• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IRONIC! 11 Year old boy Tazed Thursday after stabbing.

MikeTheGreek

11 year old kid tazed by police Thursday at around 6pm after stabbing 37 year old male.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/04/08/bc-prince-george-boy-taser-rcmp.html

For the few people who believe young kids can't actually be dangerous.

Heres a result of one of those "what if" scenarios where they do actually go through with the crime.

Some reports say that the kid stabbed a man with a steak knife, then barricaded himself in the home. After emerging from the home, with knife in hand, one of the police officers deployed his "Conducted Energy Weapon" (What Canadian police call the Taser)

Any thoughts on this?

Dreamer

The fact that there seems to be an increase in irrational, random, violent attacks among pre-adolescent children should be a HUGE red flag to people. Little kids don't act like this without some reason--mental illness, brain damage, chemical imbalance, response to abuse, etc.

For all we know, the "victim" was a pervert, and the kid was just defending himself against sexual assault.

We need to take a SERIOUS look into the lives, medical records, and nutritional habits of these violent children and try and figure out what is going on. The 8-year-old who was maced is obviously sociopathic and deeply disturbed. I saw an interview with him on Fox tonight, and the kid looks, acts, and speaks like he's a few boxcars short of a choo-choo train...

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with some of these kids (like the one who was maced), but if I say I'll just be branded as some sort of "conspiracy theorist".

You folks can figure this one out on your own...

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

The fact that there seems to be an increase in irrational, random, violent attacks among pre-adolescent children should be a HUGE red flag to people. Little kids don't act like this without some reason--mental illness, brain damage, chemical imbalance, response to abuse, etc.

For all we know, the "victim" was a pervert, and the kid was just defending himself against sexual assault.

We need to take a SERIOUS look into the lives, medical records, and nutritional habits of these violent children and try and figure out what is going on. The 8-year-old who was maced is obviously sociopathic and deeply disturbed. I saw an interview with him on Fox tonight, and the kid looks, acts, and speaks like he's a few boxcars short of a choo-choo train...

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with some of these kids (like the one who was maced), but if I say I'll just be branded as some sort of "conspiracy theorist".

You folks can figure this one out on your own...

I'm not quite sure what's up with kids these days. I'm only 21, but when I was a kid, nobody was violent, no kids had guns, or knives or anything.

Kids these days, are drinking & getting high at 12, getting knocked up at 13, and murdering at 14.

I'm not sure what the **** happened between the time I was a kid, and the time some of these kids were born. But SOMEBODY needs to figure it out.

The generations keep getting worse and worse, you wanna talk about end of the world? What's going to happen to the world when THESE kids it one day. I sure don't want to find out...

eye95

11 year old kid tazed by police Thursday at around 6pm after stabbing 37 year old male.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/04/08/bc-prince-george-boy-taser-rcmp.html

Heres a result of one of those "what if" scenarios where they do actually go through with the crime.

Some reports say that the kid stabbed a man with a steak knife, then barricaded himself in the home. After emerging from the home, with knife in hand, one of the police officers deployed his "Conducted Energy Weapon" (What Canadian police call the Taser)

Any thoughts on this?

I wonder if pepper-spraying him at age 8 might have changed his thinking about threatening to stab others, might have made him realize that his actions have consequences. We all need to learn this lesson some time. Hopefully, our parents teach it to us before cops have to use pepper spray, a taser, or a firearm.

PT111

It is ironic that we have two stories so similar going on here at the same time involving "children". The difference between a third grader and a sixth grader is a good bit but not enough to say that one is a child and the other an adult. In one case he had a sharp stick and was threatening and the other a knife and carried out the threat. For anyone defending either one as a child and proclaiming excessive force because they were just children need to ask the man who was stabbed what he thinks.

The man who was stabbed may have deserved the stabbing as someone pointed out but I doubt that his injuries weren't any less painful because the person doing the stabbing was only 11. Is a person killed by an 8 year old less dead than if they had been killed by a 30 year old during a hate crime?

Lokster

It is ironic that we have two stories so similar going on here at the same time involving "children". The difference between a third grader and a sixth grader is a good bit but not enough to say that one is a child and the other an adult. In one case he had a sharp stick and was threatening and the other a knife and carried out the threat. For anyone defending either one as a child and proclaiming excessive force because they were just children need to ask the man who was stabbed what he thinks.

The man who was stabbed may have deserved the stabbing as someone pointed out but I doubt that his injuries weren't any less painful because the person doing the stabbing was only 11. Is a person killed by an 8 year old less dead than if they had been killed by a 30 year old during a hate crime?

Well, is a 30 year old who is killed during a hate crime any more dead than anyone who is murdered?

A little off topic, but this hate crime stuff is garbage.

sudden valley gunner

Breaking News!!!

Millions of children in U.S. didn't do anything violent.

These headlines come and go. I don't think there is a rise or increase in these cases just an increase in the reporting of them. Violent kids make good headlines, just like a plane crash. And we'll probably end up seeing a push of some sort of legislation. Just like other myths of "road rage", "violence worsening in schools" etc.

flightline

These headlines come and go. I don't think there is a rise or increase in these cases just an increase in the reporting of them. Violent kids make good headlines, just like a plane crash. And we'll probably end up seeing a push of some sort of legislation. Just like other myths of "road rage", "violence worsening in schools" etc.

This ^^

All the quantitative evidence in fact suggests an opposite trend, of decreasing violence and crime. Here's a page with some stats:

http://youthviolence.edschool.virginia.edu/violence-in-schools/national-statistics.html

There's lots more data out there but much of it is in scholarly journals that aren't available for free unless you have an account through a school library or something like that.

XDFDE45

popcorn.gif

OldCurlyWolf

Any thoughts on this?

My question is this:

Was the boy just being a young criminal or was he protecting him self from an attempted child molestation or some other crime?

Not enough information either way.

Gunslinger

Any thoughts on this?
11 isn't 8.

Gunslinger

I wonder if pepper-spraying him at age 8 might have changed his thinking about threatening to stab others, might have made him realize that his actions have consequences. We all need to learn this lesson some time. Hopefully, our parents teach it to us before cops have to use pepper spray, a taser, or a firearm.

Agree 100%! Even better would have been to cut him down in a burst of automatic M-4 fire. Obviates the problem.

Or

Maybe he learns to hate cops because of their gutless over-reaction and blows one's brains out when he's 14. Violence is always a good way to teach violence.

Gunslinger

A piece of wall molding isn't a "sharp stick," and the difference between an 8 year old and 11 year old is vast. And what if the guy stabbed was a serial molester of the 11 year old? Not enough facts in that case.

Gunslinger

Violent children get the headlines. Kind of like dirty cops, for the apologists on the forum. Most of either don't do anything remarkable.

usamarshal

I'm not quite sure what's up with kids these days. I'm only 21, but when I was a kid, nobody was violent, no kids had guns, or knives or anything.

Kids these days, are drinking & getting high at 12, getting knocked up at 13, and murdering at 14.

I'm not sure what the **** happened between the time I was a kid, and the time some of these kids were born. But SOMEBODY needs to figure it out.

The generations keep getting worse and worse, you wanna talk about end of the world? What's going to happen to the world when THESE kids it one day. I sure don't want to find out...

Its called "welfare state." Same thing is happening in Europe with all these foreigners using the system. Damn shame too. Thats why I carry whenever I can...haha

MikeTheGreek

Its called "welfare state." Same thing is happening in Europe with all these foreigners using the system. Damn shame too. Thats why I carry whenever I can...haha

I'm not sure which parts of Europe you're referring to, but I know in Greece kids aren't like that, at all. Most European kids are scared of, and respect their parents, way too much to do most of the stupid ass **** North American kids do. Kids are more behaved in the rest of the world, than they are here. It's a shame.

zack991

No matter the kids age if they stab, shoot or attempt to kill or hurt another person that could result in the persons death. I will not shed a tear if they are tazed, pepper-sprayed, beaten with an ASP, and or shot with a firearm because of their stupidity. I just laugh that so many think its so wrong for the way how their actions got these types of responses from law enforcement. I personally believe their parents should be charged as well as the kids. I personally feel they got what was coming to them, if it was my kid not only would they be getting pepper sprayed or tazed by the police they would get the butts beaten to boot. I would make my kid write letters to every single person who was involved as well to all who had to respond. When I screwed up my father had a large rock pile I moved 10+ times as kid till the sun went all the way down then my dad set up flood lights for my to continue. That was after I got too old to get spanked with the belt,wooden spoon, metal spoon, tree branch ect.

Last edited:

Claytron

I'm not sure which parts of Europe you're referring to, but I know in Greece kids aren't like that, at all. Most European kids are scared of, and respect their parents, way too much to do most of the stupid ass **** North American kids do. Kids are more behaved in the rest of the world, than they are here. It's a shame.

Are you kidding me? Do you even pay attention to the **** going on in greece for awhile now? You can go on youtube and instantly find heaps of videos showing greek adults, teenagers and even younger kids rioting, faces covered in masks and throwing big rocks at people and through windows... Oh yeah, a group of rioters lit a policeman on fire with a petrol bomb a few months back.

Yeah, greece must be doing great right now.

Claytron

No matter the kids age if they stab, shoot or attempt to kill or hurt another person that could result in the persons death. I will not shed a tear if they are tazed, pepper-sprayed, beaten with an ASP, and or shot with a firearm because of their stupidity. I just laugh that so many think its so wrong for the way how their actions got these types of responses from law enforcement. I personally believe their parents should be charged as well as the kids. I personally feel they got what was coming to them, if it was my kid not only would they be getting pepper sprayed or tazed by the police they would get the butts beaten to boot. I would make my kid write letters to every single person who was involved as well to all who had to respond. When I screwed up my father had a large rock pile I moved 10+ times as kid till the sun went all the way down then my dad set up flood lights for my to continue. That was after I got too old to get spanked with the belt,wooden spoon, metal spoon, tree branch ect.

Wow, that is a disturbing paragraph. It honestly concerns me that you are a parent, especially having been through what is basically child abuse and not being able to realise that it was wrong for him to have done that to you.

I will never understand the logic behind hitting a child as punishment in an attempt to teach them theyve done something wrong. You talk about how your father would beat your ass with whatever was handy, and if that worked so well as you claim it did then why is it that it happened more than once? Why is it that you even got too old for the paddle and STILL did things that you got punished for??

If it worked so well and is such a great idea then why is it that you STILL did things you werent supposed to afterwards?

Think about it.