• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FIRE MISSION - TEA Party Rally April 16th at the Capitol in Madison

paul@paul-fisher.com

Thay can't arrest someone for something that is not illegal.

I understand, you understand, we understand, I just want to make sure the Capital Police understand. I think it is an over-reaction by one of the organizers who doesn't understand the laws. Maybe they asked the wrong question, for example, and implied people were talking about OC'ing INSIDE the capital.

Mlutz

I cant read anymore of that... The one girl... Wow... Keep it up Paul. She MIGHT get it.

Jason in WI

I have just been told that the capital police will arrest anyone OC'ing there on Saturday.

Hmmm, I wasn't sure if I was going to make this but after reading that I am going to try my hardest to take off work but I won't know till the last minute. I'm going to have to look back and check how many people are planning to go, we need at least five :p.

It is posted in the comments of the Facebook event by one of the organizers and then now they just added in the description '**this is not an open carry event**'.

I just read the whole quote:
"Absolutely NO OPEN CARRY at the tea party event on the capitol grounds Saturday April 16, 2011 between the hours of 7am and 4pm (includes set-up and tear-down.) It is our understanding that Open Carry will result in arrest on the Capitol Grounds."

So now open carry has restricted hours :eek:. Alright, its "Their" event so is it bad form to go against their wishes? Do I stand with the counter-protesters? If this event is about being taxed too much, do the counter-protesters want more taxation :banghead:? Vicki McKenna is a co-author of the face book event, you would think after having had a burger with us and making it out alive (we didn't even shoot in her direction!) she would have told Nancy we were a well behaved group :cry:.

I read this in the comments too: "Please, please do not bring guns. Please. There will be a farmer's market going on and children will be present." Can't argue with that kind of logic (Paul gets an A for effort), farmers market's and children always make my firearms twitchy and unpredictable :shocker:.

Anyway, looking forward to the response from Capital Police if any and if this event is still a go, do we have a rally point or something going on?

Edited to add:

After reading the other post I may be there now protesting Nancy Mistele, I'm sure I will get a chance to meet her as she is POINTING me out to the POLICE for my LEGAL activity's!

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

It is posted in the comments of the Facebook event by one of the organizers and then now they just added in the description '**this is not an open carry event**'.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164799016908247

I understand, you understand, we understand, I just want to make sure the Capital Police understand. I think it is an over-reaction by one of the organizers who doesn't understand the laws. Maybe they asked the wrong question, for example, and implied people were talking about OC'ing INSIDE the capital.

That is very likely. Paul - I PM'd you my phone number. I am coming down.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Thay can't arrest someone for something that is not illegal.

I think Chief Wray may make the case that if an individual is engaged in legal open carry and there are others at a public rally who are upset and point them out, the individual carrying is engaged in disorderly conduct or something similar.

jrclen

I sent the following email to both Ms Mistele and Mr Seaholm.

Mr Seaholm,
I have been made aware that I am being threatened by your organization should I decide to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights to openly carry a weapon at the Tea Party rally.
If the local Tea Party refuses to recognize my rights, I refuse to acknowledge them.

My wife and I had planned to attend the rally with 12 people from Montello. We have canceled our plans. I will inform the others so they can decide what to do.
The Capital Police were contacted and had no problem with open carry as long as we did not violate the law prohibiting carrying inside the building.

I'm very sorry the Americans for Prosperity is taking a stand against the Constitution. I think that is a serious mistake.
Sincerely yours
Names here

M

McX

a pro- liberty group that seeks to limit your rights, when you are affiliated with them?! what the hell is this world coming to?!

paul@paul-fisher.com

I think Chief Wray may make the case that if an individual is engaged in legal open carry and there are others at a public rally who are upset and point them out, the individual carrying is engaged in disorderly conduct or something similar.

Capital Police don't work for Chief Wray or the Mayor. They work for the Department of Administration so ultimately the Governor.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Would the city of Madison police be working around the capital, or are the capital police responsible for that?

They might provide extra staffing but all LEO on the grounds uses the Capital Police rules of engagement. I talked to the Sheriff of Walworth County and he said when his deputies were up there they were told to follow the Capital rules.

Motofixxer

They might provide extra staffing but all LEO on the grounds uses the Capital Police rules of engagement. I talked to the Sheriff of Walworth County and he said when his deputies were up there they were told to follow the Capital rules.

Hmm what kinda Capital Police rules? That sounds like they got something special or something.

Last edited:

jrclen

I think what this means is if the Capital police will respect the Constitution as the lead agency, all other law enforcement agencies assisting them will also abide by the Constitution. Kind of refreshing isn't it? My hat's off to the Capital police if this is the case. :banana:

Last edited:

hardballer

Will not be supporting the Tea Party any further. Done. This is much bigger than anyone thinks and goes to the core of the Tea Party leadership. This should be a wake up call int the extreme.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Will not be supporting the Tea Party any further. Done. This is much bigger than anyone thinks and goes to the core of the Tea Party leadership. This should be a wake up call int the extreme.

Often times it is easier and more effective to change a group from within than from the outside.

Our local Tea Party movement that had similar reactions in the beginning is now headed up by a very, pro gun OC lady who was not born in this country. She came here seeking freedom, got her permit too and became a citizen. She tells many personal stories to help make her points.

Point is the Tea Party movement here was dramatically improved from within. If she had walked away because she didn't agree with everything they did, she would not have accomplished nearly as much.