• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FIRE MISSION - TEA Party Rally April 16th at the Capitol in Madison

xenophon

Jeez, lighten up guys, OC is fine there. Misunderstanding from capitol police (Vicki states at beginning of podcast)

http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-comm...enna&selected_podcast=vm_4-15_hour1_part1.mp3

facebook for the event also says just hold yourself to a high standard:

**UPDATED OC STATEMENT:

Thank you for voicing your comments about the Madison tea party rally on Saturday. Due to increased security concerns for our guests, please remember that all attending this family-friendly event are expected to obey the rules and follow and comply with law enforcement.
We ask you to be mindful of the fact that tea partiers are held to a much higher standard than other groups visiting the Capitol. We have worked very hard to organize an enjoyable event for our attendees and are sincerely grateful for your understanding, respect and support.

The Madison Tea Party Organizers

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Jeez, lighten up guys, OC is fine there. Misunderstanding from capitol police (Vicki states at beginning of podcast)

http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-comm...enna&selected_podcast=vm_4-15_hour1_part1.mp3

**UPDATED OC STATEMENT:

Thank you for voicing your comments about the Madison tea party rally on Saturday. Due to increased security concerns for our guests, please remember that all attending this family-friendly event are expected to obey the rules and follow and comply with law enforcement.
We ask you to be mindful of the fact that tea partiers are held to a much higher standard than other groups visiting the Capitol. We have worked very hard to organize an enjoyable event for our attendees and are sincerely grateful for your understanding, respect and support.

Good to hear.

We want people to show us patience, tolerance and understanding. Don't we owe them at least an equal measure?

So a good exchange of dialog cleared the air apparently....working from within.

paul@paul-fisher.com

the TEA party just lost me....

Glock, As I said earlier, don't lump all of them together. I have talked to leaders of various Tea Party groups in WI and they have all been supportive of all rights.

I believe this Nancy person just doesn't personally have open/concealed carry on her radar and didn't understand the law.

Obviously, we shouldn't just blindly support people because of their 'tag'. You also shouldn't flush a whole organization because of the bad actions of one person with the 'tag'.

IcrewUH60

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that in the grand scheme of things the GOP is "influencing" the TEA Party to get what they want. I didnt hear anything about auditing the feral reserve, increasing individual liberty/choice, or downsizing the size and scope of the ferel government. What I got out of the speech was, "it's time for [us] to win in 2012, so look out dems, here we come" but she didn't define [us].

On the complete opposite end of the scale, Rand Paul ran with Tea Party support and is doing the hard work in the senate. I've never heard Palin say anything close to what I would expect the tea party to want to hear, but then again, maybe i'm not listening?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Glock, As I said earlier, don't lump all of them together. I have talked to leaders of various Tea Party groups in WI and they have all been supportive of all rights.

I believe this Nancy person just doesn't personally have open/concealed carry on her radar and didn't understand the law.

Obviously, we shouldn't just blindly support people because of their 'tag'. You also shouldn't flush a whole organization because of the bad actions of one person with the 'tag'.

Agreed :)

paul@paul-fisher.com

Does this include the tags, "Republican" and "Democrat"? :question:

Absolutely! I most often identify with the Republican party but while I voted for George Bush twice, I wasn't happy with some of the stuff he did such as the PATRIOT act and the spending spree.

Overall, I liked him more than the people running against him that had a chance, so I voted for him.

This last go around, I voted for Huckabee in the primary but threw my support (grudgingly) behind McCain because while he was a little more centrist than I liked, he was WAY more conservative than the guy who won.

I respect and support the office of the President while I don't like the current occupant. I try really hard not to criticize him personally and argue on the facts of his policies. The job of the President is a thankless job and you can see it ages people quickly.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Absolutely! I most often identify with the Republican party but while I voted for George Bush twice, I wasn't happy with some of the stuff he did such as the PATRIOT act and the spending spree.

Overall, I liked him more than the people running against him that had a chance, so I voted for him.

This last go around, I voted for Huckabee in the primary but threw my support (grudgingly) behind McCain because while he was a little more centrist than I liked, he was WAY more conservative than the guy who won.

I respect and support the office of the President while I don't like the current occupant. I try really hard not to criticize him personally and argue on the facts of his policies. The job of the President is a thankless job and you can see it ages people quickly.

I voted for this guy during the Primary Dr. Alan Keyes..I think he would have been a MUCH MUCH MUCH better President than McCain ..Alan Keyes could have been one of the best President's in the Past 200 years..I even threw money at his run....Too bad he did not go very far...

http://youtu.be/BOU81wKnfpE

Part 1 http://youtu.be/e5K9QTJtq7w
Part 2 http://youtu.be/cK3HTPpKXg4
Party 3 http://youtu.be/KqNtYV-ih6s
Part 4 http://youtu.be/Af7VpKCg_ZY

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Well, I did not go. The thought of a Tea Party Leader pointing my out to Capital Police just disgusted me.

I commented on photos of Nancy Mistele and Nancy Millholland on Vicki McKenna's FB page, now I am banned from commenting Vicki Mckenna's FB page. All I wrote was 'One who disenfranchised many die-hard tea party activists' and now I am banned.

Zeus

I heard about the response from this Nancy broad and it's obvious that this Tea Party thing is just another bunch of ass clowns playing on peoples emotions to get some dip **** who won't improve anything into office. Other than Gov. Walker and CO. , nobody seems to have the stones to do **** about anything so until someone calls me and says, "We're going to D.C. to grab these clowns by the ear and throw em out the door" , I don't want to hear anything from any of these Tea Party, GOP or Democrats. Apparently the American people haven't been corn holed hard enough yet to do what needs to be done. I feel a great sadness at how we have let the men and women who served in WWII see what a fked up mess we let this country become before they pass away and all because of greed ,laziness and the desire for a free lunch.:cry::cry:

sheepdog251

Will not be supporting the Tea Party any further. Done. This is much bigger than anyone thinks and goes to the core of the Tea Party leadership. This should be a wake up call int the extreme.

+1

Nancy Mistele's initial warning communication was that we would be pointed out to Capital Police for OCing, and very likely issued a D.C. ticket. That was the local Tea Party position, which in an "updated" release she did not back down from.

I was at a Tea Party event last fall with plenty of us OCing, there were lots of children around, and nobody objected or called the Sheriff! (Of course, THAT was pre-2010 elections.)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I don't want to hear anything from any of these Tea Party, GOP or Democrats. Apparently the American people haven't been corn holed hard enough yet to do what needs to be done.

Please don't confuse the DC based AFP (American's for Prosperity) with the HUNDREDS of local tea-party organizations in Wisconsin who are grass-roots, formed at the local levels and ENTIRELY committed to the principles of the constitution.

I posted this in another thread, but am also posting it here because I think its very important.
---
received this email today from Tim Dake who heads up the tea party group Wisconsin Grandsons of Liberty and also organized the Wisconsin Tea Party coalition. (though he is speaking on behalf of the Grandsons of Liberty in this case as he points out, no one individual speaks on behalf of all the tea party groups that are part of the coalition.)

Nik,

I have read with great dismay the letter sent by Nancy Mistele to the various organizations that she believed might encourage their members to open carry while attending the April 16th Tea Party in Madison. I also read with equally great pleasure your erudite response to Ms. Mistele. I am, and the members of my organization are, appalled at the hubristic attitude of Ms. Mistele and the organization that she represents, Americans For Prosperity - WI. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by this unpleasant development as our own involvement in the preparations for the Tea Party proved similarly frustrating – to the point where we ceased planning.

I have heard from some members of the tea party community that were deeply offended by Ms. Mistele’s letter and subsequently opted to boycott the event in Madison. Many found it hypocritical to be, in part, celebrating the Constitution while denying a basic freedom guaranteed by that very charter. The implied threat of arrest for exercising a lawful freedom was simply too much to accept from an organization that claims to champion our constitutional rights.

The WI GrandSons of Liberty terminated any association with AFP nearly a year ago due to this type of behavior involving last year’s Tax Day tea party under their previous director. We support the United States and Wisconsin Constitutions in their entireties. We do not believe that the Constitution is an a la carte menu from which one can pick and choose the portions that we support. It is our firm belief that the Second Amendment is the insurance of all of our other constitutional rights. We hold that active exercise of our Second Amendment right keeps that right strong and uninfringed.

AFP-WI, the collection of tea party type groups that they fund and control, and Nancy Mistele do not speak for the rest of the tea party movement in Wisconsin. I can only speak for the WI GrandSons of Liberty and I do not know of any single person involved in the WI Tea Party movement that can speak for all of the groups. But the WI GrandSons of Liberty wish to be clear that we completely and unequivocally support open carry at any and all of our events where it is legal. We would like to stress that Wisconsin Carry and all other pro-Second Amendment organizations are welcome to freely exercise their Second Amendment right at any and all events that our organization holds. We welcome the public display of a citizen’s exercise of their rights and we are warmly reassured by the additional security and safety that is provided to all by free American citizens responsibly bearing arms.

Thank you for your continued strong stance and leadership in support of this most basic and important of our constitutional freedoms.

-Tim Dake

WI GrandSons of Liberty

I really don't know a great deal about AFP, but as for all of the grass-roots tea-party groups in Wisconsin, many of which have invited me to speak at their meetings, they have all been exceptionally strong supporters of the right to carry and open carry.

Its critical to 'organize' in some form or manner with like minded folks. A thousand like-minded folks who are not organized, all going their own direction in an attempt to advance a cause will not have a fraction of the success that a thousand like minded folks ORGANIZED and all focusing their efforts will have.

You cannot be so disenchanted with organizations that you relegate yourself to ONLY bit(hing on the internet. Bit(hing on the internet is fine, but it has to be coupled with some kind of organizing.

I think the grass-roots tea party groups are the best demonstration of freedom minded organizing we've seen in my lifetime. If corporate financed/founded groups like AFP want to associate with the tea party movement, that is fine. Just don't let them over-run them steal the message. The grass roots tea party groups need to keep AFP in line. Not the other way around.

Carry On

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Bullschitt!!

**UPDATED OC STATEMENT:

all that statement does is show that they stepped on their dicks, (or other genitalia) and they tried to backpedal because their true colors were shown! I do not care what Vicki says, this Nancy Mistele, milholland, or whatever name she chooses to use has shown her true colors. and those colors are red, in the shape of an outlined circle with a red diagonal line through it. A handgun is pictured in the middle.

I feel she is to the tea party what Jeri's Kidz are to the joyce foundation. A talking head being compensated for her organizational skills, she is in this for the money and I bet her and jeri share the same views about our 2A rights.
Prove to me otherwise and I will retract my statement.

M

McX

NutCzak, we must form an alliance; i will accept your tea bags, if you pay me in Confederate money. heh-heh.

Last edited:

AaronS

Please don't confuse the DC based AFP (American's for Prosperity) with the HUNDREDS of local tea-party organizations in Wisconsin who are grass-roots, formed at the local levels and ENTIRELY committed to the principles of the constitution.

I posted this in another thread, but am also posting it here because I think its very important.
---
received this email today from Tim Dake who heads up the tea party group Wisconsin Grandsons of Liberty and also organized the Wisconsin Tea Party coalition. (though he is speaking on behalf of the Grandsons of Liberty in this case as he points out, no one individual speaks on behalf of all the tea party groups that are part of the coalition.)

I really don't know a great deal about AFP, but as for all of the grass-roots tea-party groups in Wisconsin, many of which have invited me to speak at their meetings, they have all been exceptionally strong supporters of the right to carry and open carry.

Its critical to 'organize' in some form or manner with like minded folks. A thousand like-minded folks who are not organized, all going their own direction in an attempt to advance a cause will not have a fraction of the success that a thousand like minded folks ORGANIZED and all focusing their efforts will have.

You cannot be so disenchanted with organizations that you relegate yourself to ONLY bit(hing on the internet. Bit(hing on the internet is fine, but it has to be coupled with some kind of organizing.

I think the grass-roots tea party groups are the best demonstration of freedom minded organizing we've seen in my lifetime. If corporate financed/founded groups like AFP want to associate with the tea party movement, that is fine. Just don't let them over-run them steal the message. The grass roots tea party groups need to keep AFP in line. Not the other way around.

Carry On

I have to agree with you on this Tea stuff.
I am not a member of the "Tea Party" due to this all.
The "party" if you can call it that, is still very new. It is so young at this time, that it has no real organization yet. For the most part, every "branch" of the Tea Party is on it's own.
Now I still have some real issues with the mass we call the "Tea Party", but I have to also say that I have talked to a few local heads, and I find me liking what I am told from them.
So I agree, we do need more (pro-rights) people, and we should look at other organizations to get the people we need. We must watch who we ask for help from, but I do like our local "Tea People" from what I have learned from them. The National level is just to much for me though...

I am sick to death of what I am seeing my elected Government do to my America (so are the local Tea people). It is a lot larger an issue then just gun rights that has made me this sick (again as with the local Tea Party). I want to see a change, and am willing to try to work for it (Tea Party). I do not want it to come to it, but if nothing else does work, I am willing to fight for it if need be.
I will stand with just about any people that are willing to make a stand for our full set of rights. None can be left out though...

M

McX

Heck that stuff is only good for butt wipe. Of course, the dollars' headed in the same direction.

your statement has caused me to spit out my mouthful of mint julip. you sir are obviously a Federal spy, and i shall report your activities to Homeland for him to monitor!