• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The final VOTE in Maplewood!

mspgunner

The City of Maplewood, City Council will vote April 12th whether or not to prohibit OC in Maplewood. The public input session is at 7:30 PM and no other comments are allowed after that. If you want to help protect our 2A rights come out and speak or at least show up to support our 2A rights. Dress well, be polite and help prevent this "INFRINGEMENT" of you rights. Speak in the forum if you can, it's the last chance or this will be a done deal!

zekester

I can't make it...but someone ought to metion this!

Missouri War Casualties..

WWI....11172
WW2..8003
KOREA..944
VIETNAM...1418...THREE IN MAPLEWOOD.

These men and women did not serve their country/state to uphold an amended Missouri Constitution..

With one stroke of a pen....or one raise of an arm, MW will either respect the sacrifices made by the men and women of Missiouri, or insure that it was all in vain.

I have a personal interest in this...although he was not a MO resident...

http://thewall-usa.com/guest.asp?recid=58119

God bless our troops....

Last edited:

mspgunner

I may go. I'm guessing you plan on not being let in if you are OC'ing?

City Hall! NO OC/NO CCW - hey my talkis 3 min easy, if you have no game plan yet, you might mention the car jacking attempt last month at wal-Mart as that may not have happened if he was OCing, as well as the above post plus what ever else you can get in within the 3 min time limit. I hope some one besides myself will talk!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I hope some one besides myself will talk!

Looks like mom's surgery is scheduled for 7 am, should be out of recovery by 12. Thinking I will go in, take an extended lunch to greet her and head back to work. Barring any unforeseen events at work, I will be there.

xdmcompact

I will try to be there but a public speaker I am not. Seeing as you can not carry is anyone going to wear there empty holster?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
City Hall! NO OC/NO CCW - hey my talkis 3 min easy, if you have no game plan yet, you might mention the car jacking attempt last month at wal-Mart as that may not have happened if he was OCing, as well as the above post plus what ever else you can get in within the 3 min time limit. I hope some one besides myself will talk!

Why can you not open carry? I thought this locality did not currently ban open carry?

sohighlyunlikely

I will be there, and if allowed to address the council I will do so.

Doc

zekester

go doc!!!

anyone going from st charles...?....I may be able to go

Need a ride...94 and 70 area.

Last edited:

cash50

I wouldn't go there not carrying we all have CCW's we can all carry there.

kylemoul

good luck. was gonna get my truck fix but 70 was closed. decided not to go because i would show up with my blackhawk holster (empty) to voice my opinion without saying a word.

however some people wish to be more professional and productive, so i will not attend.

mspgunner

Left the Maplewood meeting, my self and the others before the vote. This is what I saud, had to edit to fit in the 3 minutes:
The 1st Amendment gives us the right of freedom of speech, freedom of the press. Yet you cannot yell fire in a theater. The 1st amendment gives us freedom of religion but we cannot kill innocent men women and children in the name of God. The 2nd amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms. But you cannot use a firearm in a threatening manner, you cannot point a firearm at someone. For over 125 years according to Article 1 Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution you can carry a firearm exposed in a holster in the State of Missouri and The City of Mapelwood. We have one incident by one person who was within his rights and The City of Maplewood wants to change that? The legislature here in Missouri made it the law and the Supreme Court here and in the US Supreme Court up held those laws.
As of December 11th 2010 The following Cities in STL CO. allow open carry:
Ballwin, Black Jack, Brentwood, Bridgeton, Charlack, Crestwood, Dellwod, Des Peres, Eureka, Ferguson, Frontenac, Green Park, Hazelwood, Huntingleigh, Jennings, Kirkwood, Ladue, Maplewood, Maryland Heights, Pacific, Richmond Heights, Rock Hill, Sunset Hills, Warson Woods, Westwood, Woodson Terrace.
An alternative, perhaps an amendment to your proposed ordinance might follow the lead of the following St. Louis County Cities.
The following Cities allow open carry for people with a valid CCW permit: Berkley, Clayton, Creve Coeur, Ellisville, Florissant, Manchester, Northwoods, Olivette, Vinita Park, Webster Groves.
The Missouri Statutes state an individual in possession of a concealed firearm confronted by a law enforcement officer who requests to inspect their CCW permit must present that permit to the officer. Modification of the proposed ordinance to allow open carry with a CCW may well resolve the issue of identification when a request is made by police.
While the past incident brought about negative publicity for Maplewood, open carry remains the legal right of Missouri citizens, and has perhaps grown in popularity in recent years. Since the drafting of the Missouri Constitution in the early 1800’s and the founding of Maplewood in the late 1800’s open carry has been legal under article 1 section 23 in the State of Missouri. It simply has not been an issue.
Please consider a delay for modification of this ordinance to allowing those with a valid CCW to open carry. This would put the city of Maplewood in line with many Cities within St. Louis County.
Total prohibition to open carry means you can be arrested for simply placing your hunting rifle in or out of your vehicle, or if you are in possession of a Conceal Carry Permit and your firearm is simply seen, due to wind, riding a bicycle or a flip of a shirt or leaning over the trunk of a vehicle you can go to jail.
Over 125,000 Missouri permits and perhaps 75,000 here with other state permits.
Please consider carefully before placing additional infringements on the second amendment for the people of Missouri here in Maplewood. The second amendment of the Bill of Rights, is as basic a freedom to Americans as freedom of the press or freedom of religion, please do not “infringe” on our 2nd amendment rights.

sohighlyunlikely

look for a large man in a grey suit coat

Doc

Each of these guys and a couple others spoke out against any ordinance being passed to prohibit OC. and One person half heartedly spoke for the ordinance to pass. But you could tell after the chastising tone in the mayors voice as he read aloud his retort to any pro 2A comments. He could care less how anyone felt. He was the authority and was going to rule how ever he pleased.

Doc

DSCF3120.jpg

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I would like to apologize on behalf of every gun owner I have ever known to our veterans, I salute you and your dedicated service to all of us and the freedoms we enjoy thanks to your sacrifice and the sacrifice of those whom served with you but never came home.

The very thought that the mayor would use the deaths of our fallen soldiers and compare the exercising of 2a rights to war protesters disrupting the funerals of our brave disgust me beyond my ability to remain civil while speaking of it.

kcgunfan

I would like to apologize on behalf of every gun owner I have ever known to our veterans, I salute you and your dedicated service to all of us and the freedoms we enjoy thanks to your sacrifice and the sacrifice of those whom served with you but never came home.

The very thought that the mayor would use the deaths of our fallen soldiers and compare the exercising of 2a rights to war protesters disrupting the funerals of our brave disgust me beyond my ability to remain civil while speaking of it.

Are you freaking kidding me? Is there (or will there be) an audio recording or transcript somewhere that I can read? I'd love to hear the IQ in the room go down as the Mayor spoke.

xdmcompact

Each of these guys and a couple others spoke out against any ordinance being passed to prohibit OC. and One person half heartedly spoke for the ordinance to pass. But you could tell after the chastising tone in the mayors voice as he read aloud his retort to any pro 2A comments. He could care less how anyone felt. He was the authority and was going to rule how ever he pleased.

Doc

DSCF3120.jpg

Went to the meeting to support open carry and show support for these guys in the picture above, they could not have done a better job at trying to get the mayor to reconsider. The mayor had already made up his mind long before hearing from any of us. It would not have mattered, he ruled the way he was going too no matter what was said. Empty holster or no empty holster (wore mine) we never had a chance.

xc9subcompact

Just one more reason not to spend money in Maplewood. The sales tax rate is too high anyway. Maplewood loses. WalMart loses. Other stores in the city lose.Shop elsewhere when possible.