• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prosocuter gets owned by judge!!

xc9subcompact

Where did you get the part about the outcome of the case? I can't find it.

Aside from that, I didn't get why the issue about how he got to the Home depot factored in, PA law may require that without a permit, he drive with it unloaded and in a case, so why would the cop assume the likelyhood he broke the law on the way to the store. Also, HD's policy is to follow the local laws, the evidence presented was they don't like OC.

Last edited:

Big Boy

I hate you simply for the fact that I got involved in the discussion and in no way was prepared for it to be a little over an hour long. However, I do like a common sense judge :)

Last edited:

zekester

Oops..

I hate you simply for the fact that I got involved in the discussion and in no way was prepared for it to be a little over an hour long. However, I do like a common sense judge :)

Oh..BTW...it is about an hr long...

I found it on the PA forum..

kylemoul

yea i started to listen and had to finish it. just seems like another PA trying to make an arrest and twist facts that cannot be proven, and try to base arguments on what if's.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Uhm, you guys are listening to a CIVIL trial, there is no PA.

HandyHamlet

Judge: "Did the off duty Officer have any constitutional grounds to detain, disarm, and interrogate the Plaintiff."

Attorney: "Yes Your honor. The Plaintiff must have driven to the store."

Repeat for 1 hour.

:banghead:

Marc

Wow that was long. And I know it was a civil case, but why can't we get more judges like that? If we had judges like him presiding over criminal cases like this one we could have a big one up for our 2A rights.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The driven to the store theory was comical. I might be the only one, but I have walked to a home depot before. No where as many times as I have driven, but I certainly have twice I can recall.

That was about as weak a defense as one could expect to hit court with, it shold have settled before the lawyer embarrassed himself.

kylemoul

maybe he flew a helicopter? maybe he rode his bike? maybe he skateboarded there? maybe he did cartwheels all the way there? maybe maybe cant prove it.

they tried to twist what happened it seemed like to me

peterarthur

No prosecutor, just plaintiff or defense. Defense lawyer pwned by the judge!!! "1857 my ass. Go to Alabama or Montana and you will see guys TODAY with guns..." which is a paraphrase obviously but reflects the ATTITUDE of what the judge said to the defense attorney.

Nice.

Last edited: