• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a shoulder rig

TheSzerdi

Anyone have suggestions for a shoulder rig for my 1911? I'd prefer something with belt loops or a chest strap. I want to be able to move around without it flopping around and beating me to death.

WARCHILD

As a matter of fact I do. Guarantee you can't beat the price or the quality of workmanship. Custom made to your order/needs.
If you want, you can tell him I sent you but...he may charge you more.:p

Dan Ragan: 810-965-6665

Michigander

Not to disagree with the first suggestion since Dan's work is very good and I'm sure he'll suit your needs very well, but if this will be for concealed carry you may also want to look into the under armor style holster shirts, depending on what you'll be wearing this under. For summer carry, a typical shoulder holster can print up a storm and at the same time poke through your collar or belt line, whereas the under shirt type will only ever print the gun, depending on what shirt you're wearing over it.

https://www.kellac.com/h/images/P/holster shirt.jpg

xmanhockey7

GALCO MIAMI CLASSIC!!!!!! I got it for when I get an out of state permit and when I get older and get my Michigan permit. I have worn it around the house a lot and it's great. My step dad has one that he carries daily and he loves it. They are expensive but last a very long time and are just a great quality. When you first get it you will have to wear it in as the leather will be tight but once you wear it in it's absolutely great.

jfrenchudm

I use a Desantis New York Undercover for my full-size MP9 and 2 spare 17 rnd. mags. It is comfortable, carries well, and I understand that tie down clips are available, although I have not seen a need for it. But then again, I only use it when I will be wearing a vest or jacket, which is only a couple of times a month, and I'm not all that physically active at those times.