Thread: Charity or Community Service event

Charity or Community Service event

I thought we might want to think about a charity or community service event that could allow us to raise awareness of both our own activity and something else important in our community. Any ideas? I have seen roadside trash pickup but nothing else like this by other OC groups. It would be nice if it was somehow related to OC, like a victim advocacy charity or something like that.

Please share your ideas!

Im giving this a bump because you make a good point. Although i dont live in KC your idea makes sense to give a better image to the cause. I too have seen where there have been trash cleanups but nothing else, so while i dont have any ideas to offer i figure it needs bumped back to peoples attention.

I mentioned this along time ago and it went nowhere. If nothing else we should adopt a stretch of roadway to keep clean and that away we will be seen and we can put up a sign stating it belongs to us, Missouri Open Carry...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    I mentioned this along time ago and it went nowhere. If nothing else we should adopt a stretch of roadway to keep clean and that away we will be seen and we can put up a sign stating it belongs to us, Missouri Open Carry...
    My wife says she will pick up trash only if we get a sign Sounds like a good plan!

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    My wife says she will pick up trash only if we get a sign Sounds like a good plan!
    Personally, I don't think we've got enough people, or consistent enough people to pull off something like a highway cleanup. Especially since I would expect a lot more people to eat dinner than to clean up a highway. I would think that anything we might try to do as a charity project would need to be small, at least in the beginning.