• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charity or Community Service event

peterarthur

I thought we might want to think about a charity or community service event that could allow us to raise awareness of both our own activity and something else important in our community. Any ideas? I have seen roadside trash pickup but nothing else like this by other OC groups. It would be nice if it was somehow related to OC, like a victim advocacy charity or something like that.

Please share your ideas! :)

Marc

Im giving this a bump because you make a good point. Although i dont live in KC your idea makes sense to give a better image to the cause. I too have seen where there have been trash cleanups but nothing else, so while i dont have any ideas to offer i figure it needs bumped back to peoples attention.

Jim40Cal

I mentioned this along time ago and it went nowhere. If nothing else we should adopt a stretch of roadway to keep clean and that away we will be seen and we can put up a sign stating it belongs to us, Missouri Open Carry...

peterarthur

I mentioned this along time ago and it went nowhere. If nothing else we should adopt a stretch of roadway to keep clean and that away we will be seen and we can put up a sign stating it belongs to us, Missouri Open Carry...

My wife says she will pick up trash only if we get a sign :D Sounds like a good plan!

kcgunfan

My wife says she will pick up trash only if we get a sign :D Sounds like a good plan!

Personally, I don't think we've got enough people, or consistent enough people to pull off something like a highway cleanup. Especially since I would expect a lot more people to eat dinner than to clean up a highway. I would think that anything we might try to do as a charity project would need to be small, at least in the beginning.