• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The one time I'm not carrying in my home...

1FASTC4

My wife even admitted that had I been out there and confronted him about how he was talking to her, he would have tried to hit me. "

huh?

Had I been dressed, I'd have had the gun on, and I would imagine the whole encounter would have gone much more pleasantly; but I didn't, because ripped out pajama pants can't support my holster, let alone my gun. I don't think I would have even needed to motion or make mention of it. It cools people out, and sadly the first time I really could have used it was one of the few times I couldn't wear it.

How many times have you been in an encounter where you motioned to it or made mention of it?

SIGdude

1fastc4, I don't really know what you're huh-ing about. I was trying to make the point that the guy was just some hothead thug, my wife figured that had I been out there, we would have gotten in a fight; apparently she wants to see me get in a fight. I dunno, I'm confused about the whole situation, her yelling at me for not being out there to rumble with this guy, instead of just keeping cool and letting him walk off.

And as far as mentioning or motioning to gun, zero times, thankfully. But I do stand in a way where it would be nearly impossible to not notice it if you were eyeballing me and sizing me up getting ready to try and get in a fight. If I thought he still didn't notice at that point, I'd back up a few steps and announce the fact that I feel highly threatened and am armed. Beyond that, sure, I could personally retreat, because I'm athletic enough to hop our fence, but there were 4 other people there, including my wife and neigbor, whom I would protect if it came to that.

God willing, it never comes to a point anywhere past it just sitting it my holster and lightening up the situation.

Last edited:
M

McX

Sig, dont let anyone ruffle you over this. they werent there, they didnt see. your actions were fine in my book. each person should evaluate how they might respond, and keep that lesson in their mind. your ok in my book.

1FASTC4

1fastc4, I don't really know what you're huh-ing about. I was trying to make the point that the guy was just some hothead thug, my wife figured that had I been out there, we would have gotten in a fight; apparently she wants to see me get in a fight. I dunno, I'm confused about the whole situation, her yelling at me for not being out there to rumble with this guy, instead of just keeping cool and letting him walk off.

And as far as mentioning or motioning to gun, zero times, thankfully. But I do stand in a way where it would be nearly impossible to not notice it if you were eyeballing me and sizing me up getting ready to try and get in a fight. If I thought he still didn't notice at that point, I'd back up a few steps and announce the fact that I feel highly threatened and am armed. Beyond that, sure, I could personally retreat, because I'm athletic enough to hop our fence, but there were 4 other people there, including my wife and neigbor, whom I would protect if it came to that.

God willing, it never comes to a point anywhere past it just sitting it my holster and lightening up the situation.

(Sgt Hulka voice) Lighten up, Francis.

I'm not second guessing you. I wasn't there and didn't see the guy or how threatening he appeared. I just wanted a little clarification, thanks.

Last edited:

SIGdude

I wasn't trying to come across as terse or anything in my post. Just wanted to clear it all up, because I honestly didn't know if you were huh-ing about the situation or my reaction or what.

1FASTC4

I wasn't trying to come across as terse or anything in my post. Just wanted to clear it all up, because I honestly didn't know if you were huh-ing about the situation or my reaction or what.

It's cool. I just wasn't clear on a couple of things but your second post took care of it, thanks. I hope that jerk doesn't give you trouble in the future.

HandyHamlet

I'm still using the weasel thing for the name of my new LP.

:D

As far as the OP... I fail to see how any kind of a side arm would have prevented anything? Once a d*ckhead neighbor always a d*ckhead. All you would have done was alert the neighborhood syndicate as to were the gun stash/next score is. Kind of like cleaning a rifle in your front yard. For the world to see. I mean, I have a Panzer MK III in my garage. But I'm not going to brag about it on an open forum.

Outdoorsman1

I'm still using the weasel thing for the name of my new LP.

:D

As far as the OP... I fail to see how any kind of a side arm would have prevented anything? Once a d*ckhead neighbor always a d*ckhead. All you would have done was alert the neighborhood syndicate as to were the gun stash/next score is. Kind of like cleaning a rifle in your front yard. For the world to see. I mean, I have a Panzer MK III in my garage. But I'm not going to brag about it on an open forum.[/QUOTE]

I wanna ride... I call shotgun....

Outdoorsman1

MKEgal

HandyHamlet said:
I have a Panzer MK III in my garage. But I'm not going to brag about it on an open forum.
Outdoorsman1 said:
I wanna ride... I call shotgun...
1st thought - why call Auric?
2nd thought - I'm pretty sure a tank comes under the vehicle carry prohibition.
3rd thought - who the bleep would try to enforce it against people w/ a tank?

A much later 4th thought: how do you encase the guns on a tank, in order to comply with the soon-to-be-defunct 167.31?

Last edited:

SIGdude

As far as the OP... I fail to see how any kind of a side arm would have prevented anything? Once a d*ckhead neighbor always a d*ckhead. All you would have done was alert the neighborhood syndicate as to were the gun stash/next score is. Kind of like cleaning a rifle in your front yard. For the world to see. I mean, I have a Panzer MK III in my garage. But I'm not going to brag about it on an open forum.

I guess I figure that a typical person is going to be a lot more ballsy when confronting people if they know they aren't armed, but seeing a person with a firearm is going to cool them out really quick. As far as them knowing whose house to break into, ok, I guess you can make that point. OCing around my house isn't advertising, and he could just as easily have seen me mowing my lawn with it on, or gardening, or just putting it in the car on my way out for errands. If they want to steal it, there isn't much I can do to stop them whether he noticed it storming up my driveway or hitting me with binoculars from 300 feet away.

M

McX

I guess I figure that a typical person is going to be a lot more ballsy when confronting people if they know they aren't armed, but seeing a person with a firearm is going to cool them out really quick.

yup, yup, yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!