Thread: NJ Court Says Beaten Man Has "No Need" for Firearm

NJ Court Says Beaten Man Has "No Need" for Firearm

He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.

The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!

Muller was severely beaten, electrically shocked, abducted, held captive hundreds of miles from his home, threatened with death, and now fears future reprisals. And that demonstrates “no justifiable need?” That is outrageous!

Link: http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/...3-1.html?typpf
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

As Reader's Digest says... "that's outrageous!!"

Just when I thought NJ couldn't get any nuttier, I read this...

Someone in the comments section here posted this info on the judge:

Judge David Ironson. Like all Superior Court and Supreme Court justices, he is nominated by the Governor and approved by the State Senate Judiciary committee. You can get a bio and a pic of him here:
    http://www.nj.com/morristown/index.s...y_for_job.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Time for Judges to get retired

Ladies and gentlemen. There is a way for citizens to have judges removed. Here in Alabama, we have to write to a Judaical review committee which consists of a panel of 3 members. Basically you state how you feel that they have violated their judical Code of ethics preferably with documentation.
    Every state has a cannon of ethics for their judges and its spelled out in black and white. They violate this, by some much as to even having a bias or opinion on a stand, they can get canned Ive complained on 3 judges and now we have 3 judge spots open. We do not have to sit back and take this. If they violate state law US Supreme court rulings they can be fined huge

Start send a message to your local judges, Enough is enough Do your job right or look for a new job

Freaking ridiculous. Hopefully someone in Jersey takes this to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9110e View Post
    Freaking ridiculous. Hopefully someone in Jersey takes this to another level.
    They are: http://www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=346 . Same guy is the plaintiff, there are several judges named in the lawsuit.

I think a judge (not one named in the complaint) has granted him a permit. Anyone able to confirm?

Permit Grantd

Quote Originally Posted by district9 View Post
    I think a judge (not one named in the complaint) has granted him a permit. Anyone able to confirm?
    Although I am not an authoritative source, I remember reading yesterday in the papers that a Morristown County judge did, in fact, grant him a permit. Big Deal!!!! Any qualified person should be granted a permit. When did "NEED" become a requirement? I though it was the bill of rights, not the bill of needs.

Yes, that is correct. But the lawsuit is stll in place. They have other plaintiffs who are regular Joes who just want to carry just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. But the lawsuit is stll in place. They have other plaintiffs who are regular Joes who just want to carry just in case.
    Good. Hope they prevail. I'd like to apply to NJ as a non-resident, but I suspect right now it's a waste of time and money, even though they do allow non-residents to apply (unlike CA and NY).

my suggestion is Delaware is pretty close. its no wonder i meet a lot of people from NJ
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

correct

Good. Hope they prevail. I'd like to apply to NJ as a non-resident, but I suspect right now it's a waste of time and money, even though they do allow non-residents to apply (unlike CA and NY).
    You're right. You would be wasting your time. Carry permits for residents are as rare as hen's teeth. I can't imagine there are very many non-resident permits for regular citizens out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.

The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!
    Do us all a favor ... post a picture of the "judge" so we can all see what "the enemy" looks like.

tyc

Banned
    So I guess I don't need my fire extinguisher .... after all, there is no fire right now

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So I guess I don't need my fire extinguisher .... after all, there is no fire right now
    Good one! Hope you don't mind if I "steal" it. It's a jem.

tyc

Quote Originally Posted by tyc View Post
    Good one! Hope you don't mind if I "steal" it. It's a jem.

tyc
    Keep your eyes peeled in early February as the 3rd Circuit will either rule or have oral arguments in this case. BTW it's now Piszczatoski v. Filko.

I can understand the judge's reasoning.
    It's rare for anyone to get beaten to within an inch of his life, right?

So the odds of it happening TWICE must be approaching infinitesimal. With such vanishingly small odds, why would he need a permit?

.... Of course, to believe that reasoning you'd have to be within an inch of being brain dead.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-02-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    ... That is outrageous!
    Link: http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/...3-1.html?typpf
    Experience has shown me that most lawyers who are appointed or elected as judges are in fact legal "flunkies" who couldn't survive in the competitive world of legal practice. So they either leave town, choose another way to to make a living or all else failling, they become employees of the employer of last resort - government. There are in my opinion just too many of these "priests" in government - at all levels. As I see it, they are essentially on a glorified version of welfare.

I for one am of the firm conviction that we need far fewer lawyers in our courts and involved with our government. They should be replaced by historians, people who understand the lessons which history has to offer.

Just my opinion.

tyc
    Last edited by tyc; 01-03-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Hi Folks

Is there any more available information regarding this case?

The whole gun permit process in NJ should be challenged in court.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to this forum.

Best regards.

CCJ