• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Press Association honors WaPo propaganda piece

TFred

Washington Post gun series wins VPA best-in-show

No big surprise here, the VPA is one of the annual fighters to keep the "Domestic Violence Victim Locator Loophole" law in place (the "open record" status of CHP application information, including the current address of possible domestic violence victims looking for some self-protection.)

If the anti-gunners don't go around telling each other they are good, then who would?

TFred

TFred

What?

You mean you can look up people with CHP's and find out where they live ?:banghead::banghead: :confused:
Yes. You can also go to your local court clerk's office and ask them to give you a print-out of every CHP holder in the jurisdiction. Until sometime in 2008, several newspapers around the state printed monthly lists of "who got a CHP this month".

I strongly believe that the only reason they stopped was because we were getting some real traction on closing this information to the public. Last year's bill (2010) was headed for passage until it was illegally "killed" in Sasslaw and Marsh's "Special" sub-committee. Every citizen understands how outrageous this is, so the press decided to hide in the corner. They "must" have access to this information so they can discredit any criminal who happens to have held a CHP.

It is indeed astounding.

TFred