Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any gay or gay friendly shooters in or around Charlotte?

Any gay or gay friendly shooters in or around Charlotte?

Just looking for someone interested in going to the range with. I have a partner of 9 years who doesn't like to shoot much. I have a G 22 27 and 36 a S&W M&P 15 a Kel Tec PLR 16 and last put not least a Sig Mosquito.

A little about me: I'm 37 white, live in Belmont. Prior Military and work in the security field.

If this is a problem for you please do not respond.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

I'd have no problems shootin with ya If I was closer to Charlotte... I wouldn't know where to go in or around Charlotte though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGlock4U View Post
    I'd have no problems shootin with ya If I was closer to Charlotte... I wouldn't know where to go in or around Charlotte though.
    Thanks. There are a few places around here. I live like 2 miles or so from a range in Belmont. I think its going to be hard to find a gay friendly let alone a gay guy to shoot with in the south.

If you weren't 5 hours from G-vegas, I'd say come on out, and we'd make a range day of it. I don't care if your black, blue, green, gay, bi, triangle, or square.
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Ill be back home in about a month or so. I usually shoot at Elite Training Academy, always looking for someone to shoot with!

Ah man that kel-tec plr 16 is the **** I had one but I ended up selling it because i had to travel about 2hours to an open range to shoot it.i ended up downgrading to the plr22 because my local indoor range let's me shot it there.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by moe24 View Post
    Ah man that kel-tec plr 16 is the **** I had one but I ended up selling it because i had to travel about 2hours to an open range to shoot it.i ended up downgrading to the plr22 because my local indoor range let's me shot it there.
    That sucks you had to downgrade. The range here you can shoot everything. I like the look of the faces when I shoot it. That thing will wake the dead. LOL

[quote]Any gay or gay friendly shooters.........I have a partner of 9 years . [/b]

Why will not just any person be acceptable, is there more to the story?

[QUOTE=American Patriot;1505867]
    Any gay or gay friendly shooters.........I have a partner of 9 years . [/b]

Why will not just any person be acceptable, is there more to the story?
    Not sure what you mean? What my statement says/means is I'm looking for someone in the area to shoot with that doesn't give a **** about someone being gay, straight, or whatever. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not going to hide who I am but I don't scream it either.

I tend to think that most gunnies are more live and let live... We dont really care what you do so long as it is legal.

I live in Charlotte and Ill go shooting with you. I try to go to shooters express in Belmont twice a month if I can and actually would like to go next weekend if I can get enough ammo together. I only have a Springfield 1911 and a Ruger 10/22 and I could take my dads Taurus 38 special. Just let me know and Ill meet up with you if I can. Ive been looking around here for someone who goes to shooters somewhat often.
    Last edited by Jerry1981; 04-10-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mekender View Post
    I tend to think that most gunnies are more live and let live... We dont really care what you do so long as it is legal.
    You would think everyone could live that way but not everyone can. I don't feel its something that should have to be talked about but I'd rather put it out there now than it be an issue later. Don't want a friendship to start and feel I either hide it or it be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    You would think everyone could live that way but not everyone can. I don't feel its something that should have to be talked about but I'd rather put it out there now than it be an issue later. Don't want a friendship to start and feel I either hide it or it be an issue.
    I agree we shouldn't have to talk about it . Freedom and Justice for all means all to me.

If you ever make it to Idaho my wife and I would take you to the range with us. Any shooting opportunity is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Any shooting opportunity is a good one.
    +1!!!!!

I go to a private range with poppers and moving targets every chance I get invited on a day off and every chance my wife let's me go.... then again, I gotta find someone to watch my son when the wife is at work.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGlock4U View Post
    +1!!!!!

I go to a private range with poppers and moving targets every chance I get invited on a day off and every chance my wife let's me go.... then again, I gotta find someone to watch my son when the wife is at work.
    That sounds cool. Wish I could find a place like that around here. Shooting paper is fun but something more real and different sizes would be great.

I'm curious what one's sexual orientation has to do with guns, shooting, or the right to do anything related to both? Why bring it up?

Any Heterosexuals, or Heterosexual Friendly people wanna come shoot in or around Gainesville, FL? How about Bisexuals?

We all bleed red, what's the big deal? Welcome to Equality. Your genitals, and what you do with them, are not relevant.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I'm curious what one's sexual orientation has to do with guns, shooting, or the right to do anything related to both? Why bring it up?

Any Heterosexuals, or Heterosexual Friendly people wanna come shoot in or around Gainesville, FL? How about Bisexuals?

We all bleed red, what's the big deal? Welcome to Equality. Your genitals, and what you do with them, are not relevant.
    Well I'm glad there is much support or folks that just don't care on here but I've dealt with alot of BS and I wish it wasn't an issue anywhere in life but the sad fact it is. I love to shoot and just wanted to meet others who do as well but as I stated above I didn't want it to be a problem later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    If I had to guess this may be based on bad experiences in the past.

If you're gay and you show up to one of my range days I can honestly say I wouldn't bat an eye, if I even noticed (what, are you rocking pink grips or something?!). I didn't feel the same way when I was young, but I've matured since then and developed my own opinions.

As it stands I couldn't care less who I associate with as long as everyone is respectful and safe.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

No sorry my Glock's don't have pink grips but now that you say it I'll give it a thought. LOL J/K Is there a way to delete this post? I'm catching more hell for saying it then being it. I have to say I'm supprised that I really didn't get any bad comments.
    Last edited by Carry24/7; 04-11-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    No sorry my Glock's don't have pink grips but now that you say it I'll give it a thought.
    Preserved for posterity.

LOL J/K Is there a way to delete this post? I'm catching more hell for saying it then being it. I have to say I'm supprised that I really didn't get any bad comments.
    Not anymore...
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

This forum is as much liberty themed as it is firearm themed, IMO

For me maximum freedom covers this topic too
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

No need to delete the post I think its a good question . I have family members who have had to deal with similar issues and I understand why you might put it out there first. But anyway when you want to go to the range there in Belmont let me know ill PM you my info to get a hold of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry1981 View Post
    No need to delete the post I think its a good question . I have family members who have had to deal with similar issues and I understand why you might put it out there first. But anyway when you want to go to the range there in Belmont let me know ill PM you my info to get a hold of me.
    Jerry all 3 of us can meet up if thats fine with you
    I have a membership at shooters for the rest of this month

I'm 1,500 miles away, so I watched this thread with interest. A couple of things jumped right out at me:

First, real pro-rights people, like the majority on OCDO, are pro-ALL rights, not just some.

Second, we all know that many supposed "pro-gun" people are social conservatives who take a dim view of "teh gays". That's their loss. And still, many of those folks support your right to keep and bear arms, just not your right to marry, nor your right to be gay without consequences. They live in a confused world.

Finally, I wonder why any potential shooting buddy would have any way of knowing your sexual preference. Unless you're wearing a blaze pink t-shirt with the Pink Pistols logo, what would make them even wonder about it?

I've met up at the shooting range with lots of people, and never once has sexual preference been a topic for discussion. I don't care who you sleep with, but if we talked about meeting at the local range, and you brought it up as an issue, I'd wonder why. And I might reconsider whether I wanted to spend any time with you, if sexual identity was more important than having fun shooting safely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast