• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any gay or gay friendly shooters in or around Charlotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carry24/7

Just looking for someone interested in going to the range with. I have a partner of 9 years who doesn't like to shoot much. I have a G 22 27 and 36 a S&W M&P 15 a Kel Tec PLR 16 and last put not least a Sig Mosquito.

A little about me: I'm 37 white, live in Belmont. Prior Military and work in the security field.

If this is a problem for you please do not respond.

Carry24/7

I'd have no problems shootin with ya If I was closer to Charlotte... I wouldn't know where to go in or around Charlotte though.

Thanks. There are a few places around here. I live like 2 miles or so from a range in Belmont. I think its going to be hard to find a gay friendly let alone a gay guy to shoot with in the south.

elixin77

If you weren't 5 hours from G-vegas, I'd say come on out, and we'd make a range day of it. I don't care if your black, blue, green, gay, bi, triangle, or square.

aosailor

Ill be back home in about a month or so. I usually shoot at Elite Training Academy, always looking for someone to shoot with!

moe24

Ah man that kel-tec plr 16 is the **** I had one but I ended up selling it because i had to travel about 2hours to an open range to shoot it.i ended up downgrading to the plr22 because my local indoor range let's me shot it there.

Carry24/7

Ah man that kel-tec plr 16 is the **** I had one but I ended up selling it because i had to travel about 2hours to an open range to shoot it.i ended up downgrading to the plr22 because my local indoor range let's me shot it there.

That sucks you had to downgrade. The range here you can shoot everything. I like the look of the faces when I shoot it. That thing will wake the dead. LOL

Carry24/7

Any gay or gay friendly shooters.........I have a partner of 9 years . [/b]

Why will not just any person be acceptable, is there more to the story?

Not sure what you mean? What my statement says/means is I'm looking for someone in the area to shoot with that doesn't give a **** about someone being gay, straight, or whatever. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not going to hide who I am but I don't scream it either.

mekender

I tend to think that most gunnies are more live and let live... We dont really care what you do so long as it is legal.

Jerry1981

I live in Charlotte and Ill go shooting with you. I try to go to shooters express in Belmont twice a month if I can and actually would like to go next weekend if I can get enough ammo together. I only have a Springfield 1911 and a Ruger 10/22 and I could take my dads Taurus 38 special. Just let me know and Ill meet up with you if I can. Ive been looking around here for someone who goes to shooters somewhat often.

Last edited:

Carry24/7

I tend to think that most gunnies are more live and let live... We dont really care what you do so long as it is legal.

You would think everyone could live that way but not everyone can. I don't feel its something that should have to be talked about but I'd rather put it out there now than it be an issue later. Don't want a friendship to start and feel I either hide it or it be an issue.

Jerry1981

You would think everyone could live that way but not everyone can. I don't feel its something that should have to be talked about but I'd rather put it out there now than it be an issue later. Don't want a friendship to start and feel I either hide it or it be an issue.

I agree we shouldn't have to talk about it . Freedom and Justice for all means all to me.

Carry24/7

+1!!!!!

I go to a private range with poppers and moving targets every chance I get invited on a day off and every chance my wife let's me go.... then again, I gotta find someone to watch my son when the wife is at work.

That sounds cool. Wish I could find a place like that around here. Shooting paper is fun but something more real and different sizes would be great.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm curious what one's sexual orientation has to do with guns, shooting, or the right to do anything related to both? Why bring it up?

Any Heterosexuals, or Heterosexual Friendly people wanna come shoot in or around Gainesville, FL? How about Bisexuals?

We all bleed red, what's the big deal? Welcome to Equality. Your genitals, and what you do with them, are not relevant.

Carry24/7

I'm curious what one's sexual orientation has to do with guns, shooting, or the right to do anything related to both? Why bring it up?

Any Heterosexuals, or Heterosexual Friendly people wanna come shoot in or around Gainesville, FL? How about Bisexuals?

We all bleed red, what's the big deal? Welcome to Equality. Your genitals, and what you do with them, are not relevant.

Well I'm glad there is much support or folks that just don't care on here but I've dealt with alot of BS and I wish it wasn't an issue anywhere in life but the sad fact it is. I love to shoot and just wanted to meet others who do as well but as I stated above I didn't want it to be a problem later on.

Smith45acp

If I had to guess this may be based on bad experiences in the past.

If you're gay and you show up to one of my range days I can honestly say I wouldn't bat an eye, if I even noticed (what, are you rocking pink grips or something?!). I didn't feel the same way when I was young, but I've matured since then and developed my own opinions.

As it stands I couldn't care less who I associate with as long as everyone is respectful and safe.

Carry24/7

No sorry my Glock's don't have pink grips but now that you say it I'll give it a thought. LOL J/K Is there a way to delete this post? I'm catching more hell for saying it then being it. I have to say I'm supprised that I really didn't get any bad comments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.