• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reaction in Vallejo that was actually quite hilarious...

Yard Sale

When we saw it was one of you OC'ers, we just did what we had to do, so please don't think we are picking on you.
No officer, in fact you do not have to do anything. If somebody higher up the chain of command has issued a general order for you to detain people without any invidualized suspicion of a crime, please tell me that person's name and rank and, if possible, give me a copy of that order.

Claytron

He must be from a Free State where you can OC LOADED handguns without being subject to loss of your 4th Amendment rights--your 2A rights already having been trampled in the PDR. Unloaded carry is legal in Kalifornia, so why do the cops stop people for the 'e-check' BS in the first place? It has as much standing in the law as stopping you in your car to see if you have a license.

Free state? I guess that depends on your definition of "free". If being able to carry a loaded gun is your idea of freedom then i think you shoot set your sights a bit higher, pun not intended but i will take credit for it.

My comment about all these OC encounter posts sounding the same is that they are seem TOO much alike, as if people are just making them up in order to have a story to tell.

coolusername2007

Can we stop saying e-check experiences go well? /SNIP/

There is no such thing as a good e-check or one that went well.

I second Harley. There's no such thing as a good e-violation. You're rights were violated.

1A...your free speech rights were stomped on.

2A violation...you were disarmed without probable cause or reasonable, articulable suspicion that a crime was being committed or about to be committed.

4A violation...you were illegally searched and seized.

Yeah, I'd say that went well...for them, especially since you have no proof of the encounter.

Alude904

I was carrying my Jennings Nine 9mm (yeah, a cheap gun, but it's my first one), and my wife wanted her usual smoothie from Jamba Juice. When I walked in, the "barista" (or whatever smoothie makers are called nowadays) asks me the following question: "Are you......here to rob me or something?"

I replied with: "No ma'am, why do you ask?"

"Well, you have a gun on you, and I've not seen a person with a gun around town."

"I am wearing a gun, yes..."

"Is that even legal?"

"Yes, ma'am..." (while handing her literature about OC)

(I then ordered my smoothies)

When I walked out of the shop, she mentioned to me as I headed toward the door: "You and your friends who carry guns legally are more than welcome to come here while doing so!"

"Awesome, ma'am!"

Then here's the second funny part - as soon as I get out the car, I notice 3 VPD cars lit up and 5 officers approach me. They do an e-check on me, smile at me, release me, and only reply with "We got a call about a MWAG, so we had to come. When we saw it was one of you OC'ers, we just did what we had to do, so please don't think we are picking on you."

(a few moments go by of cracking jokes and just chatting)

"We WANT more of you running around here in these parts. Have a nice day, sir..."

My reply: "Thank you, gentlemen! You have a great day too!"

I get into my car, roll out of the parking lot, and head back to the house...

Good day, good e-check, and good graces from the men and women of the Vallejo Police Department...

This kind of stuff pisses me off. I hate ppl who are just out to get other ppl in trouble. Thet know there is no danger, they just want to call the police to have something to report so they could feel important.... I should stop before i get too into it.

Gundude

Many people out there have no clue about the gun laws. They see someone with a gun and, due to their anxiety disorder about guns, call the police.
Much the same if I see some idiot weaving all over the freeway, and call the police. Yes, I may have an anxiety disorder about drunk drivers.