• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Turned table - LEO gets the boot from cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalseter88

you sure that was about OC? i dont know the story besides what was on the video, but the video made it sound like he just dosent like cops. he stated that it was b/c they pick on homeless people. he never did say it was about OC.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It had nothing to do with OC, it is a hang out for folks whom enjoy weed and police presence hinders the ability to distribute etc.

Marc

Ok my 2 cents. Anyone that thinks this is justified obviously has no clue about anything. What i heard in that video was the same type of rhetoric spouted by the Brady Bunch, except it was aimed at cops not at guns. Everyone that owns a gun is not a bad guy, same as everyone that wears a badge is not corrupt. If u can actually think this is ok then you are a criminal who has no business owning a gun. So now this officer knows what discrimination feels like, but does anyone know him? Has he personally ever harassed or discrimanated against an OCer? He's in Oregon so who knows? Just saying if u believe he deserves it for being a cop then u have to believe Ocers deserve it for carrying. Step back and take a good look, it's the exact same principle, discrimination.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Ok my 2 cents. Anyone that thinks this is justified obviously has no clue about anything. What i heard in that video was the same type of rhetoric spouted by the Brady Bunch, except it was aimed at cops not at guns. Everyone that owns a gun is not a bad guy, same as everyone that wears a badge is not corrupt. If u can actually think this is ok then you are a criminal who has no business owning a gun. So now this officer knows what discrimination feels like, but does anyone know him? Has he personally ever harassed or discrimanated against an OCer? He's in Oregon so who knows? Just saying if u believe he deserves it for being a cop then u have to believe Ocers deserve it for carrying. Step back and take a good look, it's the exact same principle, discrimination.

You obviously have no clue about anything.

Blk97F150

If u can actually think this is ok then you are a criminal who has no business owning a gun.

So now a persons thoughts dictate whether they are a "criminal" or not.... and whether they should own a gun? Their thoughts? REALLY?? :cuss:

MK

Its well within the property owner's rights to ask him to leave. If I were the officer, it probably would have irked me just as it would if I wasn't causing any problems and was still asked to leave any other place for any other reason including carrying a firearm openly while not being a uniformed officer.

If a police officer walked in my front door right now, I'd demand that he leave. I really prefer not to have armed agents of my government on my property without my summoning them there first.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I really prefer not to have armed agents of my government on my property without my summoning them there first.

Your government? Ah-HA! Now I know who to **tch at when Congress screws up! :)

Seriously, though, I pretty much quit referring to it as my government. I want no ownership of it. Its a political lie to make me feel like I have some say in it (as though the politicians really do or care what the voters want, or provide sage leadership when the voters want something they shouldn't have.)

Re-read the 14th Amendment. There is a clause in there that completely contradicts the whole "we the people" and "consent of the governed" scam. Right in the first sentence:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States..."

We can't unconsent to be governed. The government is gonna give us government, but good, and plenty of it. Even if they have to bend, twist, and mutilate the constitution to do it.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Speaking of which, I have to write an essay about "The Literary Arts of the Contact Zone" (read about it if you care), and I've decided to select "No Treason" as my object of analysis. Lots of fun I'm having with that very subject, just tonight. :)

Hopefully my professor enjoys getting something a little... different from the usual fare. :lol:

Last edited:

Gunslinger

If u can actually think this is ok then you are a criminal who has no business owning a gun..

Wow. Where do we turn our guns in? Exactly what crime did we commit? Private business that doesn't want me to carry, I won't patronize. Private business that doesn't want cops, the cop can find another place to buy his doughnut. Nothing, failing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the follow-on BS, says you have to serve 'anyone.'

You have a right to your 2 cents. And that's exactly what it's worth.

Marc

Ok sorry im not a literary scholar and maybe phrased it the wrong way. The point I was trying to make is that it's discrimination. It had nothing to do with whether they allow guns or not. It was simply becuase he was a LEO. So if u think its ok and within their rights, we can go back to the Civil Rights Act. Is it ok to kick someone out of a store for being black? No. Mexican? No. Martian? No. So why is it ok to discriminate becuase of his job? It's not. That was my point.

MK

Ok sorry im not a literary scholar and maybe phrased it the wrong way. The point I was trying to make is that it's discrimination. It had nothing to do with whether they allow guns or not. It was simply becuase he was a LEO. So if u think its ok and within their rights, we can go back to the Civil Rights Act. Is it ok to kick someone out of a store for being black? No. Mexican? No. Martian? No. So why is it ok to discriminate becuase of his job? It's not. That was my point.

Lawfully, it is okay as its not a protected class of citizen as the others are by law.

Is it morally right or wrong to kick an officer out? That one is up to the individual. Some people believe they should have the right to deny anyone service no matter who they are or what association they are using to discriminate upon. In a sense, I can actually agree with that to an extent if we are going to agree that private property for a business is actually "private" property. No law should tell an owner of a business who he has to sell his wares or services to in my opinion but its a tough road to go. I would think that in today's day and age, if you put a sign up on your store front that no blacks are allowed for example, that many people of all races would be so turned off by it that the publicity could really hurt your business. I wouldn't do business with them but I kind of feel it should be their right. That's not going to happen to such an extent for the business man that kicks out gun carriers, police men, underdressed patrons or dog walkers though.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

A person holds a job by choice. A person does not choose to which race he belongs.

The two are in no way analogous.

Article1section23

Its well within the property owner's rights to ask him to leave. If I were the officer, it probably would have irked me just as it would if I wasn't causing any problems and was still asked to leave any other place for any other reason including carrying a firearm openly while not being a uniformed officer.

If a police officer walked in my front door right now, I'd demand that he leave. I really prefer not to have armed agents of my government on my property without my summoning them there first.

Nothing wrong with that....to bad the office didn't simply say....it's his property to do with as he pleases.

Gunslinger

Police are not a protected class. Neither are Martians. This is not discrimination. It is the choice of a business owner to deny service to someone he chooses not to serve.

Last edited:

Marc

Discrimination is a sociological term referring to the treatment taken toward or against a person of a certain group in consideration based solely on class or category.

I'm not arguing law I am simply saying it is discrimination as defined by the meaning of the word. And actually if it came down to it, a good lawyer could legally prove discrimination. Being a police officer might not exactly be a protected class according to statutes but this legal system no longer applies the statutes literally it applies what an attorney can convince the jury of.

Status
Not open for further replies.