• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Brady Campaign is a radical splinter group!

grylnsmn

Has anybody seen the Brady Campaign's latest insult to common sense?
Scare tactics at the lowest most degrading form. Distract and cloud the question with hysteronics.
http://banassaultclips.com/

Not only that, but they give absolutely no basis for limiting "clips" to only 10 rounds. All of the examples that they give are incidents with 30+ round magazines. At best, the evidence they provide would support a limit of 30 rounds, not 10.

Granted, I don't own any handguns that routinely hold more than 10 rounds, but I do quite enjoy using my 75-round drum magazine on my AK.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not only that, but they give absolutely no basis for limiting "clips" to only 10 rounds. All of the examples that they give are incidents with 30+ round magazines. At best, the evidence they provide would support a limit of 30 rounds, not 10.

I believe only only 6 states and D.C. limit the capacity of magazines. State Regulations exist in California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York.

Don't want the crime rates of those places!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I believe only only 6 states and D.C. limit the capacity of magazines. State Regulations exist in California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York.

Don't want the crime rates of those places!

Ohio has a limit of 30 rounds for magazines, before the magazine is treated in the same way a Class III weapon item is by state law and thus needs a special permit for use and possession in certain cases.

ORC 2923.11 Weapons control definitions.

As used in sections 2923.11 to 2923.24 of the Revised Code:

(A) “Deadly weapon” means any instrument, device, or thing capable of inflicting death, and designed or specially adapted for use as a weapon, or possessed, carried, or used as a weapon.

(B)(1) “Firearm” means any deadly weapon capable of expelling or propelling one or more projectiles by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant. “Firearm” includes an unloaded firearm, and any firearm that is inoperable but that can readily be rendered operable.

(2) When determining whether a firearm is capable of expelling or propelling one or more projectiles by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant, the trier of fact may rely upon circumstantial evidence, including, but not limited to, the representations and actions of the individual exercising control over the firearm.

(C) “Handgun” means any of the following:

(1) Any firearm that has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand;

(2) Any combination of parts from which a firearm of a type described in division (C)(1) of this section can be assembled.

(D) “Semi-automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a single cartridge and automatically chamber a succeeding cartridge ready to fire, with a single function of the trigger.

(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ohio has a limit of 30 rounds for magazines, before the magazine is treated in the same way a Class III weapon item is by state law and thus needs a special permit for use and possession in certain cases.

ORC 2923.11 Weapons control definitions.

As used in sections 2923.11 to 2923.24 of the Revised Code:
--snip--

(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

It was a 31 round limit, but ORC 2923.11 was apparently repealed.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2323.10,+2323.11

Last edited:

Repeater

Has anybody seen the Brady Campaign's latest insult to common sense?
Scare tactics at the lowest most degrading form. Distract and cloud the question with hysteronics.
http://banassaultclips.com/

http://ad.thehill.com/www/images/assaultclip_banner_300x250.jpg

"They make everyone a Target."

Well, then let's go shopping ... at Target!

bullseye._V218318638_.png

Aw, isn't it cute to be a Target?
68.jpg

ocholsteroc

Nice propaganda.

Of course when all that stands between three gang thugs and that little girl is you and your self-defensive handgun, having a 30 shot magazine might not be such a bad idea.

We need Oleg Volk to do a counter-point photo.

TFred

Why does Obama need to ban "assault clips" what is assault clips anyways? I guess we should ban them before they are made! :rolleyes:

Anyways, that ad is dumb and I never seen a little girl get shot up like that, who would make a poster of a little child, thats intent of harm a child. Oh wait Brady made it. :banghead: The only targets I shoot at is zombies/plain targets, and BG with GG in a head lock, and the goal is to shoot the BG and miss the GG, and also the BG with the big gun/knife pointing at you.

Morons over at brady, even if we banned all "assault clips" criminals are going to buy rifles and scopes and shoot from far away, look at DC snipers.

My point again, WHO would make a gun target as a ~CHILD~ Who would want to shoot at a child?

Last edited:

nova

It's called psychological projection. And the antis have it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The thread title reminds me of some ad lib comedy between Carol Burnette and Vicki Lawrence. Momma (Vicki) to her daughter (Carol) when daughter is having a fit over a game of parcheesi or something:

"Eunice, you've got splinters in the windmill of your mind."

Kinda fits the Brady bunch, don't it?

:)

riverrat10k

Uncle

I have taken your advice.

I have taken to sending an e-mail or letter to any local news that quotes these guys asking why the news group listens to a small, radical, fringe group.

Looking at their annual reports and federal form 990, their revenues in 2009 were 26% lower than in 2006. This is a combined number of the Brady Campaign and the Brady Center, two entities apparently. I was trying to ascertain membership by dividing revenues from dues by their minimum membership amount but could only find donate buttons on their site, no "membership".

Their federal 990 lists 28 employess and 500 volunteers. Helmke makes about a quarter million as president, and Sarah Brady about 140k as a director. Looks like they spend about a million a year to compensate the top ten earners, not including "other compensation" which is probably meals, hotels, travel, etc. and less than 100k total.

This is quick and dirty, so I hope I am not too far off here, as I am sure the groups would have no qualms in calling me or OCDO liars.

Edit: May be as many as 24 more employees at the other entity. 28 is listed for the Brady Center and 24 for the Brady Campaign. Form 990 is interesting in that it asks about affiliated organizations so some info is on both entities form 990.
One of their reported expenses each year is to the Avalon Consulting Group. Interestingly, none of Avalon's fund raising managers list Brady in their bio's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Brady Campaign and the Brady Center

All smoke and mirrors. They, like the slight of hand deception practiced by the stage magician, endeavor to make you not see the truth, but only the way you are directed ......... or maybe I should say misdirected.

The public has seen this act before. It has grown stale and frankly pretty pathetic.

The press/media plays the part of the carnival huckster, still trying to draw the rubes into the tent. The American public is abandoning the national media in droves precisely because they do not represent the views or attitudes of the people.