Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Gun control laws WORK!!! Here is more proof

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    60

    Gun control laws WORK!!! Here is more proof


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    77
    Lmao! Nice!

    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

  3. #3
    Regular Member tletourneau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greater Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    72
    Pick on the gun control laws all you want but there is nothing "nice" about six dead and eleven wounded.

    Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
    Thanks,

    Tom

    ----------------------------------
    Springfield XD-40 Service
    Taurus PT-111 Pro (3rd Gen)
    Desert Eagle .50AE Mark VII

  4. #4
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490
    “You hear about this sort of thing happening at American schools and you think that’s a long way away,” said Rob Kuipers, 50, a project manager. “Now it’s happened here in the Netherlands.”

    This is sad (incident and quote). The really sad part is in this country, I think, is the gun control advocates actually like it when shootings occur. After Giffords and others were shot in Arizona the Brady Campaign within hours were showing Jared Laughner's face using it as a scare tactic. It seems to me if they really cared about the victims families they would be spending more time and money on helping them get through the traumatic ordeal instead of pushing gun control legislation.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

    ...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

    Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,321
    the "big machine gun" i wonder if they identified it yet. probably was an ak or ar or something similar... i doubt he was carrying a ma deuce.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

  6. #6
    Regular Member Golden Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SW Michigan
    Posts
    254
    So who here looked at that picture and thought the guy by the car was open carrying like i did?
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Monroe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    77

    ...

    Nope, just looks like the guy behind him has a duffle bag. Doesn't look like a gun to me.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    the "big machine gun" i wonder if they identified it yet. probably was an ak or ar or something similar... i doubt he was carrying a ma deuce.
    Guaranteed it's a semi-auto black rifle of some sort. They should just step it up to calling it a fully automatic intercontinental ballistic missile while they are at it. Anytime the media reports a "machine gun", "assault rifle", "automatic", "AK47" or "glock", I'm highly skeptical and will assume it's a Ruger 10/22 until I hear otherwise.

  9. #9
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by kubel View Post
    Guaranteed it's a semi-auto black rifle of some sort. They should just step it up to calling it a fully automatic intercontinental ballistic missile while they are at it. Anytime the media reports a "machine gun", "assault rifle", "automatic", "AK47" or "glock", I'm highly skeptical and will assume it's a Ruger 10/22 until I hear otherwise.
    Bingo! ... but not a Ruger 10/22. The person used a Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 w/ 25-round detachable box magazine, a .45-caliber Colt pistol, and a .44-caliber Taurus revolver. The Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 is a .22 LR variation of the S&Wn M&P15. The person also apparently wore some sort of body armor.
    ------------------------------
    Here is newspaper account with this information. I can read Dutch, but you may want to use google translate or other machine translation service.

    http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuw...-in-alphen.xml

    About the SW M&P 15-22:

    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757784_image
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  10. #10
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Bingo! ... but not a Ruger 10/22. The person used a Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 w/ 25-round detachable box magazine, a .45-caliber Colt pistol, and a .44-caliber Taurus revolver. The Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 is a .22 LR variation of the S&Wn M&P15. The person also apparently wore some sort of body armor.
    ------------------------------
    Here is newspaper account with this information. I can read Dutch, but you may want to use google translate or other machine translation service.

    http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/binnenland/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2011/04_april/13/binnenland/geen-volautomatisch-wapen-in-alphen.xml

    About the SW M&P 15-22:

    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757784_image
    Tried to translate, Google Translate said no way Jose.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  11. #11
    Regular Member pmcqueen37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    246
    pasted the web page into the translator and got this, its not bad you can tell what happened.

    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

  12. #12
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcqueen37 View Post
    pasted the web page into the translator and got this, its not bad you can tell what happened.

    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
    So, it wasn't a "big bad machine gun" after all. Just a .22 caliber plinker. Oh no!! They're gonna be after my .22 next!! And it looks nothing like an assault rifle, but it has a magazine capacity over 10 rounds!!! Tubular.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  13. #13
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    So, it wasn't a "big bad machine gun" after all. Just a .22 caliber plinker. Oh no!! They're gonna be after my .22 next!! And it looks nothing like an assault rifle, but it has a magazine capacity over 10 rounds!!! Tubular.
    Here is my translation... not exact but probably adequate. "Babelfish" was not too easy to understand:

    NO FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON USED IN ALPHEN AAN RIJN

    On Saturday in Alphen aan den Rijn, 24-year-old Tristan Van der Vlis used a semi-automatic rifle and a handgun. This is according to the Dutch Police Agency (OM).


    Bullet proof vest
    The semi-automatic weapon that Van der Vlis used, a Smith & Wesson M & P15-22 is capable of firing 25 rounds in five seconds. Research by RTL Nieuws showed that he bought the weapon for 695 euros from his shooting club, VDW in Nieuwkoop. It is also clear that Van der Vlis wore a bulletproof vest.

    Third weapon
    The investigation into a third weapon is still ongoing. It is now known that the rifle used was neither an automatic nor a semi-auto converted to an automatic firearm. "This is proven by information from the scene and confirmed upon further examination by the Dutch Forensic Institute. A number of victims were shot with the semi-automatic rifle and others with the handgun."

    Special team
    A special team of the National Crime Squad will look into the psychology of the perpetrator. The team members were previously involved in the investigation of Karst T., the person responsible for the attack on the Queen that took place in Apeldoorn in 2009. The Police Authorities state that it is important to understand how from birth someone could do this.

    Footage
    The research team is now viewing footage from many surveillance cameras. They are also still interviewing witnesses in order to be able to accurately reconstruct the massacre.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 04-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  14. #14
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Here is my translation... not exact but probably adequate. "Babelfish" was not too easy to understand:

    NO FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON USED IN ALPHEN AAN RIJN

    On Saturday in Alphen aan den Rijn, 24-year-old Tristan Van der Vlis used a semi-automatic rifle and a handgun. This is according to the Dutch Police Agency (OM).


    Bullet proof vest
    The semi-automatic weapon that Van der Vlis used, a Smith & Wesson M & P15-22 is capable of firing 25 rounds in five seconds. Research by RTL Nieuws showed that he bought the weapon for 695 euros from his shooting club, VDW in Nieuwkoop. It is also clear that Van der Vlis wore a bulletproof vest.

    Third weapon
    The investigation into a third weapon is still ongoing. It is now known that the rifle used was neither an automatic nor a semi-auto converted to an automatic firearm. "This is proven by information from the scene and confirmed upon further examination by the Dutch Forensic Institute. A number of victims were shot with the semi-automatic rifle and others with the handgun."

    Special team
    A special team of the National Crime Squad will look into the psychology of the perpetrator. The team members were previously involved in the investigation of Karst T., the person responsible for the attack on the Queen that took place in Apeldoorn in 2009. The Police Authorities state that it is important to understand how from birth someone could do this.

    Footage
    The research team is now viewing footage from many surveillance cameras. They are also still interviewing witnesses in order to be able to accurately reconstruct the massacre.
    Yeah, but are the Dutch anti-gun types gonna be calling for a ban on .22 caliber "assault weapons" now? You know Sarah Brady would.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by tletourneau View Post
    Pick on the gun control laws all you want but there is nothing "nice" about six dead and eleven wounded.

    No there isn't, I was commenting on the irony

    Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.


    Swyped from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    49

    looks like open carrying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    So who here looked at that picture and thought the guy by the car was open carrying like i did?
    It's the bottom of the pants leg of the guy in the background.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •