• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you own an AK Pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Mine really grew on me. I'm more of a rifle shooter to begin with, and it just fits. I'm not going into it all here.

I'm not here to start a flame war over who hates the idea. I'm asking those who actually have one, an AK Pistol, what downsides they see to it. Having snobs look down their nose at you is not one of the things I'm concerned with.

I'm on version 2 of a retention holster for my AMD-65 pistol. In the time since I built it, I have nothing but wonderful, happy things to say about it.

Who has something other than elitist rhetoric in the 'cons' department? I'd like to hear from you. Legitimate "I don't like my AK Pistol because..." kind of things.

1245A Defender

well,,,,

new to OC,,, should I buy 1 or 2???

OK Im just kidden,,,,
I bought two AK pistols!!! Just cause i needed to talk to customer service!
so they are like brand new manufacture, romarm.
i also bought a sh1tload of 1985 made 7.62x39 brass case pointy tip ammo.
ive always thought the "michigan pistol" law was pretty neat, but
that only works in michigan.
we here in washington dont have that option, but we do have a pistol law,
and these AK pistols are pistols, that fire a rifle caliber, that can be carried in your car, with a CPL, LOADED in your car!
they have a forward sling slot, but not in the rear, so need to do something!
I dont want to keep both of them, but wont violate forum rules for my friends.
you can find my PM addy if you want to talk..

BTW,,,, for on topic, they are 21 1/2 inches long,, if i tuck it up under my armpit,
It does not show from under the hunting type shirt i usually wear to keep off the chill!

021.jpg

havent shot them yet, but dont expect any problems,
hey, theyre AKs, what could go wrong?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I hear that, I built mine from an AMD-65 kit I have had laying around for almost 10 years.

Centerfire and Century both have this "Draco" thing for under $400. Very Krinkov looking. Dunno if it sucks or not.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
I don't have one. I have shot both AK and AR type pistols and I just can't find a use for them. They're pretty fun on the range, but they're too awkward to hold in a two-handed handgun grip and when you grip the pistol grip and the foregrip, the only comfortable way to shoot it is from the chest. It's fine if you like it, but I'd bet a substantial amount of money that under stress you couldn't hit anything with it reliably enough to defend yourself without endangering everybody in the area.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I take it in more of a rifle stance. I'm not much of a handgun shooter to begin with. I'm WAY more accurate with an AK-Pistol than any handgun.

I call it a matter of practice and preference. For me, the AK-pistol is the better choice, by far. I suppose it would be just as awkward for a practiced pistol shooter to adapt to it, as it is for me to try to adapt to conventional pistol shooting. After 20+ years of rifles and little to no handguns... I'm just not that confident with a conventional handgun. The rifle is ingrained. I need a handgun that mimics it. I often carry a P3AT, and I don't think I would even use it if I had to. I can barely hit a flock of low flying barns with that thing.

Betting about how much it sucks is cute and all, but it's not helpful to the topic. It's also not true. I'll put my AK-pistol against your conventional handgun. Hows 50yds sound? Didn't think so.

Exactly how much is "a substantial amount of money." I need to know how much to bring... ;-)

Last edited:

j4l

I've no issue with the AK itself. Is my all-time, hands-down preferred combat rifle/carbine and cartridge.
It always enfuriated me in the Army that we were stuck with near-$10k Jam-a-Matics firing in-effective cartridges,while the other guys were shooting back at us with non-jamming,damned near indestructable, sub $1k rifles firing far more effective rounds..how this ever made sense to anyone up the chain of command is still beyond me..much less the fact that they have been doing so since before I was born. :banghead:

AK as a pistol though? Havent actually tried it myself,so wont knock it. Have considered one myself, but only because I never cared for the folding-stock variants out there. I like the idea of a smaller,more compact AK. But as an around-the-house weapon, not as a primary -carry piece.
It may seem like a nifty idea to you now. However, you will find it a bit bulky,awkward and so forth ,once we start open-carrying on a regular basis soon. Getting into/out of a car/truck is going to get tiring fast. Sitting in chairs with arm-rests, etc. Little things you arent thinking about right now-but the ergonomics are going to annoy you eventually.

And, I wont even go into the type of troubles it will invite-both from fellow citizens and LEO's, and ya ya ya, I know you love provoking the police. BUT, when the time comes, and you are carrying that thing on you- it's going to escalate beyond just a cop confronting a guy with a handgun- SWAT units are likely to be called in.In which case, you will finally have your big,dramatic, news-covered Tony Montana moment,but...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I've no issue with the AK itself. Is my all-time, hands-down preferred combat rifle/carbine and cartridge.
It always enfuriated me in the Army that we were stuck with near-$10k Jam-a-Matics firing in-effective cartridges,while the other guys were shooting back at us with non-jamming,damned near indestructable, sub $1k rifles firing far more effective rounds..how this ever made sense to anyone up the chain of command is still beyond me..much less the fact that they have been doing so since before I was born. :banghead:

One of the many reason I didn't join. With an AR-15 in your hand, it's closer to suicide than 'fighting for your country.' I'm not at all discounting those who do, I just don't see why the massive effort to hamstring a soldier... Do it right.

AK as a pistol though? Havent actually tried it myself,so wont knock it. Have considered one myself, but only because I never cared for the folding-stock variants out there. I like the idea of a smaller,more compact AK. But as an around-the-house weapon, not as a primary -carry piece.
It may seem like a nifty idea to you now. However, you will find it a bit bulky,awkward and so forth ,once we start open-carrying on a regular basis soon. Getting into/out of a car/truck is going to get tiring fast. Sitting in chairs with arm-rests, etc. Little things you arent thinking about right now-but the ergonomics are going to annoy you eventually.

You're right. All these little things are the reason why I have 3 revisions of my holster project. They become big things. Probably go with 20 rnd mag in the gun, 30 as the spare. You're right, it is heavy and cumbersome if not held down well. But I'm approaching a setup that holds it pretty well. As long as it holds still, it isn't that bad. Even I would get tired of being out and about with it for 8+ hours, but who does that? You run to the store, then back home. Who runs errands all day long?

I do have a 1911 w/ Serpa. It'll probably be more common that I carry that anyway. It's what I carry now. I just don't know that I'd trust myself to take the shot with it in a great many scenarios which I have confidence with the AMD-65. Why handicap myself? Because somebody might call me Rambo and pretend to know my mind as a way to insult me? Whatever. I really don't care. That's a really lousy reason to handicap one's self.

Crossdraw. Think about it.

And, I wont even go into the type of troubles it will invite-both from fellow citizens and LEO's, and ya ya ya, I know you love provoking the police. BUT, when the time comes, and you are carrying that thing on you- it's going to escalate beyond just a cop confronting a guy with a handgun- SWAT units are likely to be called in.In which case, you will finally have your big,dramatic, news-covered Tony Montana moment,but...

The same argument was made about any kind of OC 10 years ago. That dead horse has been beaten, soundly.

I don't enjoy provoking the cops. In fact, I can't count a single instance in which I have done so, ever, in my entire life. It would require criminal behavior, would it not? And if not, how could a legal practice 'provoke' anything at all from Legal Enforcement? If they're actually obeying the charge of their position, it is an absolute non-issue.

Your crystal ball and mind-reading powers are astonishing. Far more intentionally 'obnoxious' (to pose it from your perspective) things have been done without the results that you speak of. A Black Guy carried an AR-15 and his race was lied about. Somebody painted their AK-pistol Orange and slung it. Many a long-gun carry. Could your dire predictions come to pass? I suppose. Anything is possible. But is it probable? No. In the wrong place with the wrong kind of cops, the same could happen to the carrier of a 'conventional' handgun, too. It really is pointless to preemptively wet my panties about it.

I have done, and will always do, things that garner the attention of Opinion/Revenue Enforcement Officers (OREOs). But nothing that would raise a legitimate, honest Law Enforcement Officer's eyebrow...

What I am setting up for is merely my own preference. I like my AK-pistol more than any other gun I have, period. It works with me. It's cheap. It's accurate. It's reliable. It beats the living crap out of conventional handguns in every way I can think of. I started this thread because I know I can't possibly know everything. Surely, there must be something I've missed.

What it lacks is a secure way to carry it, and I'm working on that.

Last edited:

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
One of the many reason I didn't join. With an AR-15 in your hand, it's closer to suicide than 'fighting for your country.' I'm not at all discounting those who do, I just don't see why the massive effort to hamstring a soldier... Do it right.

Seriously? And this is based upon how many real-life shooting encounters? Hint: I'm well into the double digits and the M-16 never let me down. You have no credibility. I'm sorry I responded to your ill-conceived drivel.

09jisaac

Seriously? And this is based upon how many real-life shooting encounters? Hint: I'm well into the double digits and the M-16 never let me down. You have no credibility. I'm sorry I responded to your ill-conceived drivel.

^^^ Yes, but I'm willing to bet money you take care of your guns. I too have had no problems out of my AR (after the 1st cleaning). I would trust my life to it because I KNOW there is no dirt in the receiver. But if I was going to treat my guns the way soo many people do, I wouldn't trust my life to any gun. The AK is just more tolerant to being ill treated.

Fabricator

AK pistol: Neat, but I must ask: What's the sight radius? It does not appear to be over 10".... I don't mean to stir trouble here, but in response to:

"Betting about how much it sucks is cute and all, but it's not helpful to the topic. It's also not true. I'll put my AK-pistol against your conventional handgun. Hows 50yds sound? Didn't think so."

My "little 6 inch GP-100" (.357) is routinely shot at 50 and 75, oh, and 100 (double your challenged range) yards at 8" ,12", and 16" targets offhand, with great success. I know its not the same firepower as the 7.62 round in the Kalishnakov, and only holds 6 rounds, so it's not a direct comparison, but the remark WAS about range/accuracy and not energy. I have; however, made a couple alligator-mouthed fellas with "pistol-rifles" embarrased with my EDC 4" security-six.... Just sayin, be careful who you challenge to shooting "50-yard accuracy" with. FWIW, a 15 year old in our church youth group likes to shoot my 2" ..38spl at 50 yards at a 16" gong... He scores hits better than 50%!!! In my business, I am in and out of vehicles, forklifts, and a rare desk chair, and I pine for my .38 at times (Titanium snubbie). I like the security that a "medium barrel" provides (specifically the 4" gun over the 2" snub) but I wonder if the "AK" really has a significant benefit over a skilled shooter with a quality gun of lesser size.... Just wondering how much you get out, or plan to comfortably do so. It's your right to do it, so by all means, carry on.

Fabricator

PS: I DO hope to own an "AK" soon, as I like the weapon!

Last edited:

jeeper1

From what I've been reading here some (most) of the people have never bought a gun just to have fun plinking with.
Most of my guns were bought just to create empty cases with. I do have a few for target shooting, a few for hunting years ago when I could walk and a few for self defense. But most are just fun guns.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

M-16/AR-15 is a laboratory weapon. I've owned, built, and repaired hundreds. Over the course of almost 2 decades. I clearly wouldn't know anything...

Guess how many AKs I've had to fix? Zero.

Experience with one thing does not make you qualified to talk about another. This kinda crap is specifically what I wanted to avoid in this thread, but it seems diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain will ensue no matter what.

I had a PLR-16, too. The only rational .223 pistol (IMNSHO), no stupid buffer tube. 5.56 NATO should be referred to as "pink tip."

Sure, an AR is good if you babysit it. Constant cleaning and maintenance. But is that what someone in the battlefield should be doing? Gas directly into the bolt carrier... A little bit of sand and it's all over, no, you'd never find sand or dirt in a place where people are shooting at each other... Aluminum? Really? The notion that wars take place in carefully regulated hermetically sealed environments is kinda silly: that is the only place an AR-15 performs. I sold mine. KTHNKSBAI. I <3 Saiga .308.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
AK pistol: Neat, but I must ask: What's the sight radius? It does not appear to be over 10".... I don't mean to stir trouble here, but in response to:

"Betting about how much it sucks is cute and all, but it's not helpful to the topic. It's also not true. I'll put my AK-pistol against your conventional handgun. Hows 50yds sound? Didn't think so."

My "little 6 inch GP-100" (.357) is routinely shot at 50 and 75, oh, and 100 (double your challenged range) yards at 8" ,12", and 16" targets offhand, with great success. I know its not the same firepower as the 7.62 round in the Kalishnakov, and only holds 6 rounds, so it's not a direct comparison, but the remark WAS about range/accuracy and not energy. I have; however, made a couple alligator-mouthed fellas with "pistol-rifles" embarrased with my EDC 4" security-six.... Just sayin, be careful who you challenge to shooting "50-yard accuracy" with. FWIW, a 15 year old in our church youth group likes to shoot my 2" ..38spl at 50 yards at a 16" gong... He scores hits better than 50%!!! In my business, I am in and out of vehicles, forklifts, and a rare desk chair, and I pine for my .38 at times (Titanium snubbie). I like the security that a "medium barrel" provides (specifically the 4" gun over the 2" snub) but I wonder if the "AK" really has a significant benefit over a skilled shooter with a quality gun of lesser size.... Just wondering how much you get out, or plan to comfortably do so. It's your right to do it, so by all means, carry on.

Fabricator

PS: I DO hope to own an "AK" soon, as I like the weapon!

Empty that wheel gun in under 5 seconds and see where all the bullets go.... 10 seconds to put 12 rounds down range. Timing it is one way to emulate what it's like to take the timing aspect away from your accuracy practice. How good are you when you have to take the shot, instead of leisurely taking aim and biding your time under perfect conditions?

I'm referring to things like Glocks, XDs, or the 1911. The kind of guns considered "normal and acceptable." I'd consider a revolver too, if it had the capacity...

I'm trying to compare true defensive scenario type shooting. Quick follow ups. I've seen some very practiced pistol shooters who might best me, but they generally live at the range.

My point is that I can make a surgical shot at moderate range if I have to. Under less than ideal circumstances, I am orders of magnitude more accurate with the AK. I wouldn't even try it with my 1911. No way. And yes, a large part of that is my lack of practice with handguns. They just aren't my thing. Why should I carry something that puts me off my training?

Taking very fast shots and aiming only for the general area of 6in, I put 85% of my rounds in the 6in target. I'm sure I could do better if I took my time, but I'm practicing for real-world situations, and having that extra accuracy when the adrenaline is pumping seems like a practical investment to me. Will I be taking 50 yard shots in self-defense? Not likely. But it makes me that much better at 20.

My root intent is to have a gun that makes up the difference when I'm in a state of less than ideal. Sure, it's overkill. But will it be overkill when my pulse is racing, I'm out of breath, etc....?

As with CC compared to OC, when the day comes and your number is up, are you prepared for what actually happens? Or just leisurely putting holes in paper?

When being objective, I simply cannot fathom the notion of a less adequate firearm being exclusive just because it isn't big and ugly and someone might not like how it looks... If that were the case, I'd need a bag over my head. :p

Skill is great, but skill diminishes or completely disappears under stress and fatigue. I'd rather have my accuracy invested in the hardware, it doesn't change or have any human failings. My theory in building my AMD-65 was that my accuracy would drop off less if I were less of a factor in that accuracy. Let the tool do the work. So far my range time suggests I'm right.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The AK is just more tolerant to being ill treated.

That's your definition. For some people a gun is like a toaster. They just want it to work and be simple. That isn't neglect or laziness, it's just a different use/need. I don't want a gun I have to make out with 3 times a day just to make it work...

Fabricator

Most of us carry based on our understanding of a perceived threat level. Can I put 20 rounds downrange at 50 yards quickly? Probably not as fast as a skilled shooter with a SA rifle (or pistol), although this was your response to a different "challenge", which was simply shooting accuratly at 50 yards. I CAN however, shoot 6 rounds accurately at a "D-1" target in as many seconds. at 50 yards. Not that I'd be defending myself at 50 yards, unless attacked in an open field...

Is it reasonable to say that the two weapons are not comparable? Certainly! One is large, has a relatively high velocity round that penetrates very well, and holds 10-20-50 etc rounds, but weighs what 4-6 or 10 full-size handguns weigh. It can do a lot of things no one would ever challenge a similarly trained shooter against; EXCEPT in areas like average suburban self defense threats. Different design for a different purpose... Can you draw and fire one shot in 1 second? Can you do this one handed? Can you draw and fire as quickly as a conventional handgun in your automobile? I am not against your AK, as I hope to get one soon, but not for the same purposes. I am simply observing that you COULD allow the longer range/rate of fire/ firepower justification of your chosen weapon to hinder you in a MUCH more likely defensive situation. I know you could supply a scenario where the AK would be superior, but I also think that it puts you at a severe tactical disadvantage in the remaining XX% (overwhelming majority) of likely defensive encounters.

I personally speculate that the kind of "scenario's" where the Kalishnakov would really "shine" are also scenarios where I wager none of us would be legally justified in shooting... Again, I am all for your piece, but I am interested in your thought process behind selecting it for daily defensive carry. If it is for fighting for freedom against an invading/occupying force, you are going to be outgunned with most military weapons at combat range, and flat out dead at even deer-rifle ranges. In CQC, you'll need to walk around at the "low ready" to avoid being beaten at the draw. This seemingly simple solution to the "fast draw dilemma", will also get you shot quickly (and justifiably so) in the sights of even a sensible LEO/SWAT. You may even be "justified" in bearing it (and I support your right to do so), but you will also be dead. Getting dead would really crimp my freedom on earth... It may also hurt the cause of lawful carry.

I am new here, and after reading many of your previous posts/threads, gather that carring a "rifle-pistol" is just part of your personality, and cannot be well-supported with logic (wich IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE BTW). Similarly, I carry a revolver as it fits my personality, and I too know it puts me at a severe tactical disadvantage in the event (albiet unlikely) that I need more than a round or six of .357 magnum. In other words, my carry choice is not based 100% on logical threats either, and certainly based in part on personal preference/personality. The major difference is that I wager it fails to put me at a major disadvantage in the average civilian/non-terrorist/zombie threat, and with an extra 3-4 seconds, I CAN take the game to 100 yards with COM accuracy. Furthermore I am a bit less likely to look like the assailant, and be shot by a LEO, or another legally armed (albeit misguided or overzealous) citizen. I keep a rifle locked in the toolbox of my truck for the "boy scout principle" of being prepared; but it mostly because I like "being prepared to go to the range". I suppose if I ever DID have a threat at 50-100-300 yards, I could ask law enforcement to "stand-down" while I take down the BG with my Lee Enfield....:uhoh: Your choice is just that, but makes me look critically at the logic behind that decision.

Respectfully,

Fabricator

bomber

i love my draco like its my own child. mine is the one from century arms. i bought it used for $300. i love the flame, i love the size of the gun, i love the noise, i love the way the recoil feels, and for accuracy its not too shabby at 25 yards.

the hardest part is aiming it, but its not really intended as a long range weapon. i want to SBR it, but i don't know when that will happen. with a stock i'm sure it would be adequately accurate out to at least 100 yards.

its a niche gun, and i own it for fun and for the just-in-case-i-need-a-compact-but-extremely-high-powered-weapon....like in the movies.

i would never OC it, but thats just me. i don't think there's anything wrong with that, its just not my bag.

i have a couple videos of me shooting it on my YT channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/GUNxprt

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Most of us carry based on our understanding of a perceived threat level. Can I put 20 rounds downrange at 50 yards quickly? Probably not as fast as a skilled shooter with a SA rifle (or pistol), although this was your response to a different "challenge", which was simply shooting accuratly at 50 yards. I CAN however, shoot 6 rounds accurately at a "D-1" target in as many seconds. at 50 yards. Not that I'd be defending myself at 50 yards, unless attacked in an open field...

Is it reasonable to say that the two weapons are not comparable? Certainly! One is large, has a relatively high velocity round that penetrates very well, and holds 10-20-50 etc rounds, but weighs what 4-6 or 10 full-size handguns weigh. It can do a lot of things no one would ever challenge a similarly trained shooter against; EXCEPT in areas like average suburban self defense threats. Different design for a different purpose... Can you draw and fire one shot in 1 second? Can you do this one handed? Can you draw and fire as quickly as a conventional handgun in your automobile? I am not against your AK, as I hope to get one soon, but not for the same purposes. I am simply observing that you COULD allow the longer range/rate of fire/ firepower justification of your chosen weapon to hinder you in a MUCH more likely defensive situation. I know you could supply a scenario where the AK would be superior, but I also think that it puts you at a severe tactical disadvantage in the remaining XX% (overwhelming majority) of likely defensive encounters.

I personally speculate that the kind of "scenario's" where the Kalishnakov would really "shine" are also scenarios where I wager none of us would be legally justified in shooting... Again, I am all for your piece, but I am interested in your thought process behind selecting it for daily defensive carry. If it is for fighting for freedom against an invading/occupying force, you are going to be outgunned with most military weapons at combat range, and flat out dead at even deer-rifle ranges. In CQC, you'll need to walk around at the "low ready" to avoid being beaten at the draw. This seemingly simple solution to the "fast draw dilemma", will also get you shot quickly (and justifiably so) in the sights of even a sensible LEO/SWAT. You may even be "justified" in bearing it (and I support your right to do so), but you will also be dead. Getting dead would really crimp my freedom on earth... It may also hurt the cause of lawful carry.

I am new here, and after reading many of your previous posts/threads, gather that carring a "rifle-pistol" is just part of your personality, and cannot be well-supported with logic (wich IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE BTW). Similarly, I carry a revolver as it fits my personality, and I too know it puts me at a severe tactical disadvantage in the event (albiet unlikely) that I need more than a round or six of .357 magnum. In other words, my carry choice is not based 100% on logical threats either, and certainly based in part on personal preference/personality. The major difference is that I wager it fails to put me at a major disadvantage in the average civilian/non-terrorist/zombie threat, and with an extra 3-4 seconds, I CAN take the game to 100 yards with COM accuracy. Furthermore I am a bit less likely to look like the assailant, and be shot by a LEO, or another legally armed (albeit misguided or overzealous) citizen. I keep a rifle locked in the toolbox of my truck for the "boy scout principle" of being prepared; but it mostly because I like "being prepared to go to the range". I suppose if I ever DID have a threat at 50-100-300 yards, I could ask law enforcement to "stand-down" while I take down the BG with my Lee Enfield....:uhoh: Your choice is just that, but makes me look critically at the logic behind that decision.

Respectfully,

Fabricator

Your points are well taken, and I appreciate your input. One of only a few who chose to understand the purpose of the OP. All opinions are skewed by bias, that's foundational to what an opinion is.

The challenge was not different, I just failed to define it since I presumed the discussion framed it already. I'm meaning an action rifle type of practice, with not a race against the clock but a 'Finish in X amount of stupidly insufficient time or you get a 0 because you're 'dead.'"

This discussion has led me to more succinctly articulate what my intent is. To make my accuracy more based on the hardware than the skill set. Skills diminish under stress/fatigue. I want a firearm that is less affected by this than 'conventional' handguns are. I also want a gun that fits my heavily one-sided rifle skill set. I'm not confident, and rightly so, with conventional handguns. I truly suck. I also like having a big pile of ammo. I just do. If I carried a Glock, my spare mag would likely be one of those obnoxious 30rd deals. Lastly, most OC reports on this forum involve the phrase "I don't think anyone even noticed." That probably includes the Bad Guys. I'm not a bulky fellow. When I carry, it never goes unnoticed. I've accepted that I'll be drawing more (unwanted) attention than most no matter what I carry. I don't much care for the human race and most of it's behaviors, I prefer to be as invisible as possible when out in public. I'm giving that up and have accepted it. May as well carry what fits me best.

Penetration isn't really a major point, but it is useful. One must be wary of OVERpenetration with it. I considered (reluctantly) the Tec9 type weapons. I'm generally going for a handgun that puts two hands in two different places and has a (much) longer sight radius than my P3AT.

The last thing I want to do is 'be gangsta.' But I'm not finding practical answers to the two-position hand-hold and longer sight radius. If people end up calling me 'gangsta rambo' it won't be because I wanted it that way... I just don't see other options for a two-position hand-hold and a 12"+ sight radius.

09jisaac

That's your definition. For some people a gun is like a toaster. They just want it to work and be simple. That isn't neglect or laziness, it's just a different use/need. I don't want a gun I have to make out with 3 times a day just to make it work...

You don't have to clean an AR "3 times a day just to make it work", and the AK still is only soo tolerant to neglect and laziness. You would wish that you did clean that firearm more times that what you did when you want it to go BANG and it only goes click.

Before I put any of my guns back in the safe, or my dresser drawer, I clean them. Because it would be no comfort at all for my family if I needed them to work and they didn't because I treated them like my toaster.

Proper care of all firearms are the same, the AK just keeps on chugging along when you don't fallow it strictly.

Status
Not open for further replies.