• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did we count our chickens?

Uziel Gal

Has enough time already passed for a legislative reform of Wisconsin's firearm laws? Have those that said it would happen this year, caused complacency among us? Will Wisconsin be the last State in the union to outlaw all concealed carry? Will the school and vehicle laws continue to make a mockery of self defense? Has the incompetent handling of collective bargaining stirred up to much opposition?
side note: I'm not for "cb" I just know that it could have been accomplished so easily be making being a dues paying union member an individual choice not enforced or state collected. Union membership typically drops 90% in such cases making "cb" largely irrelevant and it's really hard for liberals to protest choice.
Should I sign recall petitions for my elected officials that have let me down? Should I vote them out of office if there is a recall? Perhaps a little leadership is in order? Perhaps another coffee meet will make me feel better?

Let me know if there is anything I can or should do?

oak1971

I don't know what to do. Vote them out? Go ahead, but the new boss is likely to look much like the old boss or worse. If you vote for a Dem you can forget about any pro gun, pro personal defense, legislation period. Do I fell let down? Damn right. If we could get someone better in a primary fight I'm all for that, but it will be a cold day in Hades before we get Dem that thinks like we do.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Did someone serve you a tall glass of kool-aid or something?

Keep calling your legislators, send them the bill that was assembled by members of this forum, I keep hearing 'I am waiting for someone to introduce a bill" and I call them on their ******** and refer to a bill which is already written, the same one I forwarded to them, and to quit being a ***** and be proactive instead of reactive.

We saw what the last 20 years of liberal leadership has accomplished, we have only had a conservative leader ship for 4 months, the Budget is #1 priority right now, once this gets hammered out there are no more excuses, so don;t go making any hurried actions spurred by the liberal goons quite yet.

Yes, I have said tp my reps that if something is not done as soon as the budget is handled, they will also see my signature on a recall petition.

I have not signed yet because it will put us in a worse position than where we were with Doyle and all the other libs we had in the past.

Captain Nemo

When is Wisconsin going to get a carry bill?
http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SJR-1.pdf

According to the legislative calendar for 2011 there are three times that non-budget bills are scheduled to be sent to the governor. March 24, Aug 4, Dec 8. March 24 has already passed with no action on a carry bill. Aug 4 will include bills passed by both houses of the legislature between Mar 24 and July 29. The next bills sent to the governor for signing on Dec 4 will be those non-budget bills passed between July 29 and Nov 3.

The earliest we can expect to have a governor signed carry bill is Aug 4. If the republicans hold to their promises to pass a bill this year it could be as late as Dec 8 before one hits the governor's desk. I would guess it will be Aug 4. It will probably be mid May before we see any drafts.

If the legislature holds to it's schedule, as published in the above link, and expects to have a bill on the governor's desk in Aug we should see some action soon. Now is the time to really start beating the drums. Remember: "80% of the work gets done in the last 20% of the schedule". Contact the legislators "en masse". Tell the Republicans that as active voters we expect to see results on their pledge to enact carry legislation this year in payment for our votes in the mid-term elections. Tell them we did not give them a life time job, they are only on probation.

My opinions

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Some patriot groups are planning a "lobby day" in Madison this Friday along with some seminars. I've been asked to speak at one. Don't know what time yet, but its a good opportunity to show up and speak with your legislators in person. Details to follow as soon as I get them.

M

McX

well at least were not arguing here which came first; the chicken or the egg.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Has enough time already passed for a legislative reform of Wisconsin's firearm laws? Have those that said it would happen this year, caused complacency among us? Will Wisconsin be the last State in the union to outlaw all concealed carry?

I think you mean, "Will Wisconsin be the last to legalize concealed carry?" It's already outlawed (for the most part.)

Fortunately, with open carry our ability to carry a firearm for protection already is better in Wisconsin than a number of states that have concealed carry provisions. Try getting a concealed carry permit in states like Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey -- or in parts of New York and California.

We're not in competition with Illinois, and if they get a concealed carry provision first --- hell they'd be happy with pretty much any kind of carry provision-- then congratulations to them. I want a QUALITY concealed carry law in Wisconsin, preferably Constitutional Carry. This can be accomplished easily with the repeal or modification of a handful of statutes and without cost to taxpayers and without imposing an extra burden on state or local agencies.

LR Yote 312

I think you mean, "Will Wisconsin be the last to legalize concealed carry?" It's already outlawed (for the most part.)

Fortunately, with open carry our ability to carry a firearm for protection already is better in Wisconsin than a number of states that have concealed carry provisions. Try getting a concealed carry permit in states like Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey -- or in parts of New York and California.

We're not in competition with Illinois, and if they get a concealed carry provision first --- hell they'd be happy with pretty much any kind of carry provision-- then congratulations to them. I want a QUALITY concealed carry law in Wisconsin, preferably Constitutional Carry. This can be accomplished easily with the repeal or modification of a handful of statutes and without cost to taxpayers and without imposing an extra burden on state or local agencies.

Very Well Said

LR Yote

apjonas

A Little Research Shows that Bills

in 2003 were introduced in July 22 and died on February 03, 2004
in 2005 were introduced in October 24 and died on January 31, 2006
in 2007 were not introduced
in 2009 were not introduced

So it appears that everybody is a little impatient by historical standards, especially considering the unusual special session that occured. If all goes well the bill would be ready for the governor's signature sometime after New Year's 2012. Of course SoS Doug ("Gilligan*")LaFollette may decide it's not to his liking and refuse to name the day of publishing, confident that Judge Mary Ann (or Ginger?) will declare it is not law.

*There is a resemblance. Check out the photo at http://www.sos.state.wi.us/

I'm working on a theme song

Just sit right back and you hear a tale, a tale of a carry bill
That was blocked by Doug and Mary Ann, a pair of Demo shills....

Last edited: