Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to miss about the current car carry laws?

McX

What are you going to miss about the current car carry laws?

Let's have some fun here. your welcome to be serious, or sarcastic, a diversion from your day. i'll start: after yoinkin my case out, dropping the top, i'll miss smackin that mag. home, and the feeling of relief that comes with it, as i toss the case back into the car, with indifference. I guess i could say i will also miss the time and money i spent to get my car case just so. your turn.

I am gonna miss being a target and having my rights infringed.....What will I have to complain about then?????

I'm going to miss the smug "I gotcha" look of the agents of the Department of Never-ending Regulations when they see someone (as in otherwise legal hunter) lean a loaded rifle/shotgun against the side of a vehicle. What a terrible crime against the denizens of the animal kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Let's have some fun here. your welcome to be serious, or sarcastic, a diversion from your day. i'll start: after yoinkin my case out, dropping the top, i'll miss smackin that mag. home, and the feeling of relief that comes with it, as i toss the case back into the car, with indifference. I guess i could say i will also miss the time and money i spent to get my car case just so. your turn.
    Interesting thread. Very happy to see you carry with one in the tube.

I sure would not miss the return part of open carry. You take your mag out, unload the gun, and return it to it's home. All the time every thug in the lot is watching, and now know that you do not have a loaded gun. An unloaded gun in public is just asking to be stolen. I hate the dumb azz law...

Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post
    I am gonna miss being a target and having my rights infringed.....What will I have to complain about then?????
    Oh, don't worry about that one. I am very sure that a change in any law will not stop the bad cops we have from the bad things that we see... No bashing, I just think bad cops will not change...

What are you going to miss about the current car carry laws?

Ok...I will be serious......NOTHING.....

Outdoorsman1

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    The controversy of whether the firearm is within reach concealed knowing that it's there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Absolutely nothing!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I am gonna miss the CLICK CLACK sound of the slide being racked.

I really do love that sound....I guess I am a sick bugger.

Oh, and trying to make a game out catching the round that was ejected.
    Just like they do on T.V.

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 04-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    I am gonna miss the CLICK CLACK sound of the slide being racked.

I really do love that sound....I guess I am a sick bugger.

Oh, and trying to make a game out catching the round that was ejected.
    Just like they do on T.V.

LR Yote
    Aahhhhhh... The slide being racked sound....maybe i will miss that....

Ouddorsman1

you guys all say you'll miss the slide rack sound, the CLICK CLACK, as it were.

I guess I'll just miss the CLACK then, since I got in the habit of locking the slide back on an emtpy handgun, then putting the mag in and just giving the rear serations the ol' two finger tug.

I've worn out six guns loading and un-loading 37 times a day. That doesn't even count the ammo...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

I am going to miss some of you guys as I fear that after WI gets concealed carry, hopefully via Constitutional Carry, some of you may think the fight is over. (IT WILL NOT BE!)
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

McX
    i got one!: i'm going to miss my ouija board gun case in the truck. bench seat, take a hard left, and the case slides over all the way to the passenger door. then i have to go hunting for a hard right to ouija that sucker back over by me.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Being a defenselss target.

I will miss making bank deposits from my business late at night and not having any way to properly defend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I am going to miss some of you guys as I fear that after WI gets concealed carry, hopefully via Constitutional Carry, some of you may think the fight is over. (IT WILL NOT BE!)
    The fight will never be over because the liberals want to infringe on every right they possibly can.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Did I miss something and a law was ramrodded through??

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Did I miss something and a law was ramrodded through??
    Nothing passed yet. We are just talking about the inevitable passage of conceal/constitutional carry.

GEE I hope I don't forget what my 1911 looks like and hope she doesn't take me not handling her so often the wrong way .
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

I might just miss having to dump a cylinder full of ammo in my hand and wonder if I should stick them in my pocket or put them loose, in the gun case... or maybe I won't miss that!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    GEE I hope I don't forget what my 1911 looks like and hope she doesn't take me not handling her so often the wrong way .
    Ya got a good point there....

I just might have to weld up a roll bar rifle rack for the Jeep and a "truck rifle".

Would a Ma Duece be too much ???

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Getting the cart before the horse here, but I will not miss a damn thing. I will still hang out with you guys though. You'd miss me.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i got one!: i'm going to miss my ouija board gun case in the truck. bench seat, take a hard left, and the case slides over all the way to the passenger door. then i have to go hunting for a hard right to ouija that sucker back over by me.
    Can't wait to see the sales add for your truck, you are going to have to write "Enthusiasticly driven" to the description.

McX
    For Sale (fake ad): 02 (T-)REXcursion, V-10, SuperDuty, the biggest dinosaur known to man, eats 3 Raptors per mile, owned by a little old Open Carrier who only drove it to Open Carry meets. Nice interior, can hold alot of people, and guns. Will need new front tires- several Hondas still stuck in the tread. Serious inquireries only.
    Last edited by McX; 04-12-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add ins

Well, my hopes are that I will be able to carry like I did when I lived in Montana. Get in the car and put my side arm and smokes into the center console. There is just something about putting a loaded gun in the center console that makes me happy.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Well, my hopes are that I will be able to carry like I did when I lived in Montana. Get in the car and put my side arm and smokes into the center console. There is just something about putting a loaded gun in the center console that makes me happy.
    it does sound satisfiying ( imay have to try that sometime after it is legal of course) i was thinking about making a permanent dash holster pull it out of my carry holster and straight into the one on the dash always there and within reach and securely in place
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 04-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast