• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you going to miss about the current car carry laws?

oak1971

Getting the cart before the horse here, but I will not miss a damn thing. I will still hang out with you guys though. You'd miss me. :p

nevinsb

i got one!: i'm going to miss my ouija board gun case in the truck. bench seat, take a hard left, and the case slides over all the way to the passenger door. then i have to go hunting for a hard right to ouija that sucker back over by me.

Can't wait to see the sales add for your truck, you are going to have to write "Enthusiasticly driven" to the description.

M

McX

For Sale (fake ad): 02 (T-)REXcursion, V-10, SuperDuty, the biggest dinosaur known to man, eats 3 Raptors per mile, owned by a little old Open Carrier who only drove it to Open Carry meets. Nice interior, can hold alot of people, and guns. Will need new front tires- several Hondas still stuck in the tread. Serious inquireries only.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Well, my hopes are that I will be able to carry like I did when I lived in Montana. Get in the car and put my side arm and smokes into the center console. There is just something about putting a loaded gun in the center console that makes me happy.

oliverclotheshoff

Well, my hopes are that I will be able to carry like I did when I lived in Montana. Get in the car and put my side arm and smokes into the center console. There is just something about putting a loaded gun in the center console that makes me happy.

it does sound satisfiying ( imay have to try that sometime after it is legal of course) i was thinking about making a permanent dash holster pull it out of my carry holster and straight into the one on the dash always there and within reach and securely in place

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

I always put outgrew cause it was quick access and I didn't have to end up staring down the barrel of some trigger happy cops side arm if he saw it.

M

McX

i'm going to miss carrying my gun case around like an old Lady with a handbag.

Outdoorsman1

I might just miss having to dump a cylinder full of ammo in my hand and wonder if I should stick them in my pocket or put them loose, in the gun case... or maybe I won't miss that!

When I carry my wheel gun, I use a small zip loc style baggie for the ammo... the kind with the plastic slide grip to make it easier (quicker) to dump the rounds into the baggie, slide shut, and then baggie into the gun case...same in reverse for loading.....

I will miss scanning my surroundings to confirm all ok before I start to load or unload my weapon.... NOT.....

Outdoorsman1

M

McX

When I carry my wheel gun, I use a small zip loc style baggie for the ammo... the kind with the plastic slide grip to make it easier (quicker) to dump the rounds into the baggie, slide shut, and then baggie into the gun case...same in reverse for loading.....

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, fresh and delicious, and no freezer burn!

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, fresh and delicious, and no freezer burn!

yep... not to mention the fond memories of back in the day......

Outdoorsman1

M

McX

yep... not to mention the fond memories of back in the day......

Outdoorsman1

i think were all getting too damn old! back in the day is a part of our regular vocabulary! i swear, the economy gets much worse, i'm going to have to start accepting Confederate dollars at the shop, as the dollars now aint worth crap. Back in the day we could get penny candy for a penny!

M

McX

Oppps... sorry I was not more specific... I meant..back in the day....yesterday....

ok...not really....

Outdoorsman1

smart mouth young-un. i smack ya, but i'm late for my nap. got any geritol on you i could shoot up?
we'll settle this the next time were at Lizzys- walker races, grease up them rollers kid.

Last edited:
M

McX

well, i'd like to hang out here longer, but as you can see by my avitar, i am a buisy man, i must return to Washington to speak to President Lincoln about the progress of the war.

LR Yote 312

i think were all getting too damn old! back in the day is a part of our regular vocabulary! i swear, the economy gets much worse, i'm going to have to start accepting Confederate dollars at the shop, as the dollars now aint worth crap. Back in the day we could get penny candy for a penny!

Considering what an 1864 Jefferson Davis $50 note (PMG Choice AU 55 w/ EPQ) is goin for....

Yeah,thats a no brainer....Hell,even a $10 note in XF condition is commanding 4x face value.

At this rate Monopoly Money is worth more than our money.

I keep all my geritol in zip loc baggies...

Outdoorsman1

Man,thats gotta be a B+tch when the some timers kicks in...
Ammo in a baggie...Geritol in a baggie.

Puts a whole new meaning to the term "Biting the Bullet"

Dont take this personal...but I would suggest leaving any kind of suppository in its
original package.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

"suppository"...????

"There was a point?.....

Yea something about...." What are you going to miss about the current car carry laws?"

Can't remeber exactly........must be gettin old....

Outdoorsman1