• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you going to miss about the current car carry laws?

M

McX

Let's have some fun here. your welcome to be serious, or sarcastic, a diversion from your day. i'll start: after yoinkin my case out, dropping the top, i'll miss smackin that mag. home, and the feeling of relief that comes with it, as i toss the case back into the car, with indifference. I guess i could say i will also miss the time and money i spent to get my car case just so. your turn.

civilwarguy

I am gonna miss being a target and having my rights infringed.....What will I have to complain about then?????

Big Dipper

I'm going to miss the smug "I gotcha" look of the agents of the Department of Never-ending Regulations when they see someone (as in otherwise legal hunter) lean a loaded rifle/shotgun against the side of a vehicle. What a terrible crime against the denizens of the animal kingdom!

AaronS

Let's have some fun here. your welcome to be serious, or sarcastic, a diversion from your day. i'll start: after yoinkin my case out, dropping the top, i'll miss smackin that mag. home, and the feeling of relief that comes with it, as i toss the case back into the car, with indifference. I guess i could say i will also miss the time and money i spent to get my car case just so. your turn.

Interesting thread. Very happy to see you carry with one in the tube.

I sure would not miss the return part of open carry. You take your mag out, unload the gun, and return it to it's home. All the time every thug in the lot is watching, and now know that you do not have a loaded gun. An unloaded gun in public is just asking to be stolen. I hate the dumb azz law...

I am gonna miss being a target and having my rights infringed.....What will I have to complain about then?????

Oh, don't worry about that one. I am very sure that a change in any law will not stop the bad cops we have from the bad things that we see... No bashing, I just think bad cops will not change...

LR Yote 312

I am gonna miss the CLICK CLACK sound of the slide being racked.

I really do love that sound....I guess I am a sick bugger.

Oh, and trying to make a game out catching the round that was ejected.
Just like they do on T.V.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I am gonna miss the CLICK CLACK sound of the slide being racked.

I really do love that sound....I guess I am a sick bugger.

Oh, and trying to make a game out catching the round that was ejected.
Just like they do on T.V.

LR Yote

Aahhhhhh... The slide being racked sound....maybe i will miss that....

Ouddorsman1

SIGdude

you guys all say you'll miss the slide rack sound, the CLICK CLACK, as it were.

I guess I'll just miss the CLACK then, since I got in the habit of locking the slide back on an emtpy handgun, then putting the mag in and just giving the rear serations the ol' two finger tug.

jpm84092

I am going to miss some of you guys as I fear that after WI gets concealed carry, hopefully via Constitutional Carry, some of you may think the fight is over. (IT WILL NOT BE!)

M

McX

i got one!: i'm going to miss my ouija board gun case in the truck. bench seat, take a hard left, and the case slides over all the way to the passenger door. then i have to go hunting for a hard right to ouija that sucker back over by me.

protias

I am going to miss some of you guys as I fear that after WI gets concealed carry, hopefully via Constitutional Carry, some of you may think the fight is over. (IT WILL NOT BE!)
The fight will never be over because the liberals want to infringe on every right they possibly can.

littlewolf

GEE I hope I don't forget what my 1911 looks like and hope she doesn't take me not handling her so often the wrong way .

Krusty

I might just miss having to dump a cylinder full of ammo in my hand and wonder if I should stick them in my pocket or put them loose, in the gun case... or maybe I won't miss that!

LR Yote 312

GEE I hope I don't forget what my 1911 looks like and hope she doesn't take me not handling her so often the wrong way .

Ya got a good point there....

I just might have to weld up a roll bar rifle rack for the Jeep and a "truck rifle".

Would a Ma Duece be too much ???

LR Yote