• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jarody

boyscout399

Please, if you will sir, in the King's English.

What are you trying to say?

They had a public hearing on several firearms bills in Augusta today. Jerody gave public testimony on several of them. He did a great job making some great points through stories of a bicycle trip yesterday in which it got chilly in the afternoon and he had to put a sweatshirt on and he was constantly worried about his OC firearm getting concealed which is silly. He also made points that when his friends give him rides he has to unload his firearm to get into the vehicle creating a potentially hazardous condition.

I didn't attend the public hearing today unfortunately for medical reasons. I wanted to go so bad, but I was incapable. I listened to it though and it went well in my opinion.

As to Maine CWP Trainings post, just put a period after well. Two sentences. Jerody did well. The workshop should bear more fruit (workshop scheduled Friday)

Last edited:

Jarody

Thanks everyone.
I was speaking about a bicycle boyscout 399, not a motorcycle.

I believe there will be divided committee reports on most of the bills.

boyscout399

Thanks everyone.
I was speaking about a bicycle boyscout 399, not a motorcycle.

I believe there will be divided committee reports on most of the bills.

Thanks for the correction. I'll fix my post. My bad :)

Why do you think they will be divided? How many congressmen/senators were on the committee? Most of the questions they asked seemed to lean pro gun.

Jarody

Senator Stan Gerzofsky's (D-Cumberland) reputation concerning his views of firearms should be well known here.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/02/12/politics/acadia-gun-bill-prompts-lawmaker-to-vent/

“You know, Officer Greeley, I’ve seen as much horrible crime committed and as much violence as anybody at this table,” Gerzofsky scoffed. “I’ve got as many damned guns sitting at home as anybody at this table, and I’ll be damned if I have ever felt that I have to bring a gun with me anyplace.”
Gerzofsky later apologized for blowing up, but also added: “There are some places in this state where people should be able to take their families and enjoy their time knowing that nobody else has got a gun.”

Also Representative Anna D. Blodgett (D-Augusta) has a clear anti gun agenda.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2009...control-bills-in-maine-face-tough-challenges/
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4760
LD814, sponsored by State Representative Anna Blodgett (D-56), requires that a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check be performed by a federally licensed gun dealer prior to the sale or transfer of a firearm at a gun show. If passed, gun show promoters would be responsible for any failure to perform the required background check and would be subject to a fine of up to $10,000 for each occurrence. LD814 also requires gun show operators to post signs notifying attendees of the background check requirement. Gun owners selling an occasional firearm must be provided access to licensed dealers to perform the required background checks.
http://janus.state.me.us/legis/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?ID=280031541

KBCraig

Senator Stan Gerzofsky's (D-Cumberland) reputation concerning his views of firearms should be well known here.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/02/12/politics/acadia-gun-bill-prompts-lawmaker-to-vent/

“You know, Officer Greeley, I’ve seen as much horrible crime committed and as much violence as anybody at this table,” Gerzofsky scoffed. “I’ve got as many damned guns sitting at home as anybody at this table, and I’ll be damned if I have ever felt that I have to bring a gun with me anyplace.”
Cognitive dissonance, much?

Gerzofsky later apologized for blowing up, but also added: “There are some places in this state where people should be able to take their families and enjoy their time knowing that nobody else has got a gun.”
"Not knowing that someone else has a gun" does not equal "knowing that nobody else has got a gun".

I wonder how he thinks they will know noone else has a gun.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate

"Not knowing that someone else has a gun" does not equal "knowing that nobody else has got a gun".

It's the feel good crap the anti's always pull... if it's illegal obviously NOBODY would ever dream about breaking the law! What kind of a society would we be if we had social deviants to contend with?!

Gunslinger

I always feel good while carrying if I know no one else has a gun. This guy is a d***, but what's new? Another pos democrap. I love Maine, but you need to continue what you started in the last election in the next. And pass a law that MAssholes can visit, but not move there. Or CT or NY drones, for that matter. Now if we could only deport the Kalifornia transplants here in CO...