• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BREAKING: Gregoire signs suppressor bill!

Tawnos

I feel strongly both ways...

What other way besides happy?

Next step: repeal federal tax stamp and similar laws, so it's much easier to possess in accordance with federal law. Also, stop by WCA with my trust and start paperwork process :)

amzbrady

What other way besides happy?

Next step: repeal federal tax stamp and similar laws, so it's much easier to possess in accordance with federal law. Also, stop by WCA with my trust and start paperwork process :)

I see the good and bad in this.

Pro's - There are so many that it would take pages to list. Although my personal favorite will be, My ears hurt while shooting and I hate wearing ear protection, and my wife absolutly hates being around my pistols because of how loud they are. Anything to make a family shoot more fun, makes me all for it.

Con's - Not being able to limit them to a mentality level, Stupid people will also be able to own them. This means some will be stolen from homes and cars and used by criminals who normally were not creative enough to get them on the black market.
This will also reduce the warning noise that allowed some of the smarter hikers to walk the other way from the sound of gunfire.

Gotta take the good with the bad, one less thing regulated by the govt is a win in my books.

Tawnos

I see the good and bad in this.

Pro's - There are so many that it would take pages to list. Although my personal favorite will be, My ears hurt while shooting and I hate wearing ear protection, and my wife absolutly hates being around my pistols because of how loud they are. Anything to make a family shoot more fun, makes me all for it.

Con's - Not being able to limit them to a mentality level, Stupid people will also be able to own them. This means some will be stolen from homes and cars and used by criminals who normally were not creative enough to get them on the black market.
This will also reduce the warning noise that allowed some of the smarter hikers to walk the other way from the sound of gunfire.

Gotta take the good with the bad, one less thing regulated by the govt is a win in my books.

Still not seeing the cons... You do know that stupid people were already able to own them, right?

Dave_pro2a

You make an excellent point!

director_kerlikoske.jpg

:D

Agent 47

This changes absolutely nothing on who can own them.. Stupid people have allways been able to buy them the only thing that has changed is all the stupid people who baught them over the past decades can now legally use them .

sirpuma

Not only were stupid people already able to own them but likely use them illegally. Also, criminals commit crime, that is the definition of their name. They wouldn't have avoided stealing suppressors because they were illegal to use and they're not going to suddenly start stealing them because they will so be legal.

The only thing I will see changing because of this law is that people won't have to hide when they use them anymore (or go out of state) and suppressor sales will climb a little.

I have avoided getting one not just because of the costs involved but because whats the point in owning something you can't use. Now that they will be legal to actually use I only need to save up the money.

hermannr

A am amazed That someone on a forum that is for the freedom of open carry would call some people "stupid", and because of that stupidity would not qualify to exercise their own personal freedoms.

I would be ashamed to associate with egotistical people that think the are smarter than the average Joe.

Shame on you for even thinking that. That philosophy is exactly why we have gun control laws. You sound Just like that donkey's behind George, on top shot. You have no concept of freedom do you?

Last edited:

Agent 47

Aw, no whisper quite silencers? That's the only reason I would want one, is to make my pistol quite enough so I wouldnt have to wear ear protection while firing. If they can do that, they are of no use to me.

Actually the only silencers I ever use ear protection in adition to the silencer are the ones on my high powered rifles. the ones on my handguns are completely fine to use without hearing protection. Especially the .45acp and .22 as they are subsonic, the 9mm and .40 sw are much better with subsonic ammo than standard off the shelf supersonic.

DevinWKuska

A am amazed That someone on a forum that is for the freedom of open carry would call some people "stupid", and because of that stupidity would not qualify to exercise their own personal freedoms.

I would be ashamed to associate with egotistical people that think the are smarter than the average Joe.

Shame on you for even thinking that. That philosophy is exactly why we have gun control laws. You sound Just like that donkey's behind George, on top shot. You have no concept of freedom do you?

I think the referance to "Stupid" was directed at the people who own guns and shouldn't. For instance the recent shootings with guns that were "legally" purchased because said person was unstable but "slipped through the cracks." I could be wrong but I didnt get the feeling it was an elitest comment. But I suppose the only way to know is to get poster to rephrase his thoughts... hermannr?

Aw, no whisper quite silencers? That's the only reason I would want one, is to make my pistol quite enough so I wouldnt have to wear ear protection while firing. If they can do that, they are of no use to me.

First of all I hope you dont think suppressors do like in the movies, this very unrealistic. Suppressors in general are made to reduce recoil, and bring the audibles down to a safer level. However the .22 will be closest to the "whisper" quiet you speak of, but its more like hearing a pellet gun go off then whisper. Dang hollywood for lying to us all!!!

Also consider for those of us who dont live in a super rural area. If gun ranges could be moved closer to, or into inner metro areas but require suppressors... would make life very nice for some of us. Also I think even some rural shooting ranges could benefit from requiring suppressors to limit annoyance to surrounding community(a good neighbor, and a good business so to speak). I know in england alot of shooting ranges dont require suppressors but if you dont shoot with one on, its considered rude. But then again... in england its hard to own even a .22

Last edited:

amlevin

Very quiet....

rubber-band-gun.jpg

+1
Brady bunch approved lol

Beware! If someone introduces a "High Capacity Rubber Band Wheel" they'll try and ban these too.

BTW, these "guns" are great to train an unruly cat that likes to "whiz" on places they shouldn't. A couple of shots from these and they usually get the message. If not, then there's always "Honest honey, I haven't seen the cat in several days now and I have no idea where he is. Maybe a coyote got him:)."