• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I got a few questions

Kentucky Handloader

Ok so I became a member and fell off with the whole going to college deal any way summer is approaching and I don't have class and was thinking of buying a NAA 22 belt buckle revolver. Is it counted as open carry to carry the pistol in a belt buckle.

Secondly a buddy was telling me today that in a while we will be able to carry firarms anywhere in a vehicle so long as it is in an enclosed area. Could some one please point out the bill of which he maybe refering to?

CharleyCherokee

UnfetteredMight

Ok so I became a member and fell off with the whole going to college deal any way summer is approaching and I don't have class and was thinking of buying a NAA 22 belt buckle revolver. Is it counted as open carry to carry the pistol in a belt buckle.

Secondly a buddy was telling me today that in a while we will be able to carry firarms anywhere in a vehicle so long as it is in an enclosed area. Could some one please point out the bill of which he maybe refering to?

Well, I would think by the letter of the law, yes that would be open carry. Concealed by definition means "To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered", so if the item is readily identifiable as a firearm, then I think it would be within the confines of the law.

However, IANAL. Best to get the opinions of some others here.

Here is a picture of one for others here.
naa_belt_buckle_gun2_closefrt.gif

I think its cool and now I want one.

Last edited:

neuroblades

I would have to agree with you, this would be OC carry UNLESS the shirt "happens" to slightly untuck and cover it or you happen to forget wearing it due to it's small size and then put a jacket on that conceals it.. Personally, there's no way that I'd ve caught carrying it UNLESS I had a CDWL, just in case.

Just saying, if you do get this and actually wear it, BE SUPER CAREFUL & WELL AWARE!!

Last edited:

useyourbow

The crack head is going to be awful made at you if you pull out and shoot him with that
little thing. :monkey

I agree with neuroblades, if your shirt becomes untucked or you make one to many trips to the buffet you are now carrying concealed.

robin.kevin

The crack head is going to be awful made at you if you pull out and shoot him with that little thing. :monkey

I disagree with that comment... .22 is responsible for more firearm deaths than any other. Also I am a firm believer in any gun is better then no gun.

No far as your question yes that is consider open carry so long as you dont cover it with a shirt or jacket. Thats not to say that some boy scout cop wont give you a hard time about it. Remember most police officers know the law and even respect open carry. However their are some that have no business being on the force and the sight of a gun makes then pee them selves and they feel they need to try keeping you from exercising your rights.

On the carrying in a vehicle question I believe its HB 313 that you are thinking of which takes place 90 days after it passes which means around June it will be in effect. Still its always wise if stop by the police to inform them of the firearm and location.

Aknazer

I disagree with that comment... .22 is responsible for more firearm deaths than any other. Also I am a firm believer in any gun is better then no gun.

No far as your question yes that is consider open carry so long as you dont cover it with a shirt or jacket. Thats not to say that some boy scout cop wont give you a hard time about it. Remember most police officers know the law and even respect open carry. However their are some that have no business being on the force and the sight of a gun makes then pee them selves and they feel they need to try keeping you from exercising your rights.

On the carrying in a vehicle question I believe its HB 313 that you are thinking of which takes place 90 days after it passes which means around June it will be in effect. Still its always wise if stop by the police to inform them of the firearm and location.

But we should look at potential reasons for that. First is that they're cheap and plentiful. Second is that they generally have larger magazines and thus more rounds are likely to hit a target (since more lead was put out). Third is that a lot of these people shot are less likely to seek immediate care. And finally is the dynamics of the bullet itself. The round punctures and bounces around, causes small lacerations and punctures, and thus many internal wounds.

So yes the 22 might kill the most people, but unless you get lucky its unlikely to stop them when you need it most. And its kills could easily be attributed to how commonly its used and people waiting to get help. But I do agree with it being better than nothing.

neuroblades

The crack head is going to be awful made at you if you pull out and shoot him with that
little thing. :monkey

I agree with neuroblades, if your shirt becomes untucked or you make one to many trips to the buffet you are now carrying concealed.

Well, if he has his CDWL and it becomes visible there's no crime being committed there. It would only be a criminal issue if he doesn't have his CDWL and his shirt somehow ends up becoming untucked and happens to fall over it in any way. The issue here is either having a CDWL, just in case OR making darn well sure that the shirt stays tucked in the pants and DOES NOT become untucked if he doesn't have his CDWL.

useyourbow

Where did you get those statisics? The statement was in reference to the stopping power or at least the ability of the cartridge to alter the attack of an aggresser. I agree a gun is better than no gun but, thanks to Holloywood our soceity today beleives you can shoot someone with any gun and their entire insides will fly accross the room and push their torsal back through a closed door. The gun pictured is a novelty at best.
Additionally, the dancing monkey was a pure indication of the intent of the post.:monkey

neuroblades

Well, while the .22 caliber definitely isn't a "man-stopper", it is definitely responsible for more than it's share of deaths. The death of victim of a .22 round is one of internal hemorrhaging with little initial pain.

Due to the speed and weight of the average .22 round, when it enters the body, torso region, it ends up ricocheting around the rib cage, ripping through the internal organs and doing massive damage. The victims generally end up bleeding out internally.

Granted this might not be the case for everyone that has fallen victim to a .22 round.

09jisaac

To help with the crack head problem:

You know those shops that you can have your name imprinted on a grain of rice? Have them write an apology note on the 2nd round. So if he gets angry at the 1st one send the next.