Thread: Charter Arms Undercover Lite

Charter Arms Undercover Lite

Ok so its kinda late as I was with my wife and she bought it already but... Charter Arms Undercover Lite... Your thoughts? Any of you owned a newer model? She bought the Undercover Lite because she likes that it isnt heavy, and she says the trigger pull is a breeze(oh and no slide for her to fight with). Here is a link of the one she bought...

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/06...38-undercover/

I like that its a ,38 caliber handgun and its a revolver(dont have to be concerned with her half cocking or misfeeds). She likes it based on weight, trigger pull, and of course its fashionable. Your insights, reviews, or thoughts are much appreciated. I have looked online for reviews and it seems to be 50/50. Nice thing is like Taurus its got a lifetime warranty.
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

They seem to look pretty nice. I am thinking of getting one as well. The average price looks decent. Let us know how it shoots once she goes to the range.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I will do that. ALthough I forgot she doesnt have a CPL yet. Thats my fault so we gotta do the silly wait game before she gets her mitts on it!
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

Seems a good choice. Am still considering one of their .44's someday.
    The important thing-regardless of make/model/caliber, etc. (despite what any brand fan-boys/fanatics will say) is that she finds what works for her,feels "right" in her hand, seems like something she can, and will want to practice with and master.

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    Seems a good choice. Am still considering one of their .44's someday.
    The important thing-regardless of make/model/caliber, etc. (despite what any brand fan-boys/fanatics will say) is that she finds what works for her,feels "right" in her hand, seems like something she can, and will want to practice with and master.
    We piked it up yesterday. I have to say I am surprised at this revolver. For being DA/SA the trigger is unusually smooth. I am no gunsmith but I would equate the DA trigger pull to slightly more then my glock 17. I have noticed no loose cylinder(seems to be most common gripe I have heard), and it spins like a champ! Tickled to see how it shoots. Also I know the website says 12oz... but man you have to hold one od these. Its so light its scary.

Back in the day when cops still carried wheelguns, I had a Charter Arms Undercover as a backup. It was solid and reliable...BUT...The recoil with self-defense loads is brisk and even with target loads it isn't a pussycat. I suspect that the "Lite" version will be even more of a handful. The larger size grips help, but your wife may still find it more than she bargained for. Hopefully not.