• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charter Arms Undercover Lite

DevinWKuska

Ok so its kinda late as I was with my wife and she bought it already but... Charter Arms Undercover Lite... Your thoughts? Any of you owned a newer model? She bought the Undercover Lite because she likes that it isnt heavy, and she says the trigger pull is a breeze(oh and no slide for her to fight with). Here is a link of the one she bought...

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/06/robert-farago/gun-review-charter-arms-38-undercover/

I like that its a ,38 caliber handgun and its a revolver(dont have to be concerned with her half cocking or misfeeds). She likes it based on weight, trigger pull, and of course its fashionable. Your insights, reviews, or thoughts are much appreciated. I have looked online for reviews and it seems to be 50/50. Nice thing is like Taurus its got a lifetime warranty.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
They seem to look pretty nice. I am thinking of getting one as well. The average price looks decent. Let us know how it shoots once she goes to the range.

DevinWKuska

I will do that. ALthough I forgot she doesnt have a CPL yet:banghead:. Thats my fault so we gotta do the silly wait game before she gets her mitts on it!

j4l

Seems a good choice. Am still considering one of their .44's someday.
The important thing-regardless of make/model/caliber, etc. (despite what any brand fan-boys/fanatics will say) is that she finds what works for her,feels "right" in her hand, seems like something she can, and will want to practice with and master.

DevinWKuska

Seems a good choice. Am still considering one of their .44's someday.
The important thing-regardless of make/model/caliber, etc. (despite what any brand fan-boys/fanatics will say) is that she finds what works for her,feels "right" in her hand, seems like something she can, and will want to practice with and master.

We piked it up yesterday. I have to say I am surprised at this revolver. For being DA/SA the trigger is unusually smooth. I am no gunsmith but I would equate the DA trigger pull to slightly more then my glock 17. I have noticed no loose cylinder(seems to be most common gripe I have heard), and it spins like a champ! Tickled to see how it shoots. Also I know the website says 12oz... but man you have to hold one od these. Its so light its scary.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
Back in the day when cops still carried wheelguns, I had a Charter Arms Undercover as a backup. It was solid and reliable...BUT...The recoil with self-defense loads is brisk and even with target loads it isn't a pussycat. I suspect that the "Lite" version will be even more of a handful. The larger size grips help, but your wife may still find it more than she bargained for. Hopefully not.