Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bradys are at it again!

The Bradys are at it again!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._lnk1%7C209533

Fiancee Of Giffords Shooting Victim Works Hill As Gun Control Group Releases Chilling New Ad

"The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence put out the new spot on Tuesday morning calling directly on President Obama to take a stand against high-capacity magazines -- the clip used by Jared Loughner, the alleged shooter of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and 19 others in Tucson."

"In conjunction with the ad’s release, the group is deploying a powerful new congressional liaison. Kelly O'Brien, fiancee of Gabe Zimmerman, the Giffords' staffer killed by Loughner, will be on the Hill Tuesday to endorse legislation sponsored by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) banning high-capacity magazines."

"O’Brien isn’t the only deliberately heart-tugging symbol of the new Brady campaign. The ad includes the silhouette of a young girl on a gunman’s printable, target practice sheet -- riddled, after 32 shots, with bullet holes in the heart and head."
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Just when you think they can't go any lower this happens . They have always been like vultures using the deaths of people to try and push their agenda since they have been reduced to irrelevance. Boehner said after the shooting no new gun legislature would be introduced so we'll see how well he keeps his word.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I don't know about the rest of you.........but that ad actually made me want to buy one.

Watching him send off those shots in rapid fire. I think it will have the exact opposite effect on people.

Keep the cool videos comin Brady!!

I'm not much for Glocks, but the Brady commercials for them have been very enticing. An inexpensive tough handgun that I can buy COTS magazines with 32 rd capacity sure sounds like it would be fun at the range, and if I bought two + a carbine kit I would have a pistol and carbine that take the same ammunition and magazines in up to 32 rd capacity... I'm almost ready for those terribly uncomfortable grips and flat out UGLY look of Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    I'm not much for Glocks, but the Brady commercials for them have been very enticing. An inexpensive tough handgun that I can buy COTS magazines with 32 rd capacity sure sounds like it would be fun at the range, and if I bought two + a carbine kit I would have a pistol and carbine that take the same ammunition and magazines in up to 32 rd capacity... I'm almost ready for those terribly uncomfortable grips and flat out UGLY look of Glocks.
    I don't like Glocks for a number of reasons either. But......I'm sure Biretta, S and W, and many other brands have some of those "Assault clips" you can buy.....AKA extended magazines.

I like how they scrapped the correct term in order to make the buy more enticing. From now on, I'm gonna put "Assault" in front of everything I try to sell on ebay.

+1 Assault tv stand: Must have for a gun enthusiast . Matchs your assault gun cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinchico View Post
    +1 Assault tv stand: Must have for a gun enthusiast . Matchs your assault gun cabinet
    But the ATF already confiscated my Assault TV. They said ONLY Law Enforcement or Military within the scope of their official duties should have the ability to change more than 32 channels in one minute. No law abidining citizen could possibly have a legitimate use for that.

They did say I could keep my "assault boxers" if I pay 200 dollars and put them on form 4.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper46 View Post
    but the atf already confiscated my assault tv. They said only law enforcement or military within the scope of their official duties should have the ability to change more than 32 channels in one minute. No law abidining citizen could possibly have a legitimate use for that.

They did say i could keep my "assault boxers" if i pay 200 dollars and put them on form 4.
    lmao!!!!!!
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

The Brady Campaigns logic continues in its never-ending quest to be illogical. They continually make arguments for gun control that are actually arguments for gun rights. Case in point: "If you can stand next to the President and not be safe from gun violence -- no one is safe." - Sarah Brady (from VCDL update 4/11/11)
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

McX
    it's the story of a bunch named brady,
    that were picking at the rights of the gun owners,
    all of them had pockets of gold, like one another, the youngest one make you hurl,
    it's the story of a bunch named brady............................

I like it, if I ever opened a winery I'd have to have an Assault Riesling. I need to get on this project fast though because if I could produce a large and tasty batch in 2015, years later people could talk about my AR15 being a good vintage.

Oh and what is an Assault clip and where does it go on a Glock? I know I need some Assault clips for my M14, I only have 5rd clips for it. Very annoying only being able to load 5 cartridges at a time into the magazine.

I like how they scrapped the correct term in order to make the buy more enticing. From now on, I'm gonna put "Assault" in front of everything I try to sell on ebay.
    LOL...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

They did say I could keep my "assault boxers" if I pay 200 dollars and put them on form 4.
    Is that because its an SBR?

Ba dum bump!
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Assault clips

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post

Assault clips
    Are you sure that looks scary or tacticool enough for assault clip? I was expecting maybe a bayonet or threaded nut on it somewhere...

Are you sure that looks scary or tacticool enough for assault clip? I was expecting maybe a bayonet or threaded nut on it somewhere...
    When I was 8 and my sister would "assault" me with clips like this, they hurted.. Good enough for me.

I'm off to the store to get some assault eggs before they are banned.

This troll post brought to you by N605TW.

Aren't they supposed to be black before you can call them "assault"?

How can anyone who tries to gain legitimacy and articulate their position be believed when their own ignorance is so blatant?

The antis don't need facts.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    When I was 8 and my sister would "assault" me with clips like this, they hurted.. Good enough for me.
    Sounds more assaulting than any other clips I can think of.

My Letter to the Brady Campaign

Newsclip: "The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence put out the new spot on Tuesday morning calling directly on President Obama to take a stand against high-capacity magazines -- the clip used by Jared Loughner, the alleged shooter of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and 19 others in Tucson."

My response: So, if while lawfully defending myself, family, and possibly others in my immediate vicinity against the likes of the next Loughner, I run out of my 10-round magazine while the next Loughner still has 22 more rounds to go, what then? Request a time out because it's against the law for him to have more than 10 rounds?

By the way, your group is infamous yet again: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...re-at-it-again!

PS: I'm a Virginia Tech graduate, as well as a retired military officer. Having carried firearms both on and off duty, openly and concealed, for the last twenty-two years, I can't help but wonder how many lives would have been saved had at least ONE person in Cho's vicinity been carrying a firearm.

What part of "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" do you folks not understand?

What part of the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that this right is an individual right, and not a collective right, do you not understand?

What aspect of the negative correlation between the carry of firearms by honest, law-abiding citizens and crime rates over the last 110 years do you not understand?

I went to college for several reasons, one of which was to learn science and engineering, including statistics, and the other was to learn how to think rationally, intelligently. I must have done something right, as I was able to retire at age 45 and embark on a second career. What I cannot understand is why your organization, bleeding with mindless, illogic rhetoric, is still in business. Evidently, what you lack in logic, rationality, and analytic skills, you make up in your ability to sway opinion based on emotional appeal. Sadly, that's all you're able to do.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

But the ATF already confiscated my Assault TV. They said ONLY Law Enforcement or Military within the scope of their official duties should have the ability to change more than 32 channels in one minute. No law abidining citizen could possibly have a legitimate use for that.

You must have not read the law that say that you can not have the assault Tv anywhere within reach of the assault tv stand. Remember you have to keep the two seperate

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    HaHa that is funny, I am going to start referring to everything that is in multiples as assault too. I think I am going to go to Costco today they have a multitude of Assault items.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinchico View Post
    You must have not read the law that say that you can not have the assault Tv anywhere within reach of the assault tv stand. Remember you have to keep the two seperate
    Hmm... I thought that was ok, much like having a firearm in it's holster. What I thought was prohibited is keeping your IR remote anywhere within line-of-site of the TV so as to prevent an untrained and therefore unlicensed TV operator from inadvertantly turning the set on or (gasp!) changing channels.

Are they still offering the additional and mandatory all-day $250 Parental Media Supervision class locally, or has that been rolled into the one-week, $1,000 mandatory, but comprehensive Home Media Management seminar offered in most state capitols? I heard they may roll the Cell Phone Safety class into the HMM seminar for just $250! Isn't that exciting? !!!

On a more serious note, what's next? Outlawing all forms of private conveyance because public and commercial transportation is safer? Special exemptions for members of local, county, state, and federal government, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    HaHa that is funny, I am going to start referring to everything that is in multiples as assault too. I think I am going to go to Costco today they have a multitude of Assault items.
    Ooops! I just bought a bought a 20-round assault AA battery pack from Walmart yesterday, and without a Class W (wimp) license! The BATF (Batteries, Assault Things, and Fools) is knocking at my door as I type this. They must have tapped my keyboard and were waiting outside as I slipped up and committed First Degree Duracell.

I am so toast...

Last edited by since9; 04-16-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

The Bradys obviously want us to carry the largest caliber, most lethal pistol we can. If I can't have more than 10 rounds, I'd much rather have a 45 than a 380. Since this is quite foreseeable, I assume it was intended.

People! - It is absolutely pointless to ask "bradys" the questions like "what part of shall not be infringed do you not understand" type of questions.

They DO understand. The do know what is the second amendment about. They are not stupid.

I am holding them as fully knowing, intelligent people.
    Which makes them simply ... evil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast