• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Bradys are at it again!

stuckinchico

But the ATF already confiscated my Assault TV. They said ONLY Law Enforcement or Military within the scope of their official duties should have the ability to change more than 32 channels in one minute. No law abidining citizen could possibly have a legitimate use for that.

They did say I could keep my "assault boxers" if I pay 200 dollars and put them on form 4.

You must have not read the law that say that you can not have the assault Tv anywhere within reach of the assault tv stand. Remember you have to keep the two seperate

sudden valley gunner

HaHa that is funny, I am going to start referring to everything that is in multiples as assault too. I think I am going to go to Costco today they have a multitude of Assault items.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You must have not read the law that say that you can not have the assault Tv anywhere within reach of the assault tv stand. Remember you have to keep the two seperate

Hmm... I thought that was ok, much like having a firearm in it's holster. What I thought was prohibited is keeping your IR remote anywhere within line-of-site of the TV so as to prevent an untrained and therefore unlicensed TV operator from inadvertantly turning the set on or (gasp!) changing channels.

Are they still offering the additional and mandatory all-day $250 Parental Media Supervision class locally, or has that been rolled into the one-week, $1,000 mandatory, but comprehensive Home Media Management seminar offered in most state capitols? I heard they may roll the Cell Phone Safety class into the HMM seminar for just $250! Isn't that exciting? !!!

:banana:

On a more serious note, what's next? Outlawing all forms of private conveyance because public and commercial transportation is safer? Special exemptions for members of local, county, state, and federal government, of course...

HaHa that is funny, I am going to start referring to everything that is in multiples as assault too. I think I am going to go to Costco today they have a multitude of Assault items.

Ooops! I just bought a bought a 20-round assault AA battery pack from Walmart yesterday, and without a Class W (wimp) license! The BATF (Batteries, Assault Things, and Fools) is knocking at my door as I type this. They must have tapped my keyboard and were waiting outside as I slipped up and committed First Degree Duracell.

I am so toast...

:cry:

Last edited:

randian

The Bradys obviously want us to carry the largest caliber, most lethal pistol we can. If I can't have more than 10 rounds, I'd much rather have a 45 than a 380. Since this is quite foreseeable, I assume it was intended.

Axctal

People! - It is absolutely pointless to ask "bradys" the questions like "what part of shall not be infringed do you not understand" type of questions.

They DO understand. The do know what is the second amendment about. They are not stupid.

I am holding them as fully knowing, intelligent people.
Which makes them simply ... evil.

riverrat10k

I have taken to sending an e-mail or letter to any local news that quotes these guys asking why the news group listens to a small, radical, fringe group.

Looking at their annual reports and federal form 990, their revenues in 2009 were 26% lower than in 2006. This is a combined number of the Brady Campaign and the Brady Center, two entities apparently. I was trying to ascertain membership by dividing revenues from dues by their minimum membership amount but could only find donate buttons on their site, no "membership".

Their federal 990 lists 28 employess and 500 volunteers. Helmke makes about a quarter million as president, and Sarah Brady about 140k as a director. Looks like they spend about a million a year to compensate the top ten earners, not including "other compensation" which is probably meals, hotels, travel, etc. and less than 100k total.

This is quick and dirty, so I hope I am not too far off here, as I am sure the groups would have no qualms in calling me or OCDO liars.

Edit: May be as many as 24 more employees at the other entity. 28 is listed for the Brady Center and 24 for the Brady Campaign. Form 990 is interesting in that it asks about affiliated organizations so some info is both entities form 990.
One of their reported expenses each year is to the Avalon Consulting Group. Interestingly, none of Avalon's fund raising managers list Brady in their bio's.

Last edited:

randian

Helmke makes about a quarter million as president, and Sarah Brady about 140k as a director. Looks like they spend about a million a year to compensate the top ten earners.
Not surprising, most lefty activist organizations are really grossly overpaid jobs programs for people with no useful skills other than political agitation. Their open-market value is certainly far less than these numbers.

Evil Tyler Durden

Crummy California the most unfair state in the uni
I don't know of any shops, ranges, online stores, or places at all that sell little girl silhouettes. Makes me wonder about the Brady campaign. I would say the Brady campaign is just like a Catholic priest. You know the priests molest little boys. The Brady campaign molests the minds of Lemmings who support their campaign.

Alexcabbie

Really, folks, is this such a surprise? The Brady Bunch is an "assault organization" and the only real "assault clips" are the clips of video they put in their ads.

Maybe someday they'll publish a periodical and have a proper "assault magazine".

You'd be surprised at the number of folks I meet in te course of driving my cab who, even though they are otherwise liberal-schmiberal, value the RTKBA.

I met one gentleman, a gay man who lives in a rather rough part of the city. He was adamantly anti-gun last year, even though he lives on the DelRay/Arlandria border and walks alone at night a lot.

I had him in the cab last week. Hadn't had him as a customer for almost a year. He had gotten jumped and beaten severely about a week after our last conversation. He showed me his Virginia concealed permit.

He still needs work, as he doesn't believe folks should be allowed to open-carry. The usual crap about it being provocative, etcetera.

But I'll take what victories I can manage.

Brion

I wonder where they got the guy that does the shooting in the add. I figure anyone with the Bradys, if they even touched a gun it would burn a hole in their hand.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I don't know of any shops, ranges, online stores, or places at all that sell little girl silhouettes. Makes me wonder about the Brady campaign. I would say the Brady campaign is just like a Catholic priest. You know the priests molest little boys. The Brady campaign molests the minds of Lemmings who support their campaign.

Your comment isn't funny.