Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick answer needed....what % of MN residents have a CC permit?

quick answer needed....what % of MN residents have a CC permit?

I wnat to include this in a letter im writing...want to use it as a rough comparison of what WI is going expect for CC holders...

~2%
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    ~2%
    Protias, he wasnt asking how much in percentage of the world's guns you own.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Protias, he wasnt asking how much in percentage of the world's guns you own.
    lol, I wish I had that many. And by the way GlockRDH, it is a permit to carry, not a CC permit. Their permits do not specify method of carry.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thanks Protias....! and Mcx

Thanks guys..i wanted to inclde that % in a letter to the legislators regarding how few people would get a permit, thus the cost to the state...

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Thanks guys..i wanted to inclde that % in a letter to the legislators regarding how few people would get a permit, thus the cost to the state...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...LLION-annually

That is one thread that deals with the cost savings. I could not find the one that talked about how much it would cost to implement a permit system.

GlockRDH:

Here are the percentages by state.

http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/2004/...ith-carry.html

This is the fiscal analysis that was prepared for the Illinois HB0148 personal protection Bill.

Fiscal Note (Illinois State Police)
    The fiscal impact for HB 148 is as follows: The Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) would need the additional personnel and equipment: three additional personnel and equipment required to assists sheriffs for prohibiting issues (approximately $200,000.00 salary/benefits funding required). Start up Costs (FOID Mainframe and database modifications) = $500,000; Application to apply development = $20,000; Annual Costs (3 personnel salary/benefits) = $200,000; Total Estimated Costs = $720,000.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    This is the fiscal analysis that was prepared for the Illinois HB0148 personal protection Bill.

The fiscal impact for HB 148 is as follows: The Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) would need the additional personnel and equipment: three additional personnel and equipment required to assists sheriffs for prohibiting issues (approximately $200,000.00 salary/benefits funding required). Start up Costs (FOID Mainframe and database modifications) = $500,000; Application to apply development = $20,000; Annual Costs (3 personnel salary/benefits) = $200,000; Total Estimated Costs = $720,000.
    me! me! i want a job! i get a nice pension too right? does this include a free FOID card?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    me! me! i want a job! i get a nice pension too right? does this include a free FOID card?
    Why on earth do you want a FIB card?

So he can legally open carry in Michigan. That's about the only thing it is "good" for.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    So he can legally open carry in Michigan. That's about the only thing it is "good" for.
    I know for a fact McX has a non-resident permit, which "qualifies" him for regulated MI OC.

McX
    I know for a fact McX has a non-resident permit, which "qualifies" him for regulated MI OC.
    well, i'll be damned, now i got a reason to go to Michigan.

though this will probably inflame some of the southern states, and i may be sanctioned for it, it is being said in the spirit of humor such as it is these days; i had planned to stop in Atlanta first, but havent any matches.
    Last edited by McX; 04-12-2011 at 04:20 PM.

In that case...

+1

I think the Wisconsin Attorney General charges 13 bucks for a firearm prohibited person background check. Add a couple bucks for you to be identified as eligible to carry on your driver's license and you're done.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

This might be useful information

http://www.madfi.org/permitcount.asp

Check out this thread
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...86#post1461786
    Using the last numbers rounded off, about 80,000 permits for about 5.3 Million people (Minnesota population) would be about 1.5% of the population has a carry permit. That means in a average demographically mixed crowd of 200 people, 3 people should be legally armed. This would not include any LE in attendance. Is that a good ratio of sheepdogs to sheep?

Spending all this cash for just 2%? Looks like more of the same.
    Government grows, and our pocketbooks shrink, again...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Spending all this cash for just 2%? Looks like more of the same.
    Government grows, and our pocketbooks shrink, again...
    I don't see any reason why any cost should be more than the AG background check charge. The data infrastructure is already in place.
    Last edited by Flipper; 04-13-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

The background check wouldnt even have to be done...YOU WOULD konw if youre legal to carry...the LEOs/DNR people can look up at anytime to see if youve been convicted of a felony and are prohibited from posessing a firearm...so, just carry!

GlockRDH:

Here are the percentages by state.

http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/2004/...ith-carry.html
    Those are 2004 numbers based on the date at the top of the page. A lot has happened in 7 years.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    The background check wouldnt even have to be done...YOU WOULD konw if youre legal to carry...the LEOs/DNR people can look up at anytime to see if youve been convicted of a felony and are prohibited from posessing a firearm...so, just carry!
    Now this idea will save us money for sure. I vote for it!

I think the percentages shown in 2004 are still pretty valid. The figure for Minnesota was .45%. Even if you increased that 10 fold to 4.5% it still would only be 250,000 out of a population of 5,000,000 people. That is part of the problem. Most politicians and certainly the anti's are of the opinion that people are going to flock enmasse to the local sheriff to purchase a carry permit. The figures speak otherwise. The cost of a permit system will be a permanent annual drain on the state budgt. There just won't be enough traffic to make it self-sustaining. After the initial surge annual growth diminishes rapidly. I suspect that is part of the reason some states have adopted constitutional carry. The cost of maintaining a shall issue permit system is too costly.

Just my opinion

Captian,

Very good point that should be made in support of Constitutional Carry.
    Last edited by Flipper; 04-13-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Those are 2004 numbers based on the date at the top of the page. A lot has happened in 7 years.
    If you look at this link it shows the yearly concealed carry permits for MN.

http://www.madfi.org/permitcount.asp

There are now over 3x the number of permits as was in 2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast