• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

quick answer needed....what % of MN residents have a CC permit?

protias

Protias, he wasnt asking how much in percentage of the world's guns you own.
lol, I wish I had that many. And by the way GlockRDH, it is a permit to carry, not a CC permit. Their permits do not specify method of carry.

protias

Captain Nemo

This is the fiscal analysis that was prepared for the Illinois HB0148 personal protection Bill.

Fiscal Note (Illinois State Police)
The fiscal impact for HB 148 is as follows: The Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) would need the additional personnel and equipment: three additional personnel and equipment required to assists sheriffs for prohibiting issues (approximately $200,000.00 salary/benefits funding required). Start up Costs (FOID Mainframe and database modifications) = $500,000; Application to apply development = $20,000; Annual Costs (3 personnel salary/benefits) = $200,000; Total Estimated Costs = $720,000.

M

McX

This is the fiscal analysis that was prepared for the Illinois HB0148 personal protection Bill.

The fiscal impact for HB 148 is as follows: The Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) would need the additional personnel and equipment: three additional personnel and equipment required to assists sheriffs for prohibiting issues (approximately $200,000.00 salary/benefits funding required). Start up Costs (FOID Mainframe and database modifications) = $500,000; Application to apply development = $20,000; Annual Costs (3 personnel salary/benefits) = $200,000; Total Estimated Costs = $720,000.

me! me! i want a job! i get a nice pension too right? does this include a free FOID card?

M

McX

I know for a fact McX has a non-resident permit, which "qualifies" him for regulated MI OC.

well, i'll be damned, now i got a reason to go to Michigan.

though this will probably inflame some of the southern states, and i may be sanctioned for it, it is being said in the spirit of humor such as it is these days; i had planned to stop in Atlanta first, but havent any matches.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I think the Wisconsin Attorney General charges 13 bucks for a firearm prohibited person background check. Add a couple bucks for you to be identified as eligible to carry on your driver's license and you're done.

phred

This might be useful information

http://www.madfi.org/permitcount.asp

Check out this thread
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...o-permit-Reality-check.&p=1461786#post1461786
Using the last numbers rounded off, about 80,000 permits for about 5.3 Million people (Minnesota population) would be about 1.5% of the population has a carry permit. That means in a average demographically mixed crowd of 200 people, 3 people should be legally armed. This would not include any LE in attendance. Is that a good ratio of sheepdogs to sheep?

AaronS

Spending all this cash for just 2%? Looks like more of the same.
Government grows, and our pocketbooks shrink, again...

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Spending all this cash for just 2%? Looks like more of the same.
Government grows, and our pocketbooks shrink, again...

I don't see any reason why any cost should be more than the AG background check charge. The data infrastructure is already in place.

Last edited:

GlockRDH

The background check wouldnt even have to be done...YOU WOULD konw if youre legal to carry...the LEOs/DNR people can look up at anytime to see if youve been convicted of a felony and are prohibited from posessing a firearm...so, just carry!