• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB144 Passes Committee 4-2

Firemark

The public safety committee just votes to see if the bill is worthy of being a "legitimate" bill to be voted on by the full legislature and congress. A sort of prescreening to make sure it fits the "public safety" requirements. And as most of the PS committee are hoplophbic party line democrats of course its given the stamp of approval to go to the house.

The next steps will include votes from the house and then the senate to see if it passes for the governors signature, but the bill may get ammended or altrered in the process, requiring revoting. With fewer Republicans in the state legislature this year, the likelihood of a sucessful stall or delaying tactic may not work this year (as it did last year), which means it will most likely go to JB's desk. The question then is can he be persuaded not to sign?

DooFster

OK - I fully understand now. I'm not too familiar with how the whole "law-signing" process works. I didn't do so well in Gov't class in HS. Thanks for the heads-up Firmark! :)

Gundude

A while back I put my name up for a test case, if we don't get shall issue from the lower courts or from SOCTUS, and if I am refused a CCW. I also want Alan Gura to handle my case. Who pays him to represent my case is still to be decided.

stuckinchico

A while back I put my name up for a test case, if we don't get shall issue from the lower courts or from SOCTUS, and if I am refused a CCW. I also want Alan Gura to handle my case. Who pays him to represent my case is still to be decided.

I think you can find an attorney who will work for what ever the court awards on this. Me personally I wouldnt know what to do with the money( except by machine guns to play with ):p Some attorneys might take this just to get their name out to the firearm community.

Gundude

I think you can find an attorney who will work for what ever the court awards on this. Me personally I wouldnt know what to do with the money( except by machine guns to play with ):p Some attorneys might take this just to get their name out to the firearm community.

Where my freedom is concerned, I don't want just any attorney. I want the BEST!

Firemark

I wonder if anyone will deliberately open carry if this passes just to get it thrown out in court

SO long as the bills' language doesnt change, if it passes, the day it goes into effect im sure every UOC'r in CA will immediately switch to shotgun/rifle carry.

Watch how fast the sheeple get scared then. Of course all those with AK's and AR builds will be slinging big black rifles around and that will get everybodys attention.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I wonder if anyone will deliberately open carry if this passes just to get it thrown out in court

SO long as the bills' language doesnt change, if it passes, the day it goes into effect im sure every UOC'r in CA will immediately switch to shotgun/rifle carry.

Watch how fast the sheeple get scared then. Of course all those with AK's and AR builds will be slinging big black rifles around and that will get everybodys attention.

What many are forgetting, is that the bill only prohibits unloaded firearms. So, in short- yes- there will still be open carry activity involving handguns.

The open carry of OLL or 'black rifles' is being strongly discouraged by the Calguns leadership- if this is heeded, there are other suitable arms to carry that will have as significant impact- such as shotguns, carbines, and other long guns. In my view, nothing will make a statement like a Mosin-Nagnt 91/30 with bayonet fixed- even unloaded, its a formidable weapon equivilent to a 6 foot spike. I also think that blades would also be suitable defensive weapons to protest with.

pullnshoot25

What many are forgetting, is that the bill only prohibits unloaded firearms. So, in short- yes- there will still be open carry activity involving handguns.

The open carry of OLL or 'black rifles' is being strongly discouraged by the Calguns leadership- if this is heeded, there are other suitable arms to carry that will have as significant impact- such as shotguns, carbines, and other long guns. In my view, nothing will make a statement like a Mosin-Nagnt 91/30 with bayonet fixed- even unloaded, its a formidable weapon equivilent to a 6 foot spike. I also think that blades would also be suitable defensive weapons to protest with.

The M91 will be even more formidable. :)

Firemark

And I am sure that every single rifle that is carried and filmed by the media will be designated by them and the brady campaign as an "Assault Weapon" because it cant possible be anything else...

I mean we have "Assault Clips" now, coming soon to your neighborhood Assault bore cleaners, Assault holsters, Assualt t shirts, Assault shaving cream, and Assault salt...

Last edited:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
OMG here we go again ....

Not yet has to be voted on by assembly then senate and then signed by the governor. There is still hope that we won't be forced to carry long guns.
First Lori Soldana now this Portano dude...we go through this annually since the UOC movement started in Cali...there have been huge strides on getting this UOC to be accepted by the public in general...but again we are up against the politicians who are trying to "Empire build" themselves ...last year everyone in San Diego county was under the impression that if this UOC was actually banned then we were all going to be issued CCW permits by Christmas.....that never happened...and although I have a very high end AR15 and tactical shotguns available for imminent deployment I don't feel that this is the answer....I know there are plans afoot to go for LOC which is what the Police Departments are allowed...I would like to see it being an option whether to LOC or Concealed Carry loaded....then again pigs may fly !!! Can't see anything being done by NRA or GOA (tried looking for any info concerning this ):uhoh: and a pitiful 830 signatures on a petition doesn't really add up to much. So UOC'ers where do we all go from here...you know that governor moonbeam will sign this into law as soon as it lands on his desk!!!! :uhoh: Carry on till its banned

Robin47

First Lori Soldana now this Portano dude...we go through this annually since the UOC movement started in Cali...there have been huge strides on getting this UOC to be accepted by the public in general...but again we are up against the politicians who are trying to "Empire build" themselves ...last year everyone in San Diego county was under the impression that if this UOC was actually banned then we were all going to be issued CCW permits by Christmas.....that never happened...and although I have a very high end AR15 and tactical shotguns available for imminent deployment I don't feel that this is the answer....I know there are plans afoot to go for LOC which is what the Police Departments are allowed...I would like to see it being an option whether to LOC or Concealed Carry loaded....then again pigs may fly !!! Can't see anything being done by NRA or GOA (tried looking for any info concerning this ):uhoh: and a pitiful 830 signatures on a petition doesn't really add up to much. So UOC'ers where do we all go from here...you know that governor moonbeam will sign this into law as soon as it lands on his desk!!!! :uhoh: Carry on till its banned

Where do we all go from here ? I'm thinking Arizona, or Nevada, even Oregon, let Kali sink into the
rogue criminal element its being tested for. Where by gangs and thugs rule, and not enough LEO's
to protect the people.
Then those who remain in Kali, and voted for the people they wanted in office will have just what they wanted.

Kaliofornia is a stacked deck ! Its sad :( Robin47

Aknazer

Could someone take the state to court for infringing on their rights by not allowing any form of firearm carry. Something along the lines of Heller or the Chicago cases.

Last edited:

Iopencarry

I seem to recall that the price tag for the Heller case was in excess of 6 mill. The McDonald case has not yet been released, that I know of, but my guess would be very close to or past the Heller case.

Last edited: