Thread: Announcement: Attorney Rachel Baird has been retained against Wallingford

Announcement: Attorney Rachel Baird has been retained against Wallingford

Fyi -

Quote Originally Posted by http://withregardstorights.org/post/2011/04/12/attorney-rachel-baird-retained-for-wallingford-false-arrest-case.aspx
    i have retained the services of attorney rachel baird (http://www.rachelbairdlaw.com/) who has agreed to pursue the case against the wallingford pd for my arrest on 5/16/2010. Attorney baird is a great attorney who has been working hard for our second amendment rights in connecticut for years now. She has been the attorney who has been making great progress on the goldberg and kuck cases, and my case will follow these cases in exposing misconduct and corruption with regards to our 2nd and 4th amendment rights in this state.

Obviously, this is an exciting development for this issue and for the issue of open carry rights in connecticut. Following Goldberg v. Glastonbury, these cases promise to shape opinion around not only open carry, but also around 4th amendment rights and police power in the state of connecticut.

This is going to be an expensive lawsuit. I am prepared and have already begun to personally finance this case. With how important this case is for other law abiding citizens in connecticut, i would appreciate if anybody who can do so would go to my donation page and make a donation towards this cause. We need to send a clear message to police and politicians in connecticut that we will not stand idly by when they violate our rights. Please remember that my costs will continue to mount for months and years as the federal civil system moves very slowly and wallingford is sure to drag this out for as long as they can. Please consider making a recurring donation for every week or month. Whatever you can spare, I would greatly appreciate.
    Last edited by Rich B; 04-12-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Fyi -
    It's funny that you should mention 'Wallingford'. I was at the gun show on Sunday morning, slurping on a cup of coffee, when a Wallingford PD sargent walked by. I asked him his views on open carry and the impact of the 'Rich Burgess Incident' last year.

He winced as if he got hit in the nuts as soon as 'Rich...' came out of my mouth.

All in all, he seemed to be an informed fellow but his reaction to your name was too funny!!

Good luck. I'm sure Wallingford really doesn't care whether or not they are sued thinking they are in the right..

What are you looking at for round one, 18 or so months?

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by MGoduto View Post
    Wallingford PD sargent
    Did you get a name?

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    I'm sure Wallingford really doesn't care whether or not they are sued thinking they are in the right..
    Wallingford PD's confidence in their misconduct is indeed sad.

What are you looking at for round one, 18 or so months?
    I am not sure there is any way to know. It will be a long time, that is for sure.

Question

Did you get a name?
    I think it was something like 'Cassaro' ??

He was a slender white guy, maybe in his forties.

He was a slender white guy, maybe in his forties.
    Don't recognize it. The ones I remember are Soukup, Colavolpe and Blithe.

Perhaps Cafasso?

Unhappy

Perhaps Cafasso?
    It probably is; my memory for names is getting worse as I get older....