• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Todays SB 234 Passed

Rick H

Todays SB 234 Passed without the new amendment that Bogdanoff proposed.

Bogandoff withdrew her amendment yahooooooo.
We need to thank all that supported this bill.
And also Thank Hammer for her support and opposed the amendment.
Boy oh boy didn't these cops fight

RRobaldo

SB 234 is ALREADY scheduled for the rules committee.

On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building --If Received
:banana::banana:

~*'Phoenix'*~

Heard the votes! Sweet about the Rules schedule. Glad it's so soon, they'll have a hard time amending it effectively by then... But with Neocon-RINO's backstabbing us at every stop, I'm guessing the sherriffs, retailers, and RINOs are having an all-night vigil to plot up their last all-out assault on freedom and reason Friday...

~*'Phoenix'*~

so now it go's to the rules committee & if it makes it through that then what????

Then they amend both 234/517 to read "All FL residents are hereby considered licensed (in accordance with the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act) to carry any firearms they can legally own, openly or concealed, in any location not otherwise prohibited by federal law; nothing herein shall prohibit anyone from storing any firearm he or she can legally own in the trunk or glovebox of any private conveyance they own or have a legal right to use; all private businesses (including but not limited to private colleges, universities, and techinical centers) shall be subject to a fine of upto $500,000 for having or attempting to enforce any institutional policy that would infringe upon any of these rights. This is to be construed liberally in favor of the law-abiding individual. Florida residents may purchase, sell, or trade long guns in any state as long as all parties involved meet all relevant federal laws and the laws of both states for private transfers" and send them to the full floor votes, followed by the governor's signature.
;)

Last edited:

Acrid Placidity

How hard will this be to deliver to the rules committee. I see it says “if received” on the rules committee’s agenda for Friday. Any idea on how the rules committee’s members are likely to vote. I see they are mostly Republicans which doesn’t mean much to me.

Dan

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Then they amend both 234/517 to read "All FL residents are hereby considered licensed (in accordance with the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act) to carry any firearms they can legally own, openly or concealed, in any location not otherwise prohibited by federal law; nothing herein shall prohibit anyone from storing any firearm he or she can legally own in the trunk or glovebox of any private conveyance they own or have a legal right to use; all private businesses (including but not limited to private colleges, universities, and techinical centers) shall be subject to a fine of upto $500,000 for having or attempting to enforce any institutional policy that would infringe upon any of these rights. This is to be construed liberally in favor of the law-abiding individual. Florida residents may purchase, sell, or trade long guns in any state as long as all parties involved meet all relevant federal laws and the laws of both states for private transfers" and send them to the full floor votes, followed by the governor's signature.
;)

Please run for office. :)