• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 Got Me to Join This Forum

BlackDobe

I've been glancing at this forum occasionally for quite a while but never joined until today when the only people that had a clue about what was going on today were the people in this forum.

I tried for hours today to get through to the Senate Judiciary Committee to no avail.

I see this as crunch time for this bill to pass the "Senate-bill-killers" and this is no time for sitting on the sidelines.

I'm all in on putting effort into this.

Glad you folks are here - good to meet you guys.

77zach

Welcome.

History in the making. Hopefully. I don't know if OC has ever been legalized after being completely illegal.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Me three!!

I had been keeping up with the law for a while, but hadn't joined until just a couple of days ago. The folks here really know their stuff, and I'm glad to be a member of such a brilliant group. As an attorney, I keep up with stuff, but some folks (like Ixtow, Rick7553, RickH, and Zach77--- sorry if I left a few out) keep up a whole lot more and possess more knowledge than those of us who do our best to keep up however we can. You know more than the lawyers, folks: take a bow.

And thank you for your wisdom and expertise,
Jesus Rodriguez, Esq.

Rich7553

I had been keeping up with the law for a while, but hadn't joined until just a couple of days ago. The folks here really know their stuff, and I'm glad to be a member of such a brilliant group. As an attorney, I keep up with stuff, but some folks (like Ixtow, Rick7553, RickH, and Zach77--- sorry if I left a few out) keep up a whole lot more and possess more knowledge than those of us who do our best to keep up however we can. You know more than the lawyers, folks: take a bow.

And thank you for your wisdom and expertise,
Jesus Rodriguez, Esq.

Thank you Jesus for your kind words. I must confess, although I have a fairly good idea of how the law SHOULD work, virtually everything I know about how law ACTUALLY does work comes from J. Patrick Buckley III, Esq. here in Fort Myers.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

Welcome to everyone new. Yeah, we'll need some shock troops, expecially on OC day 1.
It's all for nothing if noone's gonna actually OC, and the more who do, in a respectful, respectable way, the faster it'll be accepted as just a normal part of life.
We also need more shock troops for the last committee and floor votes; the sherriff's association, retailers association, and neocon-RINOs are going full-auto, b**ls-to-the-wall-last-stand (yeah, I love bada**oftheweek.com :p) against us at every single stop, and we need more voices to keep our representatives on the straight and narrow.
This things been getting backstabbed all over the place and it looks like it's on the way to a barely-squaking-by vote in the Senate, while in the House it's flying through with support from every Repub. and 1/3 of the Democrats too.
But yeah, watch for the alert and get ready to press the Rules committee with everything we've got!
I'm fairly sure Evers and company themselves will amend the wording to fix the restricted location loophole granted by the grammar :(, but I guess that's alright as long as it still passes.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Do we get to speak before the full Senate? How is it that in the committees it seems that almost nothing but anti's are given a chance to speak?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Do we get to speak before the full Senate? How is it that in the committees it seems that almost nothing but anti's are given a chance to speak?

Who is, "WE?" Go there before the committee and speak!

I don't know the process for getting into that for speaking, but I can't imagine it is that hard. Where does all this go down?

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

Because the state's paying the anti's and we're just second-class citizen volunteers?

~*'Phoenix'*~

The problem for me is that by the time I spent the money on gas to get to the committee to only be allowed my 1.5 cents (since they mostly don't let non-LEO's/businessmen put in even a full 2 cents), I wouldn't have enough money left to fill my carry gun with ammo. Meanwhile, they're using my tax money to pay LEO's and to fill their gas tanks to drive there and oppose my rights in the interest of 'public safety.'

Thus, sorry to say, I haven't looked into how I would go about doing so...

Last edited:

Cruizer

Me Four

I joined back in January, and have been quietly sending my emails out as information gets posted here in this forum. The knowledge and information gathered here has been phenomenal. Thank you all!!! :D

Rich7553

I'm asking, how does a worthless Citizen get the opportunity to speak?

First, no citizen is worthless. Undervalued, perhaps, but not worthless. All you have to do is be present before the committee starts and fill out a comment card. The comment card must contain your name, the bill and/or amendment you wish to comment on, and whether or not it is in favor or against the bill/amendment. That's pretty much it.

77zach

I think a bill is decided on before it gets to the floor, generally. If I were to speak, I'd say you should go to Rules. I know someone who spoke on the floor on a doctor/medical related bill and he said almost no one was even paying attention. Most senators were just having conversations with other people in the room. I don't know, maybe it was just bad luck for him.

sniper1

I think a bill is decided on before it gets to the floor, generally. If I were to speak, I'd say you should go to Rules. I know someone who spoke on the floor on a doctor/medical related bill and he said almost no one was even paying attention. Most senators were just having conversations with other people in the room. I don't know, maybe it was just bad luck for him.

I would have to agree. I have spent my fair share of time on capitol hill. By the time it hits the floor its all party lines and backroom deals. If you want to effect change, you need face time with senators and congressmen, in their offices. Don't settle for speaking with their aides either. Also, you better have something to offer in return for your support, i.e. campaign donations or large blocks of voters...