• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idahoans OC in Ontario, Oregon.

bushwacker

I am from texas and I open carry in oregon when making a run there, even in ontario had no problem. however, oregon is a preempted state ,but some localities may regulate that your carried weapon be unloaded. so you want to check what constitutes unloaded and if you will be in those localities

aadvark

Locals CAN Regulate Loaded Carry in Oregon, but such Regulations CANNOT Apply to or Effect License Holders.

eddallen1958

I have been wondering about this too. I live in Payette and have my Idaho CWL. I still need to get one for Oregon but want to open carry in Oregon until then. I was thinking about asking the police there just to see what they say. As far as the Oregon Statutes say, I can't find anything that indicates we can't carry there. However, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the laws are for open carry in car. If I get a info worth while from the police there, I will post it.

eddallen1958

I talked to the Ontario Police today. They told me open carry is open carry and that is fine in Ontario. They said if you have it in your car without a CCW it needs to be in plain view and unloaded. Other than that, Open Carry is fine.

Last edited:

nydar47

I talked to the Ontario Police today. They told me open carry is open carry and that is fine in Ontario. They said if you have it in your car without a CCW it needs to be in plain view and unloaded. Other than that, Open Carry is fine.

So walking down the sidewalk your ok, but driving you need to be disarmed.
I called the city attorney
Larry Sullivan 280 A Street East
Vale, OR 97918
Office: (541)473-3141

talked to his Secretary last week, she put into voice mail and that was the last I heard.

eddallen1958

So walking down the sidewalk your ok, but driving you need to be disarmed.
I called the city attorney
Larry Sullivan 280 A Street East
Vale, OR 97918
Office: (541)473-3141

talked to his Secretary last week, she put into voice mail and that was the last I heard.

Right, they recognize the 2A rights. You can walk down the street with it. Go into any store with it, as long as they don't post no guns or ask you to leave. But when in your car it has to be in plain view and unloaded. If you want to carry loaded or concealed in your car, you need a CWP.

ISRAEL

Right, they recognize the 2A rights. You can walk down the street with it. Go into any store with it, as long as they don't post no guns or ask you to leave. But when in your car it has to be in plain view and unloaded. If you want to carry loaded or concealed in your car, you need a CWP.

Do Oregon gives C.W.P. to recidents of Idaho ? I travel to Yakima very often,and I travel from Boise to the Wash. border on the freeway, and I woukld like to O.C. my gun inside my car fully loaded whyle I am in Oregon, I have a C.W.P. from Wash.state and Idaho; Do I need to go to Ontario or Vale to apply for one ?, please help!!!!!!!.

eddallen1958

To get a CWP in Oregon, you need to go to Vale. You must have an appointment so don't just go there. Here is the person you want to contact: Kim Smith (541)473-5126. It will cost $65 for your Oregon CWP.