Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: They are at it again...

  1. #1
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    They are at it again...

    BTW they are not related to me...
    The Brady campaign to prevent gun ownership is at it again. They are trying to get Mag capacities reduced again. They claim 16 rounds in a mag are only good for one thing, killing... Evidently they havent had to load small mags during target practice. Besides they evidently havent seen someone drop a 10 round mag and load another in less than two seconds giving a shooter 20 rounds vs 16.
    Just another fight for them to lose. Problem really lies with not enough citizens carrying a firearm for personal protection. If Gifford would have had proper security and more private citizens would have been carrying there would have been about 4 shots fired and 1 dead. Tax dollars wouldnt be paying for a trial right now either.
    I would think if he walked up and saw 20 people standing around with a firearm strapped to their ass, he would have figured out something different to do that day.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...3_lnk1%7C55510

    Another BTW, they say a target is riddled with 32 shots, but count them I got 17, how bout you? Another lie in advertizing...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=62Va-Ll2vKw
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    They claim 16 rounds in a mag are only good for one thing, killing...

    [/URL]
    NO Sh!t Sherlock.....that is my response to people when they make these claims. Guns were not invented for hunting they were made to kill/injure people. And it bugs me to know end when even "pro-gun" politicians or "pro-gun" organizations tend to back inane stupid comments like this.

    If there is a home invasion, and a gang of 5 are invading your home, I don't think a 10 round magazine is going to save you. You are going to want all you can get....

    Oh yea and since the Second Amendment was to protect us from our government than I want as large and as many magazines as I can afford.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    NO Sh!t Sherlock.....that is my response to people when they make these claims. Guns were not invented for hunting they were made to kill/injure people. And it bugs me to know end when even "pro-gun" politicians or "pro-gun" organizations tend to back inane stupid comments like this.

    If there is a home invasion, and a gang of 5 are invading your home, I don't think a 10 round magazine is going to save you. You are going to want all you can get....

    Oh yea and since the Second Amendment was to protect us from our government than I want as large and as many magazines as I can afford.
    You've got it spot on. Not only that, but the federal government even argued for that view in US v. Miller.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  4. #4
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    [QUOTE=sudden valley gunner;1507589]NO Sh!t Sherlock.....that is my response to people when they make these claims. Guns were not invented for hunting they were made to kill/injure people. And it bugs me to know end when even "pro-gun" politicians or "pro-gun" organizations tend to back inane stupid comments like this.

    If there is a home invasion, and a gang of 5 are invading your home, I don't think a 10 round magazine is going to save you. You are going to want all you can get....

    Oh yea and since the Second Amendment was to protect us from our government than I want as large and as many magazines as I can afford.[/QUOTE]

    If they only knew...They would have written it so we could own tanks and scud missles.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  5. #5
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086
    They can ban all the clips they want.....


    .....As long as they don't ban magazines..

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    They can ban all the clips they want.....


    .....As long as they don't ban magazines..
    They can't ban 'magazines', free speech and all....
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    570
    LOL, I was just going to say, "oh, thank God they only care about my clips, they can have em. My magazines on the other hand....."

  8. #8
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    You've got it spot on. Not only that, but the federal government even argued for that view in US v. Miller.
    The irony in "Miller" was that he was a dead broke hillbilly moonshiner who was represented pro-bono before the Supreme Court. He didn't show up for the arguments and the Attorney decided he'd had enough.

    Where's the challenge to the decisions set forth in Miller that have given us so many more regulations? Where is the better funded challenger? The NRA? Pro-Gun Attorneys?

    Miller is an excellent example of why cases should be well chosen to take to the Supreme Court. Not just well selected, but well funded and backed. The results can be long lasting.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Winlock, , USA
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    The irony in "Miller" was that he was a dead broke hillbilly moonshiner who was represented pro-bono before the Supreme Court. He didn't show up for the arguments and the Attorney decided he'd had enough.
    Miller didn't show up because he was dead. He had been stabbed to death. No one argued Miller's case.

    The only thing the court said in Miller was they were not on notice that a short barreled shotgun had any militia use. Since there was no one to argue for Miller to say that they had been used in WWI with quite some effect, the court reversed and remanded back to the lower court. Since Miller was dead, no further action was taken.

    "In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

    Should that case appear before the courts again, I believe that they would undo the Miller decision, since every LEA (even the department of education) uses short barreled shotguns now days, so they obviously have a use...

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Oh yea and since the Second Amendment was to protect us from our government than I want as large and as many magazines as I can afford.

    Jolly good comment, "all enemys, foreign and domestic" this could be the reason for the ninety round drum for the AR (Oh No a high cap, the sky will fall)

  11. #11
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    Miller didn't show up because he was dead. He had been stabbed to death. No one argued Miller's case.

    The only thing the court said in Miller was they were not on notice that a short barreled shotgun had any militia use. Since there was no one to argue for Miller to say that they had been used in WWI with quite some effect, the court reversed and remanded back to the lower court. Since Miller was dead, no further action was taken.

    "In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

    Should that case appear before the courts again, I believe that they would undo the Miller decision, since every LEA (even the department of education) uses short barreled shotguns now days, so they obviously have a use...
    Not to mention all the other weapons that are widely used by a "Rifleman" in today's military. If all "crew served" weapons are excluded, and only those issued to a conventional rifle squad, there are a lot of new "Militia" weapons that would be allowed rather than on a banned NFA list.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    Miller didn't show up because he was dead. He had been stabbed to death. No one argued Miller's case.
    He wasn't found dead until after the case was remanded. In fact, he and Layton were originally going to plea guilty, but were told not to by the District judge. They had no representation, and when Jack Miller turned up dead in a lake, Layton plea bargained: http://www.commonsensethoughtcontrol...eading-miller/
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  13. #13
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    NO Sh!t Sherlock.....that is my response to people when they make these claims. Guns were not invented for hunting they were made to kill/injure people.
    Actually no... the purpose of a gun is to put rounds accurately on a target. The purpose of a knife is to cut a target. What that target is is entirely dependent upon the user.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    This is another way

    that is being attempted.
    http://www.reuters.c...E59E0Q920091015


    Any comment Dave Workman?

  15. #15
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    that is being attempted.
    http://www.reuters.c...E59E0Q920091015


    Any comment Dave Workman?
    Linkie no workie for me.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lolo, MT
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    that is being attempted.
    http://www.reuters.c...E59E0Q920091015


    Any comment Dave Workman?
    Dead link. I'd imagine it's the "...".

    EDIT: Damnit! Goose beat me to it.
    Last edited by therealcombat; 04-14-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    "If you don't want to be shorn, don't be sheep!"

  17. #17
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953

    Try this link

    A little searching and I found this

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...59E0Q920091015

    FWIW, this "Treaty" is supposed to only regulate the transfer of conventional weapons through import/export.

    The proposed legally binding treaty would tighten regulation of, and set international standards for, the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons.
    It's not designed to "confiscate" our weapons but to limit access by despot Dictators and terrorist organizations. The US is practicing this form of regulation already by refusing arms sales to certain countries.
    Last edited by amlevin; 04-14-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Auburn, Washington
    Posts
    13
    While on the topic of the Brady Campaign although slightly unrelated I was hoping to know if anyone here is familiar with Rebecca Peters? I have not heard much about her lately. I suppose it would be to much to hope that she has kicked the bucket.

  19. #19
    Regular Member fatalhubris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    renton wa
    Posts
    58
    anyone notice the target in the first link is a silhouette of a little girl with pig tales? subtle, sneaky and sick...

  20. #20
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalhubris View Post
    anyone notice the target in the first link is a silhouette of a little girl with pig tales? subtle, sneaky and sick...
    All the targets at the end resemble everyday people, no bin ladens, hostage situations, or zombies like in real life situations, like the ones we buy and practice with.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •