• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spooky.

Gunslinger

Or, Balvenie Double-Wood, or Glenfiddich Solera (aged in sherry barrels), or Glen Morangie Port finish, or Johnny Walker Gold Label, or McCallans, or...

Jeez. I should just move to Scotland.

:D

All scotch tastes like lighter fluid--or how I assume lighter fluid tastes, even single malt...my simple taste is Crown Royal. The $234 bottle if you're buying, Citizen...

SavageOne

Bacon + Chocolate + anything
... including ice cream.

Denny's actually has a Bacon and Maple sundae. I almost ordered it, but it was 3 in the morning and I was getting ready to go to bed, not sure if it would have set right(getting older truly sucks).

DevinWKuska

Let me guess.... the Husband is in the military and he just got back from deployment? I have heard this story 100 times... though I am not sure I would have stayed out of it. A guy hitting a female close fist deserves to mysteriously fall down face first onto the concrete and subdued until LEO's decide to show up.

MKEgal

My immediate past ex told me about an incident that happened while he was in basic training.
A group of guys were sitting around on the steps one night waiting to go to town.
One of their girlfriends showed up. She & the boyfriend got into a fight. He hit her.
Very very quickly after that he fell down.
Several times.
In fact, my (ex) BF launched himself from about 6 steps up & tackled the guy.
It took about 4 of them to help him to the CO's office because he fell down and hurt himself so often along the way. :rolleyes:
That's what they told the CO. I don't know what the unfortunate object of their attentions told him in private.
The girl was very grateful for the help, and the other guys told her that her guy was a lout and any of the rest of them would be better to her than he was. :lol:

Of course, the woman in the OP certainly helped create the bad situation, but they should've worked it out like adults, not apes.

I've told my boyfriends that they get one "oops".
One major, relationship-ending screw-up free.
One "I don't know what came over me, I'll never hurt you again"
or
"But honey, she kissed me"
or something along those lines.
The second time, we're done.
(And even with a free pass they'll have some serious re-earning of trust to do.)

Last edited:

Claytron

My immediate past ex told me about an incident that happened while he was in basic training.
A group of guys were sitting around on the steps one night waiting to go to town.
One of their girlfriends showed up. She & the boyfriend got into a fight. He hit her.
Very very quickly after that he fell down.
Several times.
In fact, my (ex) BF launched himself from about 6 steps up & tackled the guy.
It took about 4 of them to help him to the CO's office because he fell down and hurt himself so often along the way. :rolleyes:
That's what they told the CO. I don't know what the unfortunate object of their attentions told him in private.
The girl was very grateful for the help, and the other guys told her that her guy was a lout and any of the rest of them would be better to her than he was. :lol:

Of course, the woman in the OP certainly helped create the bad situation, but they should've worked it out like adults, not apes.

I've told my boyfriends that they get one "oops".
One major, relationship-ending screw-up free.
One "I don't know what came over me, I'll never hurt you again"
or
"But honey, she kissed me"
or something along those lines.
The second time, we're done.
(And even with a free pass they'll have some serious re-earning of trust to do.)

If someone cant refrain themselves from striking another person in the face for a simple argument, especially a loved one or spouse, that person isnt worth the time of day. If they do it once they will do it again, ask any therapist.

since9

Campaign Veteran
...they'll have some serious re-earning of trust to do.

I think that's the biggest problem with relationships today. Trust is never "earned." It's a gift. No one can cause another person to trust them. It can only be given, or not given.

I simply choose to give my trust to those who're worthy of it. If I don't trust them, it's not their fault; it's my choice.

In so doing, I remove the monkey from their back, and give him the boot completely off the Karpman drama triangle, thereby restoring sanity to myself, and hopefully spreading a little to others.

Blame games have no business in sane relationships.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think that's the biggest problem with relationships today. Trust is never "earned." It's a gift. No one can cause another person to trust them. It can only be given, or not given.

I simply choose to give my trust to those who're worthy of it. If I don't trust them, it's not their fault; it's my choice.

In so doing, I remove the monkey from their back, and give him the boot completely off the Karpman drama triangle, thereby restoring sanity to myself, and hopefully spreading a little to others.

Blame games have no business in sane relationships.

The motivation for removing trust can be precipitated by the actions of others.

To blindly trust (he won't do it again) is in itself a denial. Those that do not learn from past mistakes ................ Still in the end, yes each of us is responsible for our own decisions - trust or don't.

The problem with Karpman's triangle is that it is two dimensional - relationships are IMO more three dimensional. Not to go more OT on this here - it's a subject for another time.

Jack House

Last edited:

SFCRetired

No man, who is indeed a man and not just a life-support system for male appendages, hits a woman. I know I'm an old man and was brought up and taught by a man from another generation (WWI veteran), but I firmly believe that what he taught me still applies.

As far as the adult beverage and bacon goes: Glenfiddich and a slice of "Bacon Explosion"!