• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC while at the barber

Highline

that would make it concealed.

Yes, it would be concealed.... but I don't think you would be engaging in criminal conduct.

The actual act of concealing the pistol is not being executed by YOU... and in order to be held criminally liable for violating a law, YOU need to be the one who commits all the elements of an offense.

I say don't worry about it.

mjones

Concealed carry on private property = not illegal with permission

You need to look at PC 12025 through 12027 more closely...

at best you will be able to make the argument in court that its ok; there is no clear exemption for being 'given permission' to conceal.

Last edited:

mjones

Yes, it would be concealed.... but I don't think you would be engaging in criminal conduct.

The actual act of concealing the pistol is not being executed by YOU... and in order to be held criminally liable for violating a law, YOU need to be the one who commits all the elements of an offense.

I say don't worry about it.

WHO does the concealing is not an element of the crime with regard to carry on the person.

Highline

WHO does the concealing is not an element of the crime with regard to carry on the person.

Of course it is.

Say you're walking down the street and someone throws a blanket over you. Yeah, the gun is concealed,, but should be convicted?

hgreen

Who does the gun have to be concealed from in order to be illegal?
In a crowd at a mall or fair people may be so close that no one but you looking right down could see it, is that concealed?

If the barber knows you are armed and covers it themselves, it would seem that they are implicitly giving you permission to conceal carry on their property...

ryanburbridge

Just don't get your hair cut! We are gun nuts shouldn't we look the part?

I have gotten a few hair cuts while UOC. Your gun is still in a belt holster openly carried. I agree with HGreen.

Now walking down the street with one of those covers with hair clippers may not go over as well.

Also! If in doubt ask an actual lawyer! Every thing said here is our opinion and should not be taken as the law of the land.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto