• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Side Charlotte Crime

CarryHard

I live on the west side of Charlotte close to freedom drive area

2 murders within 200 yards of my house
over 215 police reports within half a mile of my house since the start of this year

These images are public domain from the Charlotte area collected from a social sharing website

http://www.slide.com/r/8k_zYKEY5T8LLSnUCxU6sgv76qIYiuO6
http://www.slide.com/r/vu4fZOwG1j_IwnzM2rHJGkPpcKXUT6H_

This is basically what i see on a daily basis when i go out
Trust me you do not want to be on the west side of Charlotte on ANY day.

And this is one of the reasons i am carrying my gun around the house & openly when i go out

calynn

I can only hope some of those booger hooks activate the bang switches while not exercising muzzle control... Gosh I'm glad I didn't end up at UNC-Charlotte :uhoh:

Last edited:
M

McX

i was going by and just had to stop and ask; Booger Hooks? har-har-har!

hotrod08

I live on the west side of Charlotte close to freedom drive area

I live off of exit 36 on 85, So I know what you mean.

No one understands why I carry around the house, but they sure as heck ask me to answer the door if its after dark.
HMMM

M

mattwestm

I can only hope some of those booger hooks activate the bang switches while not exercising muzzle control... Gosh I'm glad I didn't end up at UNC-Charlotte :uhoh:

You know, I almost went to UNCC too. I loved the campus and the atmosphere around campus. Plenty of fun stuff to do in Charlotte. They have a good Comp Sci program and a decent foreign language program. But you know the main reason I changed my mind and went to ECU... As soon as I got accepted at UNCC, I logged into my campus email and was getting one or two emails weekly about crimes on or near campus. After a few weeks/months of getting these, I decided to change my mind and attend ECU instead. Greenville isn't the safest place on earth, but I strongly believe it's safer than parts of Charlotte. Overall I'm happy with my choice at ECU, but I still sometimes wish I had attended school at App State or UNC Asheville.

I lived in Raleigh for 18 years, but I'm now glad I live in a smallish city. I don't think I'll ever move to another city with over 200,000 inhabitants.

Last edited: