• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Field Trip + Dinner / Saturday May 14, 2011

user

Accomplished Advocate
I was allowed to drink all the water I wanted during those hours. Which was good, because that way I could fill up on water and not have to eat so much of the [*stuff*] my grandmother made. She had the idea that the depression was still on, and that we had to eat as much garbage as possible. I had no idea, for like thirty or forty years, that "meat loaf" could actually be an edible food. But she'd apparently spent summers as a girl with her Chichester relatives in the F'burg area, and had acquired these notions of propriety that required her to make the distinction between "dinner" and "supper". Too bad she hadn't learned to cook.

You can't imagine what a luxury it is for me to be able to eat at FiveGuys.

Last edited:

Dreamer

It just so happens that I'll be in Fairfax on the 14th. My stepdaughters are doing a Gluten Free Cooking demo at the Wegman's over by the County Government Center from 11-3. I probably can't get away for the Museum Tour (Although I'd LOVE to) but maybe I might be able to make it to Five Guys for dinner, depending on how many vehicles we take and if they want to come along (probably not though, since they can't eat ANYTHING on the menu...)

If I do come, I may bring a friend from NoVa...

KiltedRonin

I will try to be there for the museum tour, but sadly cannot make dinner.. my brother and his south Mississippi cooking girlfriend are doing home made Jambalaya... and IMO Jambalaya > five guys.. so.. museum then a run to MD.. sigh, hate going to the people's republic of MD.

Dreamer

OK, my scheduling didn't work out to hook up with you guys, but I did make it to the NRA Firearms Museum from 12:30-1:30, and was OCing my Para in a tan Serpa the whole time. I wish the "other museums" in the DC area were so supportive about OC... ;)

Took some GREAT pics, and saw some historic firearms! Sorry I missed you guys--I hope you had a good time, but I had a full schedule today...

IanB

GUNS!!

DSC_2314.jpg

DSC_2312.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

DSC_2309.jpg

DSC_2307.jpg

DSC_2310.jpg

DSC_2305.jpg

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Also sorry I missed it...

Did the part three legal lecture of the Personal Protection in the Home course in Purcellville, and got back from that at about 3; then had to sit on the baby (being the dutiful grandfather) after 5; I was really looking forward to that hamburger, too.