• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier attacker killed

Damien

The man that attacked an open carrier in a restaurant and claimed he was a federal agent was killed yesterday by abq police while being served an arrest warrant for a road rage incident. more info is on the news.

-Damien

Aknazer

Name of the guy killed was Christopher torres for anyone curious. I would post links to the oc attack and his killing but c/p of text on my phone is beyond me.

VW_Factor

Thanks for the additions to the thread guys.. Kinda hard to post links on my iPad.

-Damien

Really? Did they leave out the copy paste feature on that, like they did the iPhone for sometime? (I am pretty sure they have C/P now, but it did not upon release)

PracticalTactical

According to court records, Torres "was screaming about satellites observing us, and how everyone was a 'carbon copy' but that he was 'flesh and bone'" when officers arrived. Torres was charged with public affray, battery, disorderly conduct and impersonating a law enforcement officer.

What I have to wonder is why this loony was out of the bin.

---------------------
Shameless Sig Plug: Practical Tactical Training - The Best CHL class value in Southern New Mexico. PM me for details or call 575-520-8888

NMBill

What is it about...

...Bernalillo County Deputy County Managers? "Albuquerque police shot and killed the son of a deputy Bernalillo County manager after going to the family's home to serve an arrest warrant on the man...Torres is the son of Renetta Torres, deputy manager for administrative services."

That's today, then there was this article from April 2010:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/man-keeps-county-job-after-many-arrests

"News 13 has learned an Albuquerque man with a lengthy arrest record works in one of the Bernalillo County Public Safety departments his father, a high-ranking county official, oversees...Jamie Dantis, 29, has been arrested at least ten times since he was 18-years-old for everything from DWI and pot possession to assault and shoplifting. His father is John Dantis , the Bernalillo County Deputy Manager for Public Safety."

AH.74

When we first came out here my wife and I were very disappointed to learn of all the corruption. What NMBill points out as an example is more common than we would like to think.

Sounds like this guy was looking for a suicide by gun owner option, and this time it just so happened to be the police.

Damien

News this morning gave more details on what happened. When the police attempted to arrest Mr. Torres he punched a cop and grabbed his gun. Bang bang.. no more problem. The news also mentioned that Mr. Torres suffered from schizophrenia.

-Damien

snoball

No surprise, but now the nut job family is claiming that "APD is 1000 Times Negligent". They claim they have hired four private investigators and that the detectives protecting themselves will face both civil and criminal charges. How come the family did nothing when they knew this guy was a loose cannon and had already threatened many Albuquerque citizens? At least he will no longer hurt anybody else.

PracticalTactical

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro/152330325423newsmetro04-15-11.htm

The guy's brother is a lawyer, and he raised insanity in recent court proceedings, but managed somehow to get his dangerous brother out free while charges were pending.

During that time he was involved in at least 25 road rage incidents, including one where he tried to pull a lady out of her car. Then he died when he got a gun from a cop's holster during an arrest for the road rage.

If anything the family is 1000 times negligent for using their influence to keep him out on the street when it was clear that he was a danger to society and himself.

Now they want to blame the system they manipulated for their loss.

What do they expect the cops to do? Leave the guy alone?