Thread: Regarding Erus, member, gun rights advocate

Regarding Erus, member, gun rights advocate

I have never posted to this site before today, but have frequently discussed active topics with or read postings over the shoulder of my husband, known on these forums as "Erus".

On March 24, Erus passed away at home, surrounded by those who knew and loved him. Beyond the great and personal loss to his family, Nevada and the United States has lost a passionately outspoken gun rights advocate. I don't know how close any of the members of this board were with him, but I know that he visited this forum often and was fairly active with his posts. Shortly after posting this announcement, I will be deleting his account.

I know that he gleaned much invaluable information from this site and its forums, and through him, I have learned a great deal. For this, I personally thank you all.

Many blessings,
    River

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    My condolences to you and yours.

May the memories of happy times sustain you.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Very sad to hear, I'm sorry for your loss. His posts were always well thought out and well spoken, and I considered him a very valuable member of the board.

I hope his minor legacy here is not lost when you remove his account. God Bless.

Thank you for sharing your loss with us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I have heard it said often that the right to "bear arms" for protection is a God given right...

If that is indeed true (and I am sure it is), then I am also confident that your husband is with God as well as God is with him. Consider this... Your husband is now in a better place, where carrying a weapon is not even given a single, split second thought, becuase he is now is a SAFE place where danger, and the need to protect yourself is non-existant....

I will pray that you find the strength and peace to carry you through the tough times ahead, may you find comfort in the fact that your husband is now safe...

Outdoorsman1

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Sorry for your loss.

Our loss, too.

condolences, very nice of you to tell us.

My condolences for your loss, and thank you for letting us know.

My wife also knows my internet usage pretty well, and she knows that after however much time she needs, I would like her to let my online friends know.