• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 update

seminoles1999

Rule 4.7(2)

4.7—Reference to more than one committee; effect
(1) In case of multiple reference of a bill, it shall be considered by each
committee separately in the order in which the multiple reference is
made. However, if any committee to which the bill is referred makes an
unfavorable report on said bill, that report shall be filed with the Senate
and no further consideration given by other committees except by a twothirds
(2/3) vote of those Senators present.
(2) If a committee reports a bill favorably with committee substitute
or with any amendment which substantially amends the bill, the
President may change or correct the reference of the reported bill. This
Rule does not apply to a bill reported by a subcommittee unless the bill
has been withdrawn from the standing committee. Notice shall be given
to the Secretary and the introducer of the bill.

Terminal Velocity

Final push for Florida open carry needs nationwide support!

Open carriers - this is it - on Friday the last committee to hear the open carry rights restoration bill will decide the fate of open carru in Florida.

Your action is urgently needed - please execute the laert item below:

--
April 13, 2011

URGENT! SB 234 Press Release - E-mail request from Florida Open-Carry.org and Florida Carry, Inc.

Dear Friends,

Please review the press release included below. Senate Bill 234 will meet the Florida Senate Rules Committee on Friday, April 15 at 9:15 am. We request that you send this to the members of the committee.

Please copy and paste everything below into an e-mail to the committee members.
---------------------------------------

TO:

thrasher.john.web@flsenate.gov; alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov; bullard.larcenia.web@flsenate.gov; flores.anitere.web@flsenate.gov; gaetz.don.web@flsenate.gov; gardiner.andy.web@flsenate.gov; jones.dennis.web@flsenate.gov; margolis.gwen.web@flsenate.gov; negron.joe.web@flsenate.gov; richter.garrett.web@flsenate.gov; siplin.gary.web@flsenate.gov; smith.chris.web@flsenate.gov; wise.stephen.web@flsenate.gov

SUBJ: Support SB 234 – Don’t give in to the same forces that fought us in 1987

Dear Senator,

The Rules Committee, of which you are a member, will consider Senate Bill 234. This bill would restore the practice of open carry of firearms. The Florida Sheriffs Association has been lobbying heavily in opposition, citing misinformation and exaggeration. Please see the recent press release from Florida – Open-Carry.org

When you cast your vote on Friday, please consider the realities of open carry and do not give in to the emotional and misleading speculation designed to persuade you to make a bad decision. Please vote in favor of SB 234.

Respectfully yours,

<Insert only your name here>

Got this in my FB messages! just trying to help ;)

New guy here, just signed up! Sent this through a few of my emails and posted on my FB ;)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
New guy here, just signed up! Sent this through a few of my emails and posted on my FB ;)

Greetings and salutations!

However, that committee already met and passed the bill. It is now waiting to be voted on the senate floor. Check my thread called "SB234: The Final Countdown"

Terminal Velocity

Greetings and salutations!

However, that committee already met and passed the bill. It is now waiting to be voted on the senate floor. Check my thread called "SB234: The Final Countdown"

Do'h! :banghead:

Well I guess a little more "hindsight" encouragement couldn't hurt, lol.... Thanks for the welcome!