• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in unfamilar KC area. 71 & 39th street.

Shooter64738

Evening all. I'm going to be in the area of 71 highway and 39th street in KC next weekend, and I was wondering what 'jurisdiction' that would fall under in KC. Should I expect to get some grief from law enforcement in that area? Does anyone have info on the neighborhood in that area? High crime, low crime etc..

Your input is appreciated!

kcgunfan

Evening all. I'm going to be in the area of 71 highway and 39th street in KC next weekend, and I was wondering what 'jurisdiction' that would fall under in KC. Should I expect to get some grief from law enforcement in that area? Does anyone have info on the neighborhood in that area? High crime, low crime etc..

Your input is appreciated!

That is in Kansas City Missouri proper, and in Jackson county also. KCMO is legal for OC, as is Jackson county. I've never had a seconds worth of trouble from KCMO PD. They might be a little more questiony down there though. That part of town is not the best part of town, but you can do a lot worse also.

mobodyguard

its a high crime area, i live on linwood(32nd) and prospect, but OC in kansas city is ok u should not have any problems but on the other hand u could, if u need a second friend i could accompany you.

keion parrish 913 713 8767

kcgunfan

its a high crime area, i live on linwood(32nd) and prospect, but OC in kansas city is ok u should not have any problems but on the other hand u could, if u need a second friend i could accompany you.

keion parrish 913 713 8767

I'll defer to Keion's south of the river expertise. I would think that around 39th, you would be out of the worst, but not into the best yet. But, I haven't been down there in a long time.

Shooter64738

Thanks for the info guys. I expected it would be a high crime area unfortunately. I also appreciate the offers to accompany me, but I will have a group with me already. Thanks again guys!