Thread: Need a Controversial Article

Need a Controversial Article

Hello everyone,

My speech teacher has given us the assignment to find a controversial news article and i cannot think of anything better to talk about than open carry! Just need help finding a good recent article regarding it. Thanks in advanced

-HOJ

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Hope this helps. I like the fact that these guys knew their rights and were not about to give them up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifv5qfuXmKQ
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/04/1...f-guns-on.html

not exactly the best of open carry news but it is from today. On a side note i hope it doesnt pass.

Thanks for the stuff so far but just to make it clear i know the laws and things to know regarding open carry. Just am trying to find a recent article about open carry. Will most likely wear my holster into class for this.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyOrangeJuice View Post
    Thanks for the stuff so far but just to make it clear i know the laws and things to know regarding open carry. Just am trying to find a recent article about open carry. Will most likely wear my holster into class for this.
    You can use the story on me if you want. If you read the comments you'll see that it was a bit controversial, include some controversy on OCDO because some people didn't like me holding a gun.

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/...?article=31451
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

I don't think open carry is controversial. It is the law border to border and everywhere in-between. The only thing controversial about it is the very few police officers who thought they got to decide which Constitutional Rights may be exercised.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

...assignment to find a controversial news article...
    How about this 'Brady Bunch' commercial instead? You can dissect it on several levels.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Constitutional carry VS Permit to carry : Why are people so willing to turn a rights into a privileges.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX
    Springfield, you ARE a controversial article!

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    How about this 'Brady Bunch' commercial instead? You can dissect it on several levels.
    brady bunch?! i heard they were pure evil from the 8th dimension!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOv73w_3k0I
    Last edited by McX; 04-14-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    You can use the story on me if you want. If you read the comments you'll see that it was a bit controversial, include some controversy on OCDO because some people didn't like me holding a gun.

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/...?article=31451
    Used this article and wore my holster all day at class! No one noticed it until pointed out in my speech that i am carrying it to promote carrying a firearm. Feels good to wear the holster...sucks i don't have a firearm to put in it:P

Hello everyone,

My speech teacher has given us the assignment to find a controversial news article and i cannot think of anything better to talk about than open carry! Just need help finding a good recent article regarding it. Thanks in advanced

-HOJ
    If your speech teacher is a liberal, just bring in the constitution... you'll have him/her foaming at the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    If your speech teacher is a liberal, just bring in the constitution... you'll have him/her foaming at the mouth.
    Be sure to bring in a copy of the original bill of rights as well.

Used this article and wore my holster all day at class! No one noticed it until pointed out in my speech that i am carrying it to promote carrying a firearm. Feels good to wear the holster...sucks i don't have a firearm to put in it:P
    When I was invited to give a presentation to UW medical school students last October I was sent a reminder that firearms are not allowed on UW property or in campus buildings. So I wore a plastic training "blue" gun in my holster. 1) because I wanted to wear something, and 2) because I gave the students a little demonstration related to the "21-foot drill."

My "opponent" in the presentation showed up with, what appeared to me, an authentic Tommy gun! (Although I did not inspect it.)

After the presentation ended I had a number of students swarm me to tell me how compelling they thought my demonstration was while my opponent stood idly by.

Tell us more about how your presentation was received!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"