• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a Controversial Article

HolyOrangeJuice

Hello everyone,

My speech teacher has given us the assignment to find a controversial news article and i cannot think of anything better to talk about than open carry! Just need help finding a good recent article regarding it. Thanks in advanced

-HOJ

HolyOrangeJuice

Thanks for the stuff so far but just to make it clear i know the laws and things to know regarding open carry. Just am trying to find a recent article about open carry. Will most likely wear my holster into class for this.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Thanks for the stuff so far but just to make it clear i know the laws and things to know regarding open carry. Just am trying to find a recent article about open carry. Will most likely wear my holster into class for this.

You can use the story on me if you want. If you read the comments you'll see that it was a bit controversial, include some controversy on OCDO because some people didn't like me holding a gun.

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/article.php?article=31451

comp45acp

I don't think open carry is controversial. It is the law border to border and everywhere in-between. The only thing controversial about it is the very few police officers who thought they got to decide which Constitutional Rights may be exercised.

HolyOrangeJuice

You can use the story on me if you want. If you read the comments you'll see that it was a bit controversial, include some controversy on OCDO because some people didn't like me holding a gun.

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/article.php?article=31451

Used this article and wore my holster all day at class! No one noticed it until pointed out in my speech that i am carrying it to promote carrying a firearm. Feels good to wear the holster...sucks i don't have a firearm to put in it:p

1FASTC4

Hello everyone,

My speech teacher has given us the assignment to find a controversial news article and i cannot think of anything better to talk about than open carry! Just need help finding a good recent article regarding it. Thanks in advanced

-HOJ

If your speech teacher is a liberal, just bring in the constitution... you'll have him/her foaming at the mouth.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Used this article and wore my holster all day at class! No one noticed it until pointed out in my speech that i am carrying it to promote carrying a firearm. Feels good to wear the holster...sucks i don't have a firearm to put in it:p

When I was invited to give a presentation to UW medical school students last October I was sent a reminder that firearms are not allowed on UW property or in campus buildings. So I wore a plastic training "blue" gun in my holster. 1) because I wanted to wear something, and 2) because I gave the students a little demonstration related to the "21-foot drill."

My "opponent" in the presentation showed up with, what appeared to me, an authentic Tommy gun! (Although I did not inspect it.)

After the presentation ended I had a number of students swarm me to tell me how compelling they thought my demonstration was while my opponent stood idly by.

Tell us more about how your presentation was received!