• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah "Permission Slip" Class by the Yellow Cat with the M-4

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
If you're a AAA member, they'll do a set of 2 passport photos for free.
(Dunno if it's once a year or how frequently you can get away with it.)
That's how I got the photos needed for my UT & FL permits. What's odd is that on the permits, they look very different.

Hey, now... I object to being called 'inert'. :lol:

If JPM is looking for "inert aides" I may be qualified after all!

jpm84092

Hold up there....
South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina.... http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf

Still a good price and should be a great class.....

South Carolina will honor a Florida Non-Resident permit IF the holder of said permit owns land in South Carolina and pays taxes on that land. Applicants must submit a statement from their South Carolina taxing authority at the time of application and any re-application. Selling the land and not paying taxes in SC invalidates the exception for non residents who own land in SC.

M

McX

there's alot of banter. but what it means to me is Utah goes alot of places other got slimmys on. I guess it's like the American Express of walking gun. what's in your wallet? comes to mind. plus i plan to deprive of revenue on a different plane.

rcav8r

I'd be in for either day.

So if I got this straight, $20 as a WCI member for the class fee, 62.50 in a check for the permit itself, a passport photo, a set of fingerprints (little confusion here-you say not needed, but FBI will reject poorly done prints and Utah will need a new app fee?), and a printout of the "book".

Cobra469

I can bring my 32 inch LCD TV. It's not much but hey its something if a projector isn't available. I will make some calls to see about borrowing a projector. I also have a Glock 19 I can bring for demonstration. I have a few laptops I can probably bring as well. Let me know what all you need and I will see what I can do to help.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Maybe I'm slow....

What day, what time? Where? How do I sign up? What do I need to bring?

Do I get a discount because the 30th is my birthday? :D I am a WCI member as well.

rcav8r

We need to get this firmed up. passport photos and possibly fingerprints needs to be taken care of before this starts.

jpm84092

State of Utah "Permissionn Slip" (CFP) Class

I recognize that many events will be taking place during my visit to Wisconsin. Calico Jack has his event "up North" and on Sunday the 1st of May the Delavan meet-n-Greet open carry event will take place in Southern Wisconsin.

My Wisconsin allies have not firmed anything up for me so I will now have to take action.

I have access to an Airport hanger in East Troy. The Delavan Meet-n-Greet on May 1 gets over at 3 pm. I will hold my Utah "permission slip" class from 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm at the Airport hanger in East Troy (unless somebody contacts me with a better location). This will give enough time for Calico Jack to make it to SE WI after his class.

jpm84092

We need to get this firmed up. passport photos and possibly fingerprints needs to be taken care of before this starts.

Photos and Fingerprints are the responsibility of my students.

Applications submitted before 5-10-11 will be $62.50 - After 5-10-11, the fee is $65.00 but with the right amount on the check, former application forms will be accepted (at least as of today's information from Utah BCI).

Walgreen's will do passport photos for $8.99 (for two) - you can use the second photo in your Florida permit applications.

Firmed up = Since WCI will be holding an open carry event at Starbucks in Delavan on May 1, I propose to hold the class in East Troy (at the Airport in a hanger) immediately after the open carry event.

NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM. All open carry firearms will be inspected to insure that they are "clear".

jpm84092

I can bring my 32 inch LCD TV. It's not much but hey its something if a projector isn't available. I will make some calls to see about borrowing a projector. I also have a Glock 19 I can bring for demonstration. I have a few laptops I can probably bring as well. Let me know what all you need and I will see what I can do to help.

Please confirm that you can bring your 32 inch LCD TV (that is compatible with a computer) to the Open Carry Event in Delavan on May 1 - and then to the class after the Open Carry Event.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am not sure she will go but my wife has showed some slight interest in handguns. If she has never even touched a gun, would the class still be OK for her?

Also, do we need the pictures and prints before the class or just before mailing the application in?

jpm84092

I am not sure she will go but my wife has showed some slight interest in handguns. If she has never even touched a gun, would the class still be OK for her?

Also, do we need the pictures and prints before the class or just before mailing the application in?

Prints and photos go in with the application. The fee goes up from $62.50 to $65.00 for non-residents starting on May 10, 2011.

About 1/3 of the Utah class is devoted to Firearm Familiarity and I teach this portion of the class using the slides from the NRA Pistol Course. If your wife attends, she will be getting the NRA First Steps Pistol Course (without the live fire portion). If we can work out some life fire before I go back to UT, I can issue her the NRA First Steps Pistol Course Certificate of Achievement.

Carry on