• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry ID

Maharaja

Aknazer

I wonder what the legality of having something like that by your gun would be. I mean its not a badge per say, and anyone who bothered to read it would instantly know you're not a cop so they couldn't say you're impersonating a cop.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Badges we don't need no stinking badges!

since leo's are worried about the influx of "man with gun" calls and private citizens not knowing who is legal and not, i think proper id is needed. A quick google search quickly revealed the PERFECT solution to IDing legal open carriers (PS - please don't burn me at the stake if this is a repost, i didnt find it if so...)

see here - http://media.photobucket.com/image/open%20carry%20badge/ShipAhoy/old%2520stuff/badge20open20carry20mall20ninja.jpg

:banana::lol::banana:

Mall ninja badge are you friggin kidding me!!! :banghead::banghead:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Sarcasm de(t)flector is on

Yes, he is kidding you. Please adjust your sarcasm detector. ;-)

Mall ninja's are bozo's ....I open carry my legal guns daily and twice on sunday ...bad guys don't usually open carry !!! The two second loaded and ready is well within my capabilities and training ....I still don't need no stinking badges lol

Keithmj

My reply

This five star is illegal in Florida. It is just about the same as the Sheriff. Any other badge except that one..Peace

JeepSeller

This five star is illegal in Florida. It is just about the same as the Sheriff. Any other badge except that one..Peace

I doubt anyone was being serious about the badge pictured above. It's commonly accepted within the carrying community that badges are just a bad idea all around. It's actually a running joke among most gun forums.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It does accentuate the "appointed only one of the state" mentality that permits create. The product wouldn't exist if there wasn't demand... [gag me with a fork]

elkerbud

Badges bad, Open ID good

Yes your right...badges are a very bad idea

I agree badges are dumb because the same regs apply whether open or concealed. Carrying your CWL in an ID carried around the neck is more useful. If you are open carrying then ID exposed, but if carrying concealed keep it under clothing easy to access without getting your butt shot off while reaching for your wallet. IMHO

Kingfish

I agree badges are dumb because the same regs apply whether open or concealed. Carrying your CWL in an ID carried around the neck is more useful. If you are open carrying then ID exposed, but if carrying concealed keep it under clothing easy to access without getting your butt shot off while reaching for your wallet. IMHO
You carry how you like but for me, I will just open carry in my daily life. My permission slip is in my wallet and that is where it will stay. No ID on a lanyard foolishness for me.

hammer6

apparently you've never been to an OC state...