Thread: Magazine Capacity Ban (Email your reps!)

Magazine Capacity Ban (Email your reps!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC9Wv...&feature=feedu

Please email your reps to not support this stupid legislation. They Brady Campaign is pushing this hard.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    Lovely. I thought they did this a couple months ago.

Email sent. To all reps.

They are now looking at passing another law that would ban certain magazines. I'm sure you already know my position on this ban, but please don't let it happen. I would contact Washington, but that would simply be a waste of time. We seem to have a pair of bricks holding the Michigan positions there.

They aren't clips anyhow, they are magazines. Why should The Arizona shooter be able to carry 70+ rounds, while I would be limited to 10?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-14-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Everybody just sit back, relax and think about this.

McCarthy’s HB 308 was introduced within a week of the Tucson shooting. It was immediately sent to committee where it is gathering dust. The same with the Senate sister bill. Gathering dust.

There are about two and a half dozen gun related bills between both chambers, and ALL are just gathering dust. Not one of them has ever appeared on the committee’s calendar to be debated.

In the 111th congress, when the Libs held a vast majority in both chambers, not one....repeat....not one single gun related bill made it out of committee. All of those bills officially died when congress adjourned the second session of the 111th.

Now, with the dramatic shift in power in both chambers of this congress (112th) do you honestly believe ANY gun related bill will ever get out of committee????

To view the progress, or more to the point, the lack of progress of the gun related bills, still sitting in committee, stop by Constitutional Watch.

http://constitutionwatch.wordpress.com/

Chris

Banned
    Sure, but that's no reason to be any less vigilant about communicating with the powers that be, and making our voices heard. When that happens, it will be easier for them to pull something like this off. The best way to get out of a lions den, is to wait for the lion to go to sleep.

Since I do all my shooting at the range, somewhere between 14 and 17 rounds is ideal. When I carry I like to use the 13+1 default magazine.

Why does this group want to make target practice more difficult?

I think they should be working on making it so >2000lb killing machines (called 'cars' and 'trucks') can't go over 55 mph, and prosecuting those who run down people while txting to the fullest extent of the law. Either would save more lives than banning "clips".

Oh, and what about banning depleted Uranium shells the military uses? Now there's an ammo issue that has wide consequences.

Banned
    I would object to the 55 thing, Im seldom under 80. 55 causes people to become laxwd, bored, tired and impatient. Also causes congestion, nothing safer than a bunch of tired cranky drivers packed close together, watching out for police cars or daydreaming instead of watching what they are doing.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-14-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I would object to the 55 thing, Im seldom under 80. 55 causes people to become laxwd, bored, tired and impatient. Also causes congestion, nothing safer than a bunch of tired cranky drivers packed close together, watching out for police cars or daydreaming instead of watching what they are doing.
    Plus 1
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I think they should be working on making it so >2000lb killing machines (called 'cars' and 'trucks') can't go over 55 mph
    99% of speeding is harmless; why would you initiate force against those committing no harm?

Banned
    Speeding is nothing more than opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CoonDog View Post
    99% of speeding is harmless; why would you initiate force against those committing no harm?
    So I see you got my irony. 99.9999999% of high cap magazines are used harmlessly at the range.
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 04-18-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Banned
    Oh good, I misunderstood, and thought you were serious about lowering speed limits. IMO they should be abolished. Speed warning signs should be placed and enforced when there is a real danger, but not as a driving tax as they are in the current form.